Notices

Western WA Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 07:23 PM
neil.yoshi
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Western WA Dealers

Id like to develop a relationship with a local dealer. Is there any consensus about Bellingham vs Tacoma for new cars? Bellevue is out as I don't want to deal with Autonation.

Last edited by neil.yoshi; 02-26-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:52 PM
RTdeeOC
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts
Default re: Western WA dealers

If you are willing to drive a bit further you might check out the dealer in Beaverton. They are one of the biggest dealerships on the West Coast but still family owned. I bought from them and it was a great experience from start to finish.
The following users liked this post:
scanderson76 (04-12-2021)
Old 02-28-2019, 03:03 AM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't know about consensus but I've had great support and service for new cars from Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham -- I'd recommend them without reservation. My experiences in the past with Larson group in Tacoma convinces me that the occasional hike to Bellingham is well worth it...even from Olympia!
Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 AM
sculler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Porsche Beaverton - purchased my Macan S there after getting the run around in Bellevue, and I live north of Seattle.
The following users liked this post:
scanderson76 (04-12-2021)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:40 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

My 1st choice would be Roger Jobs, he is a longtime Porsche dealer, enthusiast and truly strives to take care of his customers. 2nd choice would be Porsche of Beaverton (formerly Sunset). Just be aware if you are buying new there are some pros and cons of buying out of state. For example Lemon Law covererage is much stronger if bought in State. On the flip side if you buy out of state the sales tax rate is your home address, if bought in state you pay the rate at the dealers zip code. So look at you local rate to see which is more favorable, it seems minor but from highest to lowest zip code in WA IS 3% so on a new Porsche is several thousand $$!
Old 03-16-2019, 08:46 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 346 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by boxer-11
I don't know about consensus but I've had great support and service for new cars from Roger Jobs Porsche in Bellingham -- I'd recommend them without reservation. My experiences in the past with Larson group in Tacoma convinces me that the occasional hike to Bellingham is well worth it...even from Olympia!
Originally Posted by nathan1
My 1st choice would be Roger Jobs, he is a longtime Porsche dealer, enthusiast and truly strives to take care of his customers. 2nd choice would be Porsche of Beaverton (formerly Sunset). Just be aware if you are buying new there are some pros and cons of buying out of state. For example Lemon Law covererage is much stronger if bought in State. On the flip side if you buy out of state the sales tax rate is your home address, if bought in state you pay the rate at the dealers zip code. So look at you local rate to see which is more favorable, it seems minor but from highest to lowest zip code in WA IS 3% so on a new Porsche is several thousand $$!
+1000
Bellingham is top notch, will never buy another Porsche from anyone else. Nick Leader is a great SA.
Old 04-12-2021, 01:35 PM
JBSea
Instructor

Received 108 Likes on 52 Posts

Good morning guys,

Wanted to see if this info is still up to date? Sounds like Bellingham and Beaverton are the way to go. Is that still true?

Thank you!
Old 04-12-2021, 09:58 PM
Tonydec
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1
On the flip side if you buy out of state the sales tax rate is your home address, if bought in state you pay the rate at the dealers zip code. So look at you local rate to see which is more favorable, it seems minor but from highest to lowest zip code in WA IS 3% so on a new Porsche is several thousand $$!
I have purchased several vehicles over the years, and have gotten checks back from the dealer if my local tax was less than theirs upon registering the vehicle. Then again, the rules may have changed as the state decides to collect whichever is the higher!

Quick Reply: Western WA Dealers