Need mechanic recommendation for PPI in/near Kalispell, MT

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 03:09 PM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Need mechanic recommendation for PPI in/near Kalispell, MT

Hello all!

First post and I'm currently shopping for my first P-car! I might have found something, but it's located in Kalispell, Montana and the nearest Porsche dealer is several hours away. Can anyone recommend someone they'd trust to have a PPI done nearby? Thanks!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:41 AM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

An update in case anyone has the same question in the future:

It seems the go-to shop in the area to take care of P-cars is Celtic Motors, but they don't do PPIs out of liability concerns (they've been burned in the past when they did a PPI and the buyer came back a few weeks later saying "here is X issue that you missed and I wouldn't have bought the car if you had caught it, so now you're responsible for fixing it").

I had my PPI done at Loren's Auto Repair (1309 U.S. Hwy 2 W, Kalispell, MT 59901) and they seem to have done an excellent job despite not specializing in P-cars. I can't say that with absolute certainty until I have the car long enough to see if anything comes up, of course, but I felt confident enough after working with them (and asking questions at Celtic since they were the ones doing most of the maintenance on this particular car the last few years) that I ended up buying the car!
Old 12-13-2018, 10:48 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingShawn
...I ended up buying the car!
Pics or it didn’t happen
Old 12-13-2018, 11:09 AM
FlyingShawn
Instructor

Originally Posted by wjk_glynn
Pics or it didn’t happen
Fair enough, not that I needed a lot of encouragement. It's still being shipped back to PA, so I'm anxiously waiting for it to arrive in the next few days, but here are a few I took while I was in Kalispell. I was especially excited to find one with a hardtop since it'll be a year-round DD for me!

Quick Reply: Need mechanic recommendation for PPI in/near Kalispell, MT