Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 C4 Coupe, Midnight Blue, 6-speed, perfect!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2016 | 02:29 AM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Default 1996 C4 Coupe, Midnight Blue, 6-speed, perfect!

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 73911
Color: Midnight Blue
Price (no $ sign please): $64900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1996 993 Carrera 4
Original midnight blue paint
Midnight blue / marble gray Interior
73,900 miles
6-speed manual
$64,900
Michigan

Selling my beautiful 993 coupe. This car has been my escape / passion / hobby for the last 3 years. IÂ’ve enjoyed driving it and making updates and improvements along the way. IÂ’ve attended two national Porsche parades and countless regional PCA events with the car. It has been a regular local concours winner, with only a subtle patina expected of a 70k mile car - generally only visible under showroom lights. It's maintained to an extremely high standard. ItÂ’s garaged and covered when not used. It's not a daily driver and is not driven in inclement weather or winter. The cleanliness of the undercarriage and inside surfaces of the wheels are evidence of the attention to detail.

During my ownership I added Bilstien PSS10 coil over suspension - fully corner balanced, Fister stage-2 exhaust, Walrod suspension bushings, 997 wheels (with appropriate spacers and longer studs), Michelin pilot super sport tires, OEM midnight blue floor mats, new Interstate battery, and several minor enhancements throughout. The sale will also include the original Porsche Cup 2 wheels (excellent condition), Dustop custom car cover, battery tender, and original suspension parts.

The car is outstanding both mechanically and cosmetically. The paint is original. Any minor imperfections on the nose have been professionally touched up and wet sanded flat. I could not justify a nose respray given the great condition, so I preserved it's originality. I replaced the original stone guards with new (properly thick gauge) pieces from Fister. A tedious job but the results are nearly imperceptible stone guards. I designed and made the “Porsche” stripes pictured. These are silver vinyl and easily removed. I will include a few extras I still have in black and silver, or I can remove them if you prefer.

Mechanicals are excellent. No issues with engine, transmission, or clutch. Over the course of my ownership IÂ’ve had 2 SAI codes on the OBD reader, each a year apart. After clearing them they have not reappeared and my mechanic said forget about it unless it persists. It starts perfectly every time, runs perfectly, sounds amazing and pure.

Interior is nearly perfect with only a coupe exceptions. A scuff is visible on the driver seat bottom that was present when I bought the car. There appears to be a small burn behind the rear seats (not visible with rear seat up), indicating to me the prior owner was a smoker, but to my nose there is no evidence of that. I hesitate to mention that point because I believe it mischaracterizes the condition but in the interest of full disclosure and fairness I have to state this here. The car does not smell like smoke. I noticed the door check-straps appear to be welded - I donÂ’t know if that was a factory job or something the prior owner did. Either way, no issue there.

I’m extremely particular and have spent many weekends doing small projects to make the car “perfect”. The engine bay is well detailed, as are wheel wells and suspension components. I replaced any engine compartment decals that looked worn, misc interior trim items, and generally obsessed over the condition and quality of the car until it was “just right”. It has a perfect stance and an understated look that draws compliments wherever it goes.

IÂ’m glad to take additional pictures, send higher resolution versions, make a video, etc., - whatever you need to see the condition. Glad to facilitate a pre-purchase inspection at local dealership or independent shop of your choice.

Located in Bloomfield Hills Michigan.

Greg.w.massa@gmail.com
248-885-0603
Attached Images                     

Last edited by G-MASSA; 09-06-2016 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-04-2016 | 08:04 AM
JZ98-993
Rennlist Member

Very nice example, GLWS
Old 09-04-2016 | 10:15 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Wow. Cleanest looking 993 I've seen! I have a feeling you will sell this by the end of the week.
Old 09-04-2016 | 12:15 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Lovely car!
Old 09-04-2016 | 12:21 PM
Resolute1
Advanced

Very nice! This shouldn't be here long.
Old 09-04-2016 | 01:34 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

WOW, very impressive! I've been considering a 993 and your car is stunning...
Old 09-04-2016 | 01:51 PM
Tonyr313
Instructor

Those seats look to be in great condition. Did you touch them up with leatherique dye or something similar? GLWS
Old 09-04-2016 | 04:50 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the compliments!
Yes-I did lightly touch-up the seat bolsters about two years ago. I did not do the seat bottoms or backs; I wanted to make sure the result was durable. Very pleased with the results.
Old 09-04-2016 | 05:15 PM
Tonyr313
Instructor

Very nice - which brand/method did you use on the seats? I have Grey also and need to do the same. Thanks!
Old 09-04-2016 | 09:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

This car looks to be in great condition. It will not take long to sell. What a beauty.
Old 09-05-2016 | 09:22 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Tonyr313- sent you a PM
Old 09-06-2016 | 03:38 AM
Porschophile
Track Day

Great car with great upgrades! GLWS.
Old 09-08-2016 | 07:32 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Sale pending
Old 09-13-2016 | 09:41 PM
G-MASSA
Rennlist Member

Sold!
Old 09-15-2016 | 12:36 AM
arkaid
Intermediate

Nicely done. Very nice example of a 993 you had there. I'm sure the buyer is excited!

Quick Reply: 1996 C4 Coupe, Midnight Blue, 6-speed, perfect!