Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1971 911S Coupe in Italy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM
giaz
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1971 911S Coupe in Italy

Year: 1971
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: Albert Blue
Price (no $ sign please): $157000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Europe
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

1971 Porsche 911 S Coupe
VIN # 9111300014
ENG# 6301622
Transmission 5-Speed (911/01) # 7700027
Production number 1010196
Albert Blue (1818) on Black Leatherette with Recaro Sport Seats and alloy deck and rear plate panel

Not number matching engine, but correct for the model and calendar year.
It is not known when the non-original engine was installed but certainly before 2005.

This car has recently undergone a thorough restoration from a very good, rust free example.
The car runs and drives extremely well.
Original mileage unknown (odometer reads 60877).

This long-hood 911 was sold new on 1 November 1970 at Lodigiani Porsche Dealer in Piacenza, Italy, with number plate PC 206226. The car was then sold in Rome in October 1979 and then in Viterbo in June 1993 to a Mr Volpi, who registered it in the name of his wife. In April 2003, the 911 was sold to a collector in Rome and shared garage space with a pristine 1974 2.7 Carrera and a 1989 3.2 Speedster. He sold it to me in June 2005.

Porsche Forums have been a fundamental resource in acquiring the knowledge about these cars, but also a curse, in that they created an obsession to improve every detail over the years. That was particularly difficult as most of the time I was living abroad and the car was in Italy. In the mean time I also got married and made three children. This was meant to be a keeper but I am about to move to Africa, we have embarked on a real estate project and current prices suggest a sale that I will for sure regret.

After purchase, I sent the car to Assistenza Tecnica Sportiva di Riccardo Lazzaroni & C. s.a.s.. in Bresso (Milan), who is one of the best independent Porsche mechanics in Italy. He went through the entire car and rebuilt the engine with new piston rings, new tensioners, heads rebuilt with new valves and guides; fuel injection pump rebuilt, new clutch, new gaskets and seals, new SSI stainless steel heat exchangers & new muffler, rebuilt electric cables, pedal cluster fully rebuilt and rebushed; new oil lines, new fuel lines and fuel sending unit, new plug wires, plugs, front and rear calipers rebuilt, new pads installed, new brake lines. The 5-speed 911/01 transmission was rebuilt with new synchros, bearings, disassembled, cleaned and repacked; shifter linkage with all new bushings.

The dash is original and very nice, the door pockets are very nice, the grilles, bumpers and door handles have been rechromed. The rear lights are Bosch, the front one are reproductions.

A new correct velour carpet by KHM (www.cabrio.de) was installed by Gianmaria Delfrate di DGM Restauri. I had new seat covers in the correct material (basket weave and perforated vinyl) and headliner supplied by Tony Garcia of Autobahn Interiors.

I got back to Italy from 2009 to 2012 and used the car with satisfaction but still with the urge to fix details. I was not happy with the paint so when I left Italy to work abroad again, in 2012, the car got a bare metal repaint that took forever. Now the body looks excellent from every angle with very nice gaps. The original Konis were repainted and rebuilt at Simoncini (www.simonciniammortizzatori.it) and the car got a new gas tank with the correct finish.

Porsche Center Prato Petri Corse finalized the car with extensive work. They installed new Porsche batteries, hood shocks, rebuilt the steering, changed oil, filters, plugs, retuned the injection, did the set up and made sure that everything works, including the clock. A new set of Michelin XZX are installed on the unrestored deep 6” Fuchs. The car sports beautiful non retractable Repa seatbelts at the front (NOS) and the back and correct receivers for sports seats. The windscreen is marked Sigma.

The car looks and drive fantastic. It looks like an extremely well preserved car rather than a super restored one, with the right patina and the correct details. The bright work is also in excellent condition

This Porsche comes with owner’s manual, service booklet, original key fob, certificate of authenticity, extra key, spare wheel/tire, jack, car cover, bra, and most significant records. I am still looking for the tool kit which I cannot find after several movings.

The car is visible at Porsche Center Prato Petri Corse, 15 minutes from Florence Airport and less than an hour from Pisa Airport, preferably by appointment and with previous email to me.

I am happy to answer all questions about the car, and can provide additional pictures as well, but please understand that if it is a detail I have not photographed I have to ask somebody else to take them for me as I am very far from the car. PPIs at buyer’s expense are welcome.

Cashier’s check or wire transfer will be accepted for payment. Car will be released to buyer once funds are confirmed.

Contact me by private message or e-mail first (favilli AT hotmail DOT com), so that I can keep all correspondence dated and clear, but of course I am available also by phone.

Asking price is reduced to 140,000 euro negotiable (about 157,000 USD), and I am open to reasonable offers.
Attached Images            

Last edited by giaz; 09-23-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:38 PM
giaz
3rd Gear

BUMP with price reduced to 150,000 euro (169,000 USD) and more pictures available on https://goo.gl/photos/ERS7WYua81Eq4tdu7
Old 09-23-2016, 02:28 PM
giaz
3rd Gear

BUMP with price reduced to 140,000 euro (157,000 USD).
If not sold earlier, the car will be visible at Padua Vintage Cars Fair (near Venice) on 20-23 October.
Thank you Rennlist.

Quick Reply: 1971 911S Coupe in Italy