Notices

Where to buy a helmet in the Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 02:58 AM
Omm
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to buy a helmet in the Bay Area?

I've got my first DE coming in the beginning of September and need a helmet. Can anyone recommend where to go that has a selection that I can try on a few? I'm interested in a full face, maybe like a G-Force Revo or similar. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:09 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 182 Likes on 97 Posts

I usually head up to wine country motor sports at the Sonoma track for my helmet needs. They have a nice selection on hand and can help you with proper fitting.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 108 Posts

I have a Conquer open face helmet, model OF-S6, SA2015, size medium, white, that I used twice to try autocrossing that I'm about to put up for sale. It was teched for 2018. $100

Oops, just noted you want a full face helmet. I did DEs for about 15 years. I preferred the open face for ventilation.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:39 AM
wgallaher
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cajerseyboy
I usually head up to wine country motor sports at the Sonoma track for my helmet needs. They have a nice selection on hand and can help you with proper fitting.
I would second this, Wine Country Motor Sports has been helping me source my racing gear for a long time before I moved to NASCAR land. They have multiple brands of helmets and if you have never bought or been fitted before they will be sure to help you out.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:10 PM
BRracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

This is BRracing....we are located in Los Gatos, very near you, and are an outlet for Wine Country Motorsports.
We have vast experience in both track days and racing (see our website / FaceBook page / Instagram if you are not familar with our background and experience), and we have several sample helmets to allow us to validate type and sizing.
We can then usually get any helmet within 2-3 days.

Let us know how we can help.

You can also call us at 408-356-1515 or email us at brracing@gmail.com

Bruce
BRracing
Old 07-23-2019, 11:34 PM
iphilips
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

+1 for Wine Country - if they don't have it they can order it and and drop ship to you - same prices as online and they do offer discounts for various club members.
Old 07-24-2019, 05:25 PM
Omm
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all of the help on this. I'm going to visit BR and see what they can do, then Wine Country if I have to.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a helmet in the Bay Area?