Notices

The Monterey Motorsports Reunion - A Documentary Photography Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2024, 01:39 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default The Monterey Motorsports Reunion - A Documentary Photography Project

Some of you may remember me from the 993 sub-form at RL, which I used to participate in regularly. While I haven't posted in a long while, I still do own my '95 Polar Silver 993 and greatly enjoy driving it.

In the years since actively participating on RL, I became serious about photography and have worked on various long-term documentary projects with an automotive slant. I've been working on one in particular, titled The Historics, focused on the Monterey Motorsports Reunion .

Given that we're just over a week away from the start of the 50th anniversary of the Monterey Motorsports Reunion, I thought I'd share some photographs from the 2023 event with the West US Region sub-forum. If anyone is interested, I have additional photographs from the project posted on my web site.

I'll be attending the Pre-Reunion and Historic Race event this year and hope to bump into some of you there. Just look for the tall guy carrying an old film camera

Brief technical note: The photographs in this project were shot on black and white film and are being printed as silver gelatin prints using traditional darkroom methods. These methods and materials were chosen to provide the project with an authentic appearance consistent with the era of the subject matter.

Last edited by logan2z; 07-31-2024 at 11:36 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by logan2z:
996love (08-02-2024), cyn (08-01-2024), Emsworth (08-02-2024), Kineticdg (08-10-2024), ltcjmramos (08-01-2024), Mike981S (07-31-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-01-2024, 10:03 PM
cyn
Advanced

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Lovely shots and yes, the development matches the aesthetic of the classic cars

You note that you are "attending the Pre-Reunion and Historic Race event this year" - what days are they on? I will be at Leguna Seca on Saturday for the Reunion of Motorsports races.
Old 08-02-2024, 10:23 AM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cyn
Lovely shots and yes, the development matches the aesthetic of the classic cars
Thank you!

Originally Posted by cyn
You note that you are "attending the Pre-Reunion and Historic Race event this year" - what days are they on? I will be at Leguna Seca on Saturday for the Reunion of Motorsports races.
​​​​​​The Pre-Reunion is on August 10 and 11. More info on the Laguna Seca website:

https://www.countyofmonterey.gov/gov...ts/pre-reunion

I like the Pre-Reunion because it's not as busy as the actual race days, so it's better for photographing.
​​​​
The 'Historic Races' is how I refer to the Motorsports Reunion, it's not a separate event.

Quick Reply: The Monterey Motorsports Reunion - A Documentary Photography Project