Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed manual!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 03:34 PM
docfink
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Lightbulb FS: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed manual!

Year: 2010
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 24000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Arctic Silver
VIN: WP0AD2A98AS766436
Price (no $ sign please): $95000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I was fortunate to get a GT4 allocation, and as much as I'd like to keep this turbo, I don't think I should keep both cars. While I may regret the versatility and power of this car, the decision has been made. My loss is your gain.

I'm the second owner of this non-tracked manual turbo and bought it from a Porsche dealer in January 2014. It's Arctic Silver with factory-painted rockers and fascia, and has an extended leather interior done in Sea Blue with subtle, deviated silver stitching.

The car has the factory-installed SHORT SHIFT KIT for the 6-speed, which really transforms the interaction the driver has with this machine. Yes, PDK is faster on a track, and if you have a disability it's a wonderful tool, but let's face it--it's just not as fun, nor as interactive as shifting yourself. It just makes you more aware of your surroundings, and puts you in better "tune" with your car. IMHO, of course.

I have a car cover for it, a certificate of authenticity, and winter tires/rims if you want to negotiate them too.

What are the problems with the car? The painted front air dam is beat to hell--they all get this way. Porsche knows this and makes them relatively inexpensive to replace. Many dealers stock them for this and their other cars. It's well-under $1k from what I understand, and while mine is painted Arctic Silver, getting a black replacement obviously saves money.

The horn just became "high-pitched" which occurred with my 2006 C4S. It works, just sounds funny. While I had the '06's fixed, I don't know if I'll have this one fixed.

There's a fine, approximately 2 cm scratch above the right door handle showed in a pic posted here, that is recent, and caused by one of my son's opening the car door into a plastic garbage can in our garage. It's not deep and can likely be buffed out.

To the best of my knowledge, those are the only obvious issues with the car. It's needed only the regular services, which have been done by my local Porsche dealer. THE ONLY TRUE SCRATCH I'VE SEEN ON THE CAR IS POINTED AT BY MY FINGER BELOW. WHILE SOME "MARKS" ON THE PICTURES LOOK LIKE SCRATCHES, MANY ARE DUST AND/OR REFLECTIONS. I have an excellent online reputation and am not here to sully it. Examining the car and getting a PPI is what every buyer of any used car should do.

I'm no gambler, but I'd bet this car will rise in value over the next decade. There are no longer any "capital T" Turbos with manual transmissions, and if you want a contemporary Porsche with 500hp and a manual, either by this one or spend about $200k for your 2017 911R, which you (and I) probably can't get.

While I can trade it in and save the tax differential on the new car, I'd like to put it for sale here and elsewhere to give a true enthusiast a chance for this once-in-a-lifetime car. There are just not many available with this combination of features.
Attached Images                
Old 03-13-2016, 10:47 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

is this the last year for manual trans 911 turbo?
Old 03-13-2016, 11:58 PM
Houston GT3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FS: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed manual!

Incredible car. I just did a quick autotrader check. If I did not jack it up, Maybe only 6 of these available in the whole country? Talk about rare. GLWS.
Old 03-14-2016, 10:39 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

what gearbox do they have? Modified DSG, G50 (doubt it) or standard 6 speed from NA 997?
Old 03-14-2016, 07:21 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

997.2TT with MT is very rare to come by, but GT4 replacement is not a bad thing. I went through this before but can't part with my 997.1TT MT. GLWS
Old 03-15-2016, 02:34 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 585 Posts

+1 This is a very very rare car. In fact I don't think I've every seen a 2010 + in a manual transmission. To the OP, I know what you are going through. I too traded in my 08 TT cab for a smaller more nimble car and if I really was honest with myself I'd agree that I miss it as a daily driver. A TT is the ULTIMATE daily driver, not doing somethings 100% but doing everything 95%. I'm even snooping around at another .1 cabs but doubt I'll pull the trigger. GLWS. I'll watch this one!

P.s. Arctic Silver over Sea Blue? Stunning. My 06 coupe was this combo with yellow PCCBs and silver seat belts.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:56 AM
J03chu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mmm

OP,

gorgeous car, but i actually think this will be the rare(er) car than the GT4 down the road.. possibly!

but hey GT4's sounds like an awesome changeover. Best of luck to you!

*just keep both, perfect DD and weekend combo.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:20 PM
docfink
Pro

Exclamation BUMP!

I've lowered the price to $85,000. Let me know what you think.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:13 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 287 Posts

Where in NJ?
Old 05-07-2016, 09:48 AM
docfink
Pro

Originally Posted by JG 996T
Where in NJ?
I'm in Cherry Hill.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:52 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

$85K is a great deal, someone should jump on this ASAP.
Old 05-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Another one

I have seen this before many times... You will miss the juice of the Turbo (will regret selling) and purchase another one down the road, always happens. In my opinion what your doing is a huge downgrade... Just my opinion, people don't start throwing insults.. lol
Old 05-07-2016, 04:55 PM
docfink
Pro

Default No offense taken...

In all honesty, I wish I could keep both. I owe very little on the Turbo and it's an amazing car...You know, it's the "I have one kid starting college this fall, and two more to follow..." Having two Porsches seems a bit...much. It would also make it hard for me to complain about anything financial to my wife or friends!

Regarding the power difference, you might be right--I might miss the Turbo's thrust; I know I will miss its versatility. It's a f****** amazing car! How many cars like this can you take to Target and fill up with office and home essentials, pick your daughter and her two friends from dance, then hit 100mph in the blink of an eye on your local highway (not condoning such behavior, of course)

I also don't have space to garage two cars, so one Pcar would have to be outside and I just don't feel right about that.

That being said, if it doesn't sell or the trade is too low. I'll find a way to hang onto it.

df
Originally Posted by Steven954
I have seen this before many times... You will miss the juice of the Turbo (will regret selling) and purchase another one down the road, always happens. In my opinion what your doing is a huge downgrade... Just my opinion, people don't start throwing insults.. lol
Old 05-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is why you should keep the Turbo and not buy the GT4.. Your wife will actually be happier, saving some $$$

Good point, with previous comment, your Turbo is pretty rare, will appreciate in time much faster than the GT4 ever will..

Just saying..
Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 PM
gotgolf52
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

You should hang on to that turbo brother, I also agree that you downgrade from top of the line 911 to a Cayman (regardless of the GT badge, it's still a Cayman). My local dealer offered me twice for a GT4 at MSRP and I declined both time. The next GT4 prolly a turbo6 from 991.2S with more chances to tune it over 400 hp???? May be??? LOL.
I think you will miss the rocket launcher in about a year.

Quick Reply: FS: 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo 6 speed manual!