Notices

SF Bay Area dealer reputations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 02:50 PM
ghost_of_onyx
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ducktails
I'll chime in about Fremont Porsche (Gunter and Scott) even though extra demand it will make it harder for me to get service appointments in future

They're excellent. I also go out of my way to get work done there (from San Francisco now from much further north).

I wouldn't say I've had a horrible experience at other Bay Area dealers (I think I've probably I've used them all for sales, service or both at some point or another over the years) but Fremont has been consistently good.
Not sure if this will make a difference, but Scott (at least the Scott I worked with at Porsche Fremont) no longer appears in their service department on the "About Us" page or in the online scheduler
Old 03-11-2022, 06:20 PM
CPL55
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts

I've worked with several Bay Area dealers over the years, and in my recent experience I highly recommend Brett Payne and Porsche Marin above all the others. Knowledgeable, straight shooter, very responsive, and a super nice and interesting guy to talk to as well. I bought my '21 CPO Macan from him, and was so impressed I just referred my dad to him for a purchase of an incoming '22 Macan. At that dealership (and most, obviously, but that location probably even more so) they sell a lot of extremely high-priced models, and our Macans are not exactly in the loftier registers of that realm. And yet, I can't imagine getting any better treatment if I were buying a GT car or similar. Also had a great experience with Gary in the service department.
The following users liked this post:
SC1 (02-23-2024)
Old 03-12-2022, 02:26 PM
csklsc
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Great buying experience with Ralph Gonzales and Doug DeMasi at Porsche Livermore. Was originally calling them about a CPO 981 in Feb 2021 and when the options didn't align with my preferences, I asked them about availability of a new 718 GTS 4.0. Secured allocation within days and picked up my new GTS 4.0 from them in Aug 2021 with no ADM. They provided regular updates with screen shots of the Porsche Vehicle Sales and Management System along the way.
The following users liked this post:
pirahna (03-12-2022)

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area dealer reputations?