Porsche Indy Recommendation in AZ - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Porsche Indy Recommendation in AZ

 
Old 04-04-2018, 03:31 AM
  #1  
vtgt
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 434
Default Porsche Indy Recommendation in AZ

i need to take my 957 cayenne gts in for some service soon. Likely needs an oil change, a fuel pump and the front headlight is out. What shops do you recommend in greater Phoenix or Scottsdale areas? I remember calling becks a few months ago for an oil change and they wanted like $200, so I didnít think pricing was incredibly reasonable there. Iím also not opposed to any friendly mechanics looking for side work, Iíve met some of my best friends that way.

i stumbled upon autobahn Motorworks which is a tiny small shop with no frills but received great service on my Audi, but not sure they are up to speed on any cayenne intricacies or common issues.
vtgt is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 05:02 PM
  #2  
vtgt
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 434
Default

Any suggestions?
vtgt is offline  
Old 05-05-2018, 09:43 PM
  #3  
vtgt
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 434
Default

I ended up going to Mcilvain Motors and was extremely impressed with my experience. They troubleshooted my issues quickly and fairly.

Small but knowledgeable shop, but they did just expand-to the area next door. The shop was filled with caymans, 911s of today and yesterday, as well as a Panamera getting a suspension fix.

I am so happy I stumbled upon them. This will be my go to shop for regular maint and repairs going fwd. I am surprised I didnít see any references on rennlist, as they are pretty highly rated on yelp and other sites as well. I donít always trust that, but after my experience I know those good reviews are genuine.

http://www.mcilvainmotors.com/
vtgt is offline  
Old 07-01-2018, 07:11 PM
  #4  
brur
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 58
Default

you in Phoenix?
brur is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 08:48 PM
  #5  
Haliax
User
 
Haliax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Valley of the Sun
Posts: 185
Default

Originally Posted by vtgt View Post
I ended up going to Mcilvain Motors and was extremely impressed with my experience. They troubleshooted my issues quickly and fairly.

Small but knowledgeable shop, but they did just expand-to the area next door. The shop was filled with caymans, 911s of today and yesterday, as well as a Panamera getting a suspension fix.

I am so happy I stumbled upon them. This will be my go to shop for regular maint and repairs going fwd. I am surprised I didnít see any references on rennlist, as they are pretty highly rated on yelp and other sites as well. I donít always trust that, but after my experience I know those good reviews are genuine.

http://www.mcilvainmotors.com/
Thanks for this info! I just bought a new Carrera T and had also heard about Beck's, but this shop looks perfect.

Haliax is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:48 PM
  #6  
vtgt
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by brur View Post
you in Phoenix?
yup Iím in Phoenix.
vtgt is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:26 PM
  #7  
Mike Billings
User
 
Mike Billings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 91
Default

Don Jackson Enterprises is a family owned business that devoted their lives to servicing Porsches.

https://donjacksonent.com/

Nothing but Porsches every time I visit.
Mike Billings is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 04:16 PM
  #8  
doublecabmel
User
 
doublecabmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,040
Default

Beck's been around for ages. Good work from what I remember in the 90s
doublecabmel is offline  
Old 11-20-2018, 12:50 PM
  #9  
vtgt
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 434
Default

Originally Posted by Mike Billings View Post
Don Jackson Enterprises is a family owned business that devoted their lives to servicing Porsches.

https://donjacksonent.com/

Nothing but Porsches every time I visit.
good to know there are options!
vtgt is offline  
Old 11-26-2018, 02:41 PM
  #10  
Sergolio
User
 
Sergolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23
Default

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but Stuttgart Southwest is a great shop, and Jack is a pleasure to work with. Very fair.
Sergolio is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 02:04 PM
  #11  
Dkk16
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Dkk16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 164
Default

I am looking for an Indy for maintenance. I will look into the above recommendations.

When I was looking for 911's this fall I stopped by iAutohaus in Tempe. I met the owner & toured their shop. Very impressive.
Dkk16 is offline  
Old 12-12-2018, 06:01 PM
  #12  
diesel3147
User
 
diesel3147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 19
Default

+1 for iAutohaus, Josh is the man!!
diesel3147 is offline  
Old 12-23-2018, 10:40 AM
  #13  
Xtian
New User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Default

Originally Posted by diesel3147 View Post
+1 for iAutohaus, Josh is the man!!
Another vote for Iautohaus. They are european cars goto in Tempe
Xtian is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 11:01 PM
  #14  
911.Forever
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911.Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Bay Area & Scottsdale
Posts: 189
Default

Originally Posted by Sergolio View Post
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned but Stuttgart Southwest is a great shop, and Jack is a pleasure to work with. Very fair.
+1 I've taken my AZ P-cars to Jack for more than a dozen years. He's fair and knows Porsche's inside out.
911.Forever is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche Indy Recommendation in AZ


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: