Notices

SAE racecar, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 10:32 AM
garybayless
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAE racecar, need help!

I am hoping someone will be able to help my son who is a student at University of California San Diego. He is a Aeronautical engineering major and the president of the SAE (Society of Automobile Engineers) group at the school. They (30 students) have in less than a year constructed a complete racecar. It is designed to compete within the rules of competition set by the SAE International organization at the Silver Dome in Michigan.

They successfully raised $27,000, but are now down to the wire and need a little more assistance. Specifically a truck to take the completed car to Michigan from San Diego. Ideally it would be a box/cube rental type truck, so the car, tools and spare parts can be safely contained.

They will need it May 14-15 through May 25th. My son has volunteered to drive with another student if professional trucking is not available. If necessary I will have my insurance agent prepare a note of insurance to cover this time frame.

Any ideas or leads would be greatly appreciated. Contact Micah Bayless at:
Micah Bayless <mbayless@ucsd.edu>

I am a member of: Porsche Club of America(25yrs), Sports Car Club of America(20yrs), Northwest Hillclimb Association(20yrs), Empire Sports Car Club(15yrs), Quattro Club of America(11yrs), Rotary Club(21yrs), Pebble Beach Concours Media Management(5yrs)

Thank you!
Gary Bayless
#020604-2737

Quick Reply: SAE racecar, need help!