Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Gorgeous, Sorted 2000 911 Cabriolet (Black & Tan)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 06:40 PM
jaetee
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Gorgeous, Sorted 2000 911 Cabriolet (Black & Tan)

Year: 2000
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 97000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows
Color: Black
VIN: WP0CA2995YS654290
Price (no $ sign please): $25000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Car is located in Tarpon Springs, Florida. About 20 miles northwest of Tampa. I bought it in July to take on as a project and it's been a very fun experience. I've had the items below addressed (mostly preventative maintenance) work performed to put this car into perfect daily driver condition:

Issues I had to address when I bought the car:
  • New Clutch (Sachs kit installed)
  • Replaced Variocam chain tensioner pads and gaskets
  • New Immobilizer and new remote key
  • Replaced all window regulators
  • New ignition switch
  • New front bulbs
  • New leather seat covers (by L-seat, professionally installed)
  • New alternator

Preventative Maintenance:
  • IMSB - Vertex Eternal IMSB w/DOF (Old dual row was fine, included)
  • New Rear Main Seal
  • 160 degree thermostat
  • New water pump
  • New Air Oil Separator
  • New spark plugs
  • Magnetic drain plug
  • Changed oil to Joe Gibbs DT-40 oil with last oil change

See bottom of pics for Blackstone UOA results.

The tires on car are OEM grade Continental ProContacts with approximately 75% tread remaining, sized 265/35/18 rear and 225/40/18 front.

The soft top works great and is very good condition, with clear large double stitched plastic window. Hard top is also included.

There are two keys that will both lock and start the car, but only one of those keys works as a fully compatible remote. The other could not be fully programmed by dealer and serves as backup.

I have over $10k in recent receipts for the car, as well as the original window sticker, tool kit, owners manual and spare tire. Original window sticker shows the car optioned out to $84K. I received only one maintenance receipt when I bought the car, so my goal was to put the car right and re-establish service history. All receipts and info I have will be included.

The stereo was replaced by previous owner with a modern Sony CD unit which plays regular CDs, MP3 CDs, USB sticks, bluetooth-smartphone, Pandora USB and 1/8" Aux jack. The color scheme of the CD player is customizable and I have it set to match the amber dash lights. It's a pretty cool unit that significantly modernizes the car's feature set. SiriusXM receiver has also been installed and works great.

The car idles, runs and stops like a dream. All of the hydraulics and electronics work as they should. It shifts great and is very fun to drive. I wouldn't hesitate to get into the car and drive it to Alaska tomorrow. I did not update the brakes, would probably do that next.

For a 16 1/2 year old car the paint is in very good condition. It has some noticeable road damage on the front of the hood and front bumper when you get up close, as you should expect to see. The car gets appraising looks and thumbs up all the time.

This is my first convertible and as much as I enjoy driving it, I've also come to the realization that I'm not really a convertible guy. I'd rather have more of a track car with a sunroof. Plus, my son was with me on other test drives and after I got this car home and he got to ride in it for the first time, he said the back seats in the others (coupes) were more comfortable because they are not as straight up and down. And finally,we have lots of wild turkeys in our neighborhood who will violently attack their reflections in black cars! I didn't think this would bother me as much as it does, but it creates an inconvenient parking issue for us sometimes as one of our other cars is also black. All combined, I realize my overall p-car ownership experience would be more fun for the entire household with a different color and non-cabrio car... So, this one is up for sale now and I'll take on my next 911 project that much wiser.

(front license plate and kid not included)

Leakdown test performed in August

Attached Images           

Last edited by jaetee; 12-07-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: details...

Quick Reply: Gorgeous, Sorted 2000 911 Cabriolet (Black & Tan)