Notices

Los Angeles/Ventura County Renn'rs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Aku700
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Los Angeles/Ventura County Renn'rs?

Ok, so I have had my 2015 MT 991 GTS for 7 months now and its been amazing time, drove about 7K miles already, so not bad, but sadly, none of my friends have Porsche/Sports Cars, interested in canyons runs, doing track days, Porsche events, etc, so looking to get a small group started and/or join an active group. Early morning runs and breakfast are always great. I plan to do about 3-5 track events per year, maybe more, all depends I guess.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:05 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

theres more porsche guys here in LA than anywhere else in the world.

join the local pca and goto car events like the dozen cars n coffee's every month or events at peterson or autoconduct events

https://www.autoconduct.com/past-events/
Old 07-03-2018, 11:32 AM
cjcam930
Rennlist Member

Received 208 Likes on 89 Posts

Hey there, we are pretty near one another. I also suggest POC (Porsche Owners Club) if you want to do track driving at any level. I have been benched for a while (long story) but am aiming to do Fontana and Chuckwalla later this fall/winter. Definitely PCA SBR and LA are good resources too, though focus on more of the "wine and cheese" type events.

These days I am very hesitant about canyon fun runs and such, carrying significant speed on the streets, due to the sketchy road conditions, law enforcement crackdowns, and swarms of motorcycles and bicycles on the weekends around here. Early mornings on weekdays are somewhat less stressful.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:17 PM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

^ Another plug for the POC. I've been doing 10+ events with them for WELL over a decade. They have a Short Track series (I think that's the name) at the Streets of Willow, which is a great place to play with a street car at moderate speeds in a safe environment. They have instructors, track talk, and the people that run the organization are really knowledgable and helpful. PCA track days are great too, but POC seems to have a well crafted program that will get you from cruising some laps in your daily driver, to wheel to wheel racing in a fully prepared race car. In between are Classes, Time Trials, practice sessions, Rookie races, etc. A great program that you can climb to any point and stay at any point along the way for as long as you like.

Quick Reply: Los Angeles/Ventura County Renn'rs?