Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

'03 996 sunroof coupe, 57k

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:46 PM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default '03 996 sunroof coupe, 57k

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 57000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AA29903S622041
Price (no $ sign please): $27250
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

The time has come for me to offer her up for adaption to a good RL home. I picked her up in the Summer of 2005, when she was sitting on the showroom floor, at Herb Chambers, in Boston, with 2351 miles on her. I have the original bill of sale and a three ring binder with all the service and maintenance records since I have owned her. She has never been driven in the snow and hibernates in the garage on a trickle charger, all Winter.

Yes, she has seen the NE tracks, BUT that means she has received frequent, regular check-ups and extensive maintenance. The RMS was replaced and since then has never leaked. I was an early adopter of the LN Engineering IMS replacement (29,336 on the clock). Major tune-up and extensive maintenance (41,579 on her by Speedsport in CT, 11/21/13). This service included a complete tune-up, full fluid changes, gear oil, oil change, new coils, new plugs, new water pump, Motorsport AOS, new clutch and flywheel and a new hi flow cat Brombacher FVD x-pipe. The FVD + the Fister D mod and she has no drone and an absolutely glorious song when you get on her! She also has stainless steel brakes lines and Numeric shifter cables and a short shift kit, RS motor mounts and an oil pan extension and X51 baffle. She has has frequent oils changes (Mobil 1 or Total, only).

She has run flawlessly and never missed a beat, except this Fall. In late September she threw her first intermittent check engine code, multiple cylinder misfires, with no power above 5k. She got new plugs and coils. No luck. Next, Speedsport installed a new left side cam actuator (due to left bank cylinder misfires). She had her timing checked and adjusted. Still no luck. Turns out one of the cat internals had split, turned sideways and blocked exhaust flow. So, she went into surgery and got a brand new Brombacher FVD hi flow cats with X-pipe (October '16). On November 4-5 she went to Limerock for a shakedown run and ran like a champ! Didn't miss a beat! Earlier this Fall she had new giro discs, front and rear installed.

In late November I had her returned to stock in order to get her ready for adoption. The coilovers were removed, stock shocks re-installed (she keeps the GT3 swaybars) and had a complete stock alignment. I am offering her with Victor Innsbruck (blk) 8" front and 11" rears. She is shod with Michelin Supersports, the rears are brand new. No rubbing, the fenders were rolled when the coilovers were installed.

As you can see, this car has been lovingly cared for and no deferred maintenance. She has been bulletproof for the past 11 years. I have addressed all known issues and done preventative maintenance. I don't think she needs anything.

The overall condition of the car is great, but not mint. I am OCD about keeping her washed and waxed. She shines as a black car should, but there are a few minor scratches and one small ding in the left rear quarter in front of the tail light. She has a clear bra, installed when I bought her, it is showing its age but it continues to do its job. She has never been hit or in an accident that I know of. The interior is in great shape, aluminum rings around the gauges, aluminum center console. There are 2 scratches on the driver's door handle. Carpet is in great shape. She has ABS and no other "nannies."

For me, it is time to move on to something newer. I encourage anyone to have a PPI done and I will facilitate getting her to the location of the prospective adoptive parent's choice, provided it is close and there is no snow on the roads. All records come with her signed adoption papers, including a clean NY title.

Asking $27,250.00 obo. Thankx for looking.

R/
Scott
Attached Images        

Last edited by SWK6Cup; 11-27-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-27-2016, 07:53 PM
p944s1987
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great write up Scott! Good luck with the process. Mike
Old 11-28-2016, 08:50 AM
SWK6Cup

thank you!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:43 PM
Sneaky Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

To all.....Scott is a stand up guy with a great car offered to a good home! Good luck with the sale Scott.

PS.....so ah..what's next?
Old 11-29-2016, 04:16 AM
philooo
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I am selling a similar car and I have to say Scott's car is a really nice setup, similar to mine but he even got the engine goodies in there, motorsport aos, its, rms, clutch.. Brombacher FVD $$$. This car got it all. And pricing is right there. Good luck with the sale, this one should go at asking price. As others have mentioned BaT may be a good bet for you, really nicely sorted car. And in my experience, tracked car (no racing) actually hold up better in the long run.
I hope it stays on Rennlist, this is the nicest setup I have seen in a while.. just missing the aerokit for street cred
Old 11-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Just shared your info with someone looking to buy his first Porsche on a $30k budget. Your car looks like a nice one!
Old 11-29-2016, 08:41 AM
SWK6Cup

Thankx guys! I appreciate it!
I am glad that the love (and $$$) I showed her has come through in my write up. I sincerely appreciate your kind words. Someone, (RL'er?) will get a well loved car, that shouldn't need a thing.
Happy holidays to all.

P.S. Pete: if the stars align and the printing press in the basement can keep up, I am shooting for a GT car......the time has come to hang with the big dawgs out there and fewer point bys........
Old 11-29-2016, 08:42 AM
SWK6Cup

Mark- Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.
Old 11-29-2016, 10:34 AM
KenW
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Sensational Car, True Gentleman Owner offering it for sale.
I had the pleasure of being a captive audience on board at Le Circuit several times this past summer, that's how I know! I can't wrap my head around that price for this car, if you're shopping for a great Porsche, you better hustle. This is a true bargain.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Hardback
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Agree with Phil and Pete, this car was properly exercised and maintained, they way it should be. Good luck Scott, I see a GT3 in your future
Old 11-30-2016, 07:18 PM
SWK6Cup

Carey:

Fingers crossed..........
Old 12-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Bump for a great car and a great Rennlister. If you buy this car you will know why so many people have taken the time to endorse Scott.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:01 PM
SWK6Cup

^Thank you!
Wheels are boxed, leave NY tomorrow! Happy Holidays!
Old 12-04-2016, 10:07 AM
SWK6Cup

weekend bump
Old 12-04-2016, 03:15 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts

Very nice example, well cared for and it shows!

May I ask - WHAT's NEXT???

Quick Reply: '03 996 sunroof coupe, 57k