Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1993 Targa Carerra 4 - 60k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM
JD3
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1993 Targa Carerra 4 - 60k miles

Year: 1993
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 60000
Color: Amazon Green
Price (no $ sign please): $50000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Hi folks, I am selling my Amazon Green 1993 964 C4 Targa 5 speed. I bought this car over the spring because the deal was too good to pass up and I am at an impasse on whether to sell it or start to lightly modify. The problem is that the car is an extremely good condition and I don't think it's the smartest thing to start modifying it as I think it's a pretty rare example with the mileage and high quality paint. That's only a problem because I can't stand to not modify something, LOL. At this point all I have done is have a Momo Mod07 steering wheel installed by Auto Assetts (I have the factory one with airbag). Other than that it's all factory and all original. No accidents, no paint work besides one small chip on the back fender that's been touched up but it's hardly noticeable and the interior is in very good condition although the seats do have some patina.
I know Targas are polarizing, some people love them some people don't, but I found it to be a really neat car. Again, it's too nice to take to the track in my opinion so it makes a great nice weather driver, at least that's how I've used it, and being topless without being a Cabrio is the best of both worlds. It always gets compliments and thumbs up as you can imagine and people love the color. If you're not familiar with Amazon green, it sort of transitions between emerald green and blue. Very 1990s and in fantastic condition.
I don't know for sure but I know there were a limited amount of Targas made and most of them were C2's. This one being a C4 with low mileage would probably make it a very rare/collectible car that you can actually enjoy without worrying about racking up mileage.
Anyway, I'm not sure what the actual value would be but I'm guessing somewhere around $50,000 considering most I see online are in the 40s with much higher mileage, paint corrections, etc. I would also be interested in a trade for another 911 or something interesting like a Noble.
Issues with the car:
CD player does not work. Radio works fine, speakers have seen better days but still work for cruising around.
Struts on the frunk are worn out, you'll need to replace them or get a prop. Of course, you're not under it very often.
Steering wheel is off about 1 degree to the left. Not bothersome and I figured it would be best to adjust it next time it is aligned (though the car drives straight as an arrow now).
Oil sender unit - I've never seen oil under the car, but I got it up on a rack this morning at my mechanic's and there was some oil on the muffler/exhaust. He looked around and said his guess is the oil sender unit. It's about a $90 unit, but it would be a few hours in labor to remove muffler. Nothing major, I haven't noticed any drop in oil level.
Seats, particularly driver, shows the cracks which isn't too surprising considering the color.
Please PM me if interested and I will share dozens more photos.
Attached Images      
Old 10-06-2016, 12:00 PM
NorthVanSlowLane
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi. Where are you located?
Old 10-06-2016, 12:07 PM
JD3
Intermediate

Default Location

Originally Posted by NorthVanSlowLane
Hi. Where are you located?
Cumbus ohio. If youre interested pm me and we can talk over the phone. I had a PPI recently and would like to discuss with any potential buyer. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 05:26 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default From Wikipedia

Production figures[edit]

964 C2 Coupé 18,219
964 C2 Cabrio 11,013
964 C2 Targa 3,534
964 C2 Cabrio turbo-look 1532
964 C2 Speedster 930
964 C4 Coupé 13,353
964 C4 Cabrio 4,802
964 C4 Targa 1,329
964 C4 Jubilee Coupé 911
964 Turbo 3.3 3,660
964 Turbo 3.6 1,437
964 Carrera RS 3.6 Coupé 2,282

Porsche 964 Carrera 2 cabriolet
The 964 was considered to be 85% new as compared to its predecessor, the Carrera 3.2. The first 964s available in 1989 were all wheel drive equipped "Carrera 4" models; Porsche added the rear wheel drive Carrera 2 variant to the range in 1990. Both variants were available as a coupe, Targa or Cabriolet. The 964 Carrera was the last generation sold with the traditional removable Targa roof until the 2011 991 (993, 996, and 997 versions used instead a complex glass-roof "greenhouse" system). A new naturally aspirated engine called the M64 was used for 964 models, with a flat-6 displacement of 3.6 litres. Porsche substantially revised the suspension, replacing torsion bars with coil springs and shock absorbers.[2] Power steering and ABS brakes were added to the 911 for the first time; both were standard. The exterior bumpers and fog lamps became flush with the car for better aerodynamics. A new electric rear spoiler raised at speeds above 50 mph (80 km/h) and lowered down flush with the rear engine lid at lower speeds. A revised interior featured standard dual airbags beginning in 1990 for all North American production cars. A new automatic climate control system provided improved heating and cooling. Revised instrumentation housed a large set of warning lights that were tied into the car's central warning system, alerting the driver to a possible problem or malfunction.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Blue Herve
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the car still available ?
Old 10-12-2016, 10:07 PM
JD3
Intermediate

Default Sold

Originally Posted by Blue Herve
is the car still available ?