Notices

Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 04:43 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching

My friends and I rent a warehouse to store and work on our cars. We're rearranging and we have room for 3-4 more cars.

It's a warehouse with 24hr access, working on your car is 100% OK (that's what most of us do), we have security cameras, a lift and some shop equipment (engine hoist, jacks, etc).

The most important thing is to get like-minded individuals that get along with everyone else so I thought Rennlist would be a better place to start than Craigslist. If you're looking for a space like this in the peninsula, please send me a PM.

Spots will range from $300-400 depending on how far in the back corner, or close to the front you want to be.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:09 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
My friends and I rent a warehouse to store and work on our cars. We're rearranging and we have room for 3-4 more cars.

It's a warehouse with 24hr access, working on your car is 100% OK (that's what most of us do), we have security cameras, a lift and some shop equipment (engine hoist, jacks, etc).

The most important thing is to get like-minded individuals that get along with everyone else so I thought Rennlist would be a better place to start than Craigslist. If you're looking for a space like this in the peninsula, please send me a PM.

Spots will range from $300-400 depending on how far in the back corner, or close to the front you want to be.
What city?
Old 12-16-2018, 11:36 PM
Aparsh
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jnolan

What city?
bump, what city
Old 12-17-2018, 11:57 AM
Edylim
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Where’s location of your warehouse? I’m in San Mateo area.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Many years ago, three of us "friends" checked into sharing space for our cars/tinkering. Never followed thru as one had no interest in maintaining an acceptable environment agreeable to all. (e.g. Bad Housekeeping for one.....). Not to rain on your idea but just a "heads up". Good Luck!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:08 PM
jnolan
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
Many years ago, three of us "friends" checked into sharing space for our cars/tinkering. Never followed thru as one had no interest in maintaining an acceptable environment agreeable to all. (e.g. Bad Housekeeping for one.....). Not to rain on your idea but just a "heads up". Good Luck!
Good comments. I think the worst thing to do is rent a warehouse space with friends where it turns into a hangout spot. I just need a space to store my cars (I’m actually okay at my current location but if I had one more spot I wouldn’t have to juggle cars around trying to get one out). My priorities are 1) location, 2) security (unassuming building, no signage, and limited in/out foot traffic) and 24 hour access, 3) power for battery tender and 4) cost. I really don’t want a space to work on a car, that is something I do in the shop at my home. I think of this more as a landlord/tenant relationship than a “get a warehouse together” thing.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:19 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes, the hardest part is finding good apples to share with. Our group is 8 people and amazingly (and gratefully) we all get along, so our #1 priority is vetting.

I don't mean to be rude but I did ask that inquiries come in PMs. PMs have been responded to and the spots are filled. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching