Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1990 Porsche 928

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 05:46 PM
928 DesMoines
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 92 Posts
Default 1990 Porsche 928

Year: 1990
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 76477
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Midnight Blue
VIN: WP0JB2929LS860065
Price (no $ sign please): $17000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Note: there was no " model "category for the 928 when attempting to list my car so I had to put it in the 911 category.
Always garaged at night and stored through the winter months. In my ownership, within the last year, I had the car professionally (Porsche shop) serviced to include: vacuum fittings (under the intake) repaired, all fuel injector seals replaced, water pump, timing belt replaced, timing belt tensioner rebuilt, all belts, all coolant hoses, valve cover gaskets replaced. Additional preventative service: Transmission service including filter, gasket, fluid. Brake fluid flush including PSD service. Fresh antifreeze replaced. Had the Flex plate checked to include any necessary adjustment on the drive shaft collar. Additionally within the past year, I (personally) have replaced the hood struts, ignition module, and headlight relay. Oil changes have been routine. The paint is original, the interior is original. Both are in great shape. The interior is beautiful without any rips or tears. Leather is still soft. The dash has one small crack on the passenger side and the instrument pod leather has a few small cracks in it as well. Not very noticeable and the dash condition has not worsened in my ownership. The exterior is very clean. There are a few dings here and there, but far less than normal for a 26 year old car. The previous owner also kept up on service: He also serviced the Timing Belt and Water pump during his ownership, replaced all brake pads and rotors (zinc plated), replaced the power steering rack, Power steering reservoir/filter, replaced all shock absorbers (BOGE), replaced alternator, replaced A/C compressor, replaced CV boots, installed a muffler bypass. The cup wheels are in great shape and good tread on the tires. There is an Alpine stereo/NAV unit with a retracting screen that works great. Central locking and remote hatch doesn't work, but the key unlocks the doors and hatch just fine. I guess the one regret I have with this car is that I didn't have the intake and valve covers painted when I had the chance.
I really love this car, but (as many rennlisters know) I bought a GT recently, and can't see keeping both cars. So, unfortunately, I have to let the S4 go. It has been loved and very well taken care of. It is ready to go.
Please PM me if you are interested.
Thank you. 17k or best offer.
Attached Images              

Last edited by 928 DesMoines; 05-05-2016 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:28 PM
928 DesMoines
Rennlist Member

Note: The AC works just fine.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:33 PM
928 DesMoines
Rennlist Member

Here is a close-up of the crack in the dash. I am reducing the price to 17000. PM if interested.
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Rod Handsfield
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1990 S4

I like your car. Too bad about the dash crack. Are the wheels actual Porsche or Mille Miglia - Italy? How many miles/years on timing belt and water pump? thanks, Rod
Old 05-08-2016, 09:19 PM
Rod Handsfield
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 928 S4

You have a private message

Quick Reply: 1990 Porsche 928