Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching

Old 12-02-2018, 05:43 PM
FRporscheman
Captain Planet
Rennlist Member

Default Have spare workshop space, looking to rent out spots for storage/wrenching

My friends and I rent a warehouse to store and work on our cars. We're rearranging and we have room for 3-4 more cars.

It's a warehouse with 24hr access, working on your car is 100% OK (that's what most of us do), we have security cameras, a lift and some shop equipment (engine hoist, jacks, etc).

The most important thing is to get like-minded individuals that get along with everyone else so I thought Rennlist would be a better place to start than Craigslist. If you're looking for a space like this in the peninsula, please send me a PM.

Spots will range from $300-400 depending on how far in the back corner, or close to the front you want to be.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:09 PM
jnolan
User

Originally Posted by FRporscheman View Post
My friends and I rent a warehouse to store and work on our cars. We're rearranging and we have room for 3-4 more cars.

It's a warehouse with 24hr access, working on your car is 100% OK (that's what most of us do), we have security cameras, a lift and some shop equipment (engine hoist, jacks, etc).

The most important thing is to get like-minded individuals that get along with everyone else so I thought Rennlist would be a better place to start than Craigslist. If you're looking for a space like this in the peninsula, please send me a PM.

Spots will range from $300-400 depending on how far in the back corner, or close to the front you want to be.
What city?
Old 12-17-2018, 12:36 AM
Aparsh
User

Originally Posted by jnolan View Post

What city?
bump, what city
Old 12-17-2018, 12:57 PM
Edylim
New User

Hi! Where’s location of your warehouse? I’m in San Mateo area.
Old 12-17-2018, 03:25 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Many years ago, three of us "friends" checked into sharing space for our cars/tinkering. Never followed thru as one had no interest in maintaining an acceptable environment agreeable to all. (e.g. Bad Housekeeping for one.....). Not to rain on your idea but just a "heads up". Good Luck!
Old 12-17-2018, 04:08 PM
jnolan
User

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay View Post
Many years ago, three of us "friends" checked into sharing space for our cars/tinkering. Never followed thru as one had no interest in maintaining an acceptable environment agreeable to all. (e.g. Bad Housekeeping for one.....). Not to rain on your idea but just a "heads up". Good Luck!
Good comments. I think the worst thing to do is rent a warehouse space with friends where it turns into a hangout spot. I just need a space to store my cars (I’m actually okay at my current location but if I had one more spot I wouldn’t have to juggle cars around trying to get one out). My priorities are 1) location, 2) security (unassuming building, no signage, and limited in/out foot traffic) and 24 hour access, 3) power for battery tender and 4) cost. I really don’t want a space to work on a car, that is something I do in the shop at my home. I think of this more as a landlord/tenant relationship than a “get a warehouse together” thing.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:19 AM
FRporscheman
Captain Planet
Rennlist Member

Yes, the hardest part is finding good apples to share with. Our group is 8 people and amazingly (and gratefully) we all get along, so our #1 priority is vetting.

I don't mean to be rude but I did ask that inquiries come in PMs. PMs have been responded to and the spots are filled. Thanks everyone!

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: