Notices

Any Dealer recommendations in Western WA?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 04:19 AM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Any Dealer recommendations in Western WA?

I am pretty new so forgive me if this has been answered. I assume it has but I *did* do a few searches here before posting.

I am wanting to buy my first Porsche. I think I know what I want but would like to do some research, learn more (hence joining Rennlist) and of course drive a few cars. I am a serious buyer but I am also not looking to rush in to this.

Does anyone have dealer and/or SA recommendations for Western WA? I am in Seattle but willing to drive a bit. I do not want to be a time waster but I do want to be an informed buyer.

Thanks in advance. Appreciate all suggestions as well as any advice on where to go to (dealer etc) to get a little time in the seat. (please note, that is NOT a passive-aggressive attempt to ask to drive your car!). I am genuinely looking for advice so please feel free to point me to existing posts or forum threads on this topic.

Thank you.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:17 AM
edub
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 190 Posts

Daria @ Porsche Bellingham
360 685 6253 cell

I didn't find any of the SA's at Tacoma or Bellevue very helpful or responsive.
Old 07-11-2021, 11:05 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Originally Posted by edub
360 685 6253 cell

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2021, 01:52 AM
Elliotw44
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by edub
360 685 6253 cell

I second this. Went to Porsche of Bellevue the SA cant even call me back with a quote and scheduling. Would not recommend lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by Elliotw44:
Icegrill (06-16-2023), michaeldorian (08-26-2021)
Old 08-16-2021, 02:01 PM
scr1244
Rennlist Member

Received 580 Likes on 271 Posts

It’s really a shame that a metro market as big as Seattle Tacoma and Bellevue has such lousy dealers representing the P car line. I’m not sure which one is worse…..Bellevue was tolerable when Barrier had it but he sold out a few years ago. Larson in Tacoma just might be the worst car dealer there is. Probably need to go out of the market to buy. My opinion comes from being a retired car dealer of over 42 years in that market.
Old 08-21-2021, 11:44 PM
sprocket3
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

The Seattle dealers are the worst in the nation. Porsche should strip Tacoma of their franchise in my opinion.

Head North or South.
The following 2 users liked this post by sprocket3:
Icegrill (06-16-2023), michaeldorian (08-26-2021)
Old 08-26-2021, 04:35 AM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by sprocket3
The Seattle dealers are the worst in the nation. Porsche should strip Tacoma of their franchise in my opinion.

Head North or South.
Drove down from Seattle and I wouldn’t even call the Tacoma a dealership. More like a tiny car lot. The showroom was empty and inventory was near zero. It must be on its way out. Horrible dealership.

Bellevue is only slightly better. Barely any inventory to see. Staff super standoff-ish.

Compared to SoCal where I’m from you can barely call any of these dealerships.

For how well off the area is, I’m surprised.

Is Bellingham much better? Thinking about making a trip up.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:17 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

The Tacoma dealership is undergoing a renovation, a total redo. Could be why it looked like it's gone, they are currently occupying a neighboring building that is poorly marked.

Not that I'm standing up for them, I've had bad experience there too. Unlike the Audi dealership next door and owned by same group which I have been happy with.
The following users liked this post:
michaeldorian (08-26-2021)
Old 08-28-2021, 02:34 PM
uwsherm
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
Drove down from Seattle and I wouldn’t even call the Tacoma a dealership. More like a tiny car lot. The showroom was empty and inventory was near zero. It must be on its way out. Horrible dealership.

Bellevue is only slightly better. Barely any inventory to see. Staff super standoff-ish.

Compared to SoCal where I’m from you can barely call any of these dealerships.

For how well off the area is, I’m surprised.

Is Bellingham much better? Thinking about making a trip up.
Not to necessarily defend Larson since I’m not much of a fan, but there is no inventory anywhere at any brand right now. COVID broke supply chains to some degree and the auto industry is using it as an opportunity to try to implement a build to order (or more likely ship to order) model. We’ll see if it sticks if/when supplies return to normal and dealer groups want more volume, but it has some obvious advantages for everyone except the customer.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:24 PM
JBSea
Instructor

UWSherm is correct about the inventory issue. I ended up getting my allocation from out of State.I went to Larson a couple months back because they had a 2019 Cayman GTS and that was the only thing around to test drive. I dont know if they are a good dealer but they were generous with the test drive and were saying "Want to drive a Taycan? Want to drive Car X?" So I appreciated that.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:13 PM
ilovemaui
Rennlist Member

Received 323 Likes on 185 Posts

I’ve used Tacoma and Bellevue for service. Bellevue quoted me a price on PDK service and said they could perform sevice while I waited. When I took the car in they said it would take three days to get to it even though I had made an appointment. They did however give me a me Macan to drive while they had the car but when picked up the price went up a few hundred dollars from the quote. They said the quote was incorrect. I won’t be using them again. Tacoma quoted $900 to replace broken drivers interior door handle. I declined and ordered part from Suncoast for $30 and it took me about 30 minutes to install.

Last edited by ilovemaui; 09-02-2021 at 04:16 PM.
Old 09-21-2021, 03:47 AM
911hammer
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

If your willing to drive a bit…. Beaverton Porsche, Oregon. Good experience on my recent first 911. Ask for Luke.

Quick Reply: Any Dealer recommendations in Western WA?