SF Bay Area - Paint Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 09:01 PM
EvanG
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF Bay Area - Paint Protection

Hi all
First time poster, long time reader. Having some dealer and paint protection issues. My 992 S arrived in July - bought it from a Bay Area dealer I have known for years. Previously bought my Cayenne from them and have used their service department for a decade plus on multiple cars. Opted to have the dealer apply paint protection -- at what I thought was a premium ~$4500 for half the car (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and door handle cups). Their third party vendor has now done it twice - I asked them to redo it since the quality was bad and unfortunately issues not resolved the second go around. They are now negotiating with another company (Barsotti's) to redo it but it has taken months to resolve and its just not done. At this point I am pretty frustrated. I want to have a trusted vendor do it and ask the dealer to give me a refund.

So, the question is -- has anyone used a paint protection vendor in the SF Bay Area and San Francisco with great success? Reading a lot of yelp reviews. I have used California Detailing to detail my car and I trusted the team there. They gave me a much better estimate and I plan to have them ceramic the car as well. Has anyone ever used them for paint protection? Anyone else that folks have had great success with? Prefer San Francisco if possible.

Thank you!
Evan
Old 10-18-2020, 10:58 PM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 164 Posts

Premier is the best... No comparison.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:02 AM
Yvette362
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kartoyz in San Jose
Old 10-19-2020, 10:04 AM
Esoteric_Detail
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 174 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by EvanG
Hi all
First time poster, long time reader. Having some dealer and paint protection issues. My 992 S arrived in July - bought it from a Bay Area dealer I have known for years. Previously bought my Cayenne from them and have used their service department for a decade plus on multiple cars. Opted to have the dealer apply paint protection -- at what I thought was a premium ~$4500 for half the car (bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and door handle cups). Their third party vendor has now done it twice - I asked them to redo it since the quality was bad and unfortunately issues not resolved the second go around. They are now negotiating with another company (Barsotti's) to redo it but it has taken months to resolve and its just not done. At this point I am pretty frustrated. I want to have a trusted vendor do it and ask the dealer to give me a refund.

So, the question is -- has anyone used a paint protection vendor in the SF Bay Area and San Francisco with great success? Reading a lot of yelp reviews. I have used California Detailing to detail my car and I trusted the team there. They gave me a much better estimate and I plan to have them ceramic the car as well. Has anyone ever used them for paint protection? Anyone else that folks have had great success with? Prefer San Francisco if possible.

Thank you!
Evan
Reach out to Myko Designs. These guys are THE best in Northern California.
HRE Wheels . Vossen Wheels . BBS Wheels . Akrapovic Exhaust . Fabspeed Exhaust . KW Suspension

9801 Karmar Ct. New Albany, Ohio 43054
(614) 855-6855
Contact@EsotericDetail.com
EsotericDetail.com
EsotericCarCare.com
ESOTERIC on YouTube
Old 10-20-2020, 12:13 AM
no2pdk
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Ask for Jason @ Carzwerk in Fremont.

http://www.carzwerk.com/
Old 10-20-2020, 05:32 PM
david.gt3
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve used almost all the above listed shops and I’ve found that Protective Film Solutions in Redwood City is pretty much the best one around in my opinion. I’ve sent numerous friends and business associates here at Apple to them as well, all with the same results. Reach out to Albert, he’s the manager at that location - 415-319-4442 or email Albert@protectivefilmsolutions.com. They also have their main shop in Orange County and the original shop over in Scottsdale Arizona. I feel safe knowing that they’ve been around for 20 years with multiple locations means they’re probably not going away anytime soon. Just my 2 cents....
Old 10-21-2020, 03:19 PM
p010sp0rt8
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

i've used both OCDetailing and Alex at Deep Reflections and have been happy with the work at both. I now choose to use Alex since they're closer to me distance wise and am having the rest of my 911 wrapped by him. i'll post some images when i get it back this weekend.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area - Paint Protection