Notices

Orange County, CA (Irvine) Anyone have four wheels with mounted tires I could rent?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 06:03 PM
funnelofdoom
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Orange County, CA (Irvine) Anyone have four wheels with mounted tires I could rent?

I'm having wheels powder coated and I don't want to leave my C2S 997 with the shop. I could leave it on jackstands but would prefer not to and while I do work from home, I might need my car in case of emergency.

Does anyone happen to have any old wheels with mounted tires I could rent (or borrow) for a few days while I get the work done?

Thanks!

Also, I would probably put 0-10 miles on them at most (just to pick up food or drop kid off at baseball practice) and am an older driver who beats on my car, but am respectful of others' property.

Last edited by funnelofdoom; 11-28-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:26 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,672 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Might try the Marketplace adds on this forum. Check the Box for "Parts," Enter "997" in the Text Box, Check the Box for "Wheels & Tires" and then set a maximum mileage range. I live just south of you and did this with a 100 mile range. There are quite a few folks from Moorepark to San Diego selling 997 wheels with tires mounted for fairly reasonable prices. Might contact those folks for rental and/or purchase options.
The following users liked this post:
funnelofdoom (12-01-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 01:56 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

I'm in Lake Forest and have a set of track wheels with Bridgestone RE71Rs on them; a bit of an aggressive tire given the temps, but useable if you're just using them for quick errands, etc.

Only rub is that they're Cayman fitment. Here's how they look compared to stock 997 wheels ("Original Setup" is stock 997 wheel specs, "New Setup", i.e. yellow outlines, are my wheels):

Front

Rear
(the wheel offset dropdown here didn't go to +67, which is the C2S offset, so I set it to +62 with a +5mm spacer)

Definitely different sizing here, but if there's enough room in the wheel wells it could work. Feel free to PM if you'd like.

Last edited by burnergt4; 11-29-2023 at 01:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
funnelofdoom (12-01-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 11:55 PM
funnelofdoom
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 17 Posts

I just PMed you. Let me know how much you want for the rental. I actually have factory 5mm spacers but I also have a bit of a drop from B16 coilovers but I think these will fit, especially since I basically just need something to keep my car rollable. I left my phone number so text me. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by burnergt4
I'm in Lake Forest and have a set of track wheels with Bridgestone RE71Rs on them; a bit of an aggressive tire given the temps, but useable if you're just using them for quick errands, etc.

Only rub is that they're Cayman fitment. Here's how they look compared to stock 997 wheels ("Original Setup" is stock 997 wheel specs, "New Setup", i.e. yellow outlines, are my wheels):

Front

Rear
(the wheel offset dropdown here didn't go to +67, which is the C2S offset, so I set it to +62 with a +5mm spacer)

Definitely different sizing here, but if there's enough room in the wheel wells it could work. Feel free to PM if you'd like.

Quick Reply: Orange County, CA (Irvine) Anyone have four wheels with mounted tires I could rent?