Notices

Auto Transport from Bay Area to Yakima Wa

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 02:31 PM
metelhead
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Auto Transport from Bay Area to Yakima Wa

Hey just purchased 2019 cayenne S from a Bay Area Porsche dealer and looking for good transport company to get it up to me asap!

Wanted to fly down and drive up, but Ca sales tax laws made that not viable, so dealer is supposedly helping arrange transport, but 4 days after purchase have yet to land this cayenne on a truck yet. Yes I'm a bit impatient at the moment haha...this deal has taken every opportunity to drag out!

Anyway, I looked under the sponsors to see if anyone offered transport but didn't see any. However would love to hear any recommendations for Transport that is both reliable and economical. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2024, 09:07 PM
likes2drive911
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Call Max at Supremacy Auto Transport at 888-751-3838

I have used him 3x, and two friends have used him as well.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:30 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 276 Likes on 145 Posts

Hi @metelhead - I was in a similar situation. I live up in Seattle but received an 992 allocation from a SoCal dealer in November. I went through the pro's and con's of whether to drive the car back home and make a nice road trip out of it vs. truck it back. Researched past postings on RL, did Google searches on the best approach, etc. If you were to drive it back from CA, Yes, you would have to pay CA sales tax but I understand it will be credited by WA once you register the car; Therefore, you would only owe WA for the difference (I think WA has slightly higher sales tax than CA). Oddly enough, the clearest and most concise guidance I received was from a CA Suburu dealer site if you are interested in driving the car back home out of state. Here's the link: https://www.fowlersubaru.com/outofstate . It appears dealers can issue you a "one way" temporary tag. Now whether your dealer is inclined and customer oriented enough to go through with it is a different topic. If you were to truck it up, you can search the forum for recommendations on carriers - Plycon/Plycar was one such recommendation. They quoted me $2K to truck the car from SoCal to Seattle.

Luckily for me, I received a last minute allocation from a local Seattle dealer so I ended up not having to go through the drive back vs. truck decision. The above info might be late for your decision so purely FYI. Good luck!!

[ I'm not a tax accountant, I only play one on TV. ]

Originally Posted by metelhead
Hey just purchased 2019 cayenne S from a Bay Area Porsche dealer and looking for good transport company to get it up to me asap!

Wanted to fly down and drive up, but Ca sales tax laws made that not viable, so dealer is supposedly helping arrange transport, but 4 days after purchase have yet to land this cayenne on a truck yet. Yes I'm a bit impatient at the moment haha...this deal has taken every opportunity to drag out!

Anyway, I looked under the sponsors to see if anyone offered transport but didn't see any. However would love to hear any recommendations for Transport that is both reliable and economical. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2024, 07:10 PM
metelhead
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by likes2drive911
Call Max at Supremacy Auto Transport at 888-751-3838

I have used him 3x, and two friends have used him as well.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
Hi @metelhead - I was in a similar situation. I live up in Seattle but received an 992 allocation from a SoCal dealer in November. I went through the pro's and con's of whether to drive the car back home and make a nice road trip out of it vs. truck it back. Researched past postings on RL, did Google searches on the best approach, etc. If you were to drive it back from CA, Yes, you would have to pay CA sales tax but I understand it will be credited by WA once you register the car; Therefore, you would only owe WA for the difference (I think WA has slightly higher sales tax than CA). Oddly enough, the clearest and most concise guidance I received was from a CA Suburu dealer site if you are interested in driving the car back home out of state. Here's the link: https://www.fowlersubaru.com/outofstate . It appears dealers can issue you a "one way" temporary tag. Now whether your dealer is inclined and customer oriented enough to go through with it is a different topic. If you were to truck it up, you can search the forum for recommendations on carriers - Plycon/Plycar was one such recommendation. They quoted me $2K to truck the car from SoCal to Seattle.

Luckily for me, I received a last minute allocation from a local Seattle dealer so I ended up not having to go through the drive back vs. truck decision. The above info might be late for your decision so purely FYI. Good luck!!

[ I'm not a tax accountant, I only play one on TV. ]

Thats good info, appreciated. So weird how States works sometimes, but when everyones hand is out makes it interesting based on other states co-op.

Anyway- I finally did manage to connect with a transport, very quick service in fully enclosed trailer for a reasonable fee. thanks

Quick Reply: Auto Transport from Bay Area to Yakima Wa