Notices

Porsche Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 04:01 PM
bradthe
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Ha! Ha ! Porsche service sucks! LMAO. I'd almost rather get divorced again. Ya, it's that bad.

I will say Newport at the beach locale was just fine. Simply did an oil change once. Years ago. Then I found Redline in Orange.

Went to Irvine for a recall and waited about a month for an appointment. Finally got in. They did what was expected. I had just done my 40K (?) service with Redline in Orange, and just simply asked if I were to do that service at Irvine, how much would it be? 3 TIMES THE PRICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!? ARE THEY MAGICAL? THE SERVICE ADVISOR SAYS, "YA, THE PORSCHE TAX IS REAL".

Then there was the door panel issue on the 2014 911. Not one dealer would step up to help. The common excuse was that i don't service my car with the dealer. Did you see what they charge?!?!?!? why the hell would I ?!?!?!?

Oh! So I had the warranty on the 911 and took it to Redline, and he looked at it for free and told me whatever the noise was would be covered by Porsche, and to try PORSCHE LONG BEACH. (SIDE NOTE-WHAT AN OVERPRICED OIL CHANGE), So i get an appointment to address the funny noise that has popped up. Drop it off, and the next day they send me a video, and tell me the pump for the PDCC is bad, they will replace it and it will take a couple of days. ok. Fast forward, after they spent $4800 of Porsche warranty money they tell me they have put the car back together but it makes the same noise!!!!!!!!!
So i wait another day for diagnosis. They tell me now it's an alternator, also covered and they get to work, and i get the car back a few days later, as we had to wait for parts? Whatever. I expect very little. Call me whenever ya got it. Porsche warranty is paying. Let me know if you can drop a new PDK in it too! LOL.

Don't get me started on my buying experience at Fresno!

mCKENNA? PASS! GOOD YOUNG NICE GUY IN SERVICE DRIVE THAT DOESN'T KNOW MUCH BUT kind of TRIES. Got my car back with a panel fit issue that wasn't there when I dropped it off. New Service Manager now. Not willing to try again.

Porsche are terrible. I tried to switch to Mclaren, but after my research have found the brand to be great cars with terrible reliability. I'm stuck with Porsche. I've had 13 or 14 Porsche, but as a company and dealers they couldn't care less.
I cannot wait for the economy to shift, and watch Porsche suffer. I'm tired of looking at cars with more MARKUP than the price of a Macan!

Bought one from Pasadena. let my salesperson know after i get the boilerplate email about customer follow-up and can he do anything for you, blah blah, and tell the guy what new car I'm looking for and can't even get a follow-up!

I will continue to avoid the dealers as well as I can and keep enjoying the cars. rant over.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealers