Notices

Could use a hand in Palo Alto

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 08:39 PM
osunick
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Could use a hand in Palo Alto

I'm in a situation of my own doing- I want to replace the hanger for the center muffler (the bit the straps hang on that is bolted to the chassis) and I've removed the rear bumper, removed the hanger straps, and removed the band clamps from the sides of the center muffler. Nothing budges. My assumption is that I'll have to remove the cats, but I don't have the right wrenches and it occurs to me that someone with experience would be super helpful here. I need help removing the center muffler and reinstalling it. That's it. Reward will be fun conversation with a fellow porsche fan, $200, and/or a nice bottle of scotch. PM me if you're up for helping and have experience with this sort of thing. Thanks!

Old 05-03-2018, 02:37 AM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

PM'ed you
Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 AM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Im better at taking the 997 apart and not knowing how to get it back together. But happy to drink your scotch :-)

Let me know what day you guys are thinking and I will see if I can get down there.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:51 AM
osunick
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 60 Posts

Actually, it's more complex than just removing the muffler, as I discovered that the top bolt is 65mm long and won't just clear the gap. I have to take the car to Modderman for an unrelated issue and I'll ask them if they can do it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Could use a hand in Palo Alto