Notices

Great PPI in Tempe, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 02:58 PM
heavysixer22
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 69 Posts
Thumbs up Great PPI in Tempe, AZ

I live in NJ, but just bought a 997.1 C2S in Tempe.

Before I did, I got a PPI at McIlvain Motors and Scott and his team did an excellent job. I highly recommend them.

Not only were they thorough (including scoping the cylinders and cutting the oil filter), they took video and pictures of everything and then Scott got on the phone with me and we went through each bit one at a time. Each area of the car, each nick on the paint, each screen from the very deep diagnostic they ran, including over revs and the performance of the intermediate shaft (an indicator of IMS bearing health). These guys know Porsches down to the .1 and .2's and all the little things to look out for.

Scott even drove the car for the day and reported back on the strength of the engine, the status of the suspension and engine mounts, and even if the heated seats and interior lights work.

In the end, I had a very clear idea of the condition of the car and could purchase with complete confidence, which I did.

But it didn't stop there. I asked Scott to replace the water pump and do a couple of other little jobs to basically complete the 60k maintenance on the car so it was all set when I received it. They did it all and their prices were very fair.

AND THEN they kept the car garaged for me for 11 days while the seller struggled to arrange transport (another story). They even removed a decal the selling dealer had left on the car.

All told, total class, very communicative, easy to work with, and generally great guys.

I cannot recommend them highly enough for Porsche repairs or PPI work.
The following users liked this post:
koister2001 (06-23-2020)
Old 06-20-2020, 03:04 PM
heavysixer22
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 69 Posts

Forgot to add that they weren't sales-y, either.

I asked what I should do maintenance-wise on the car to ensure it was up to date, and their recommendations were very practical, balancing expertise, doing the right thing for the vehicle, and being realistic in a way that I found to be very reassuring and trustworthy.

If I lived local, these would be my guys.

Quick Reply: Great PPI in Tempe, AZ