Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2005 (B6) S4 Avant, 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2016 | 12:51 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Default 2005 (B6) S4 Avant, 6MT

Year: 2005
Make: Audi
Model: S4
Mileage (numbers only please): 93500
Color: Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $15500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Speedster
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Up for sale is an extremely rare, low mileage, Silver/Silver 2005 (B6) S4 Avant with a 6-spd transmission.

According to Audi of America, there were:

• 342 MY2005 S4 AVANT 6-SPD sold in the US
• 63 MY2005 S4 AVANT 6-SPD with LIGHT SILVER METALLIC exteriors sold in the US
• 9 MY2005 S4 AVANT 6-SPD with LIGHT SILVER METALLIC exteriors and SILVER interiors sold in the US

I will be as thorough as I can in this listing, and will be more than willing to answer any and all questions anyone has with as much candidness as possible.

This is not a no stories car, and I can only speak to what I know from the CarFax report, what I have ascertained myself from owning it as well as talking to the dealer who sold me the car. The CarFax will show one accident from the first owner. From what I gathered, it appears that the passenger side REAR quarter panel was fixed/re-painted. I am only assuming this because the paint quality on that panel is typical of a repair job, and has some chips to show for (picture included). Aside from that, I do not believe any other panels were repaired or repainted. No frame damage and all of the panels on the passenger side align as they should. The other cosmetic blemish prior to my ownership (from the story I gathered from the dealer) was that the previous owner pulled into their garage with their bike on the rack above, causing the front fork of the bike to ram into the rear lip spoiler and gouge the paint (picture included).

I purchased the car with ~78K miles in August of 2013, and it has been my daily driver since. The car currently has ~93.5K miles (the engine has around ~66.5K miles), but this will go up as I continue to daily drive it. I moved from CO to AL back in February 2014 and the vehicle was loaded onto a car carrier as a part of my relocation. During the transport, the rear bumper contacted the vehicle behind it. I had the vehicle fully checked out by my local Audi dealer after the shipment arrived, the only damage was cosmetic to the rear bumper (pictures included), and I chose to not fix the cosmetics. My last story relates to the engine itself. After an extensive process, it was determined that the original engine needed to be replaced due to a few worn rings and scored cylinder walls and the complete engine was replaced under warranty with a used ~58k mile engine at ~85k miles. In essence, you have an ~93.5K mile car, with a ~66.5K mile engine.

Regarding maintenance, I have extensive records of what I have personally done since owning the car as well as the records from the PO that I gathered from the dealer:

* Clutch job (clutch, pressure plate and flywheel) performed by Audi dealer @ ~79k miles
* Regular oil changes performed by myself and Audi dealers
* A/C compressor replacement performed by Audi dealer @ ~86k miles (A/C blows ice cold)
* Brakes are in great shape (replaced by previous owner)
* 18” O.Z. Ultraleggera wheels with Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires, installed @ ~78k miles, all four tires show at least 7/32nds all around

Regarding minor upgrades to the vehicle, these were all performed prior to me purchasing the vehicle:

* APR Carbonio B6/B7 S4 Carbon Fiber Intake System
* B6 S4 APR Cat-Back Exhaust
* Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Sway Bar Set

At this point in time, the vehicle itself is in fantastic mechanical shape, and with the new clutch and low miles on the engine should be set up for many years of enjoyment for the next owner.

The exterior of the vehicle has typical small scratches, scuffs and chips for a vehicle that has been on the road for 11 years, but nothing substantial that is not clearly shown in the pictures. The driver side headlight gets moist inside when the humidity is high. I will be happy to take any pics of any specific areas/panels upon request. Aside from the noted exterior blemishes, the body and paint are in great shape and wash up very nicely, I believe the pictures speak for themselves.

The interior of the vehicle is in great condition as well. Very little noticeable wear on any of the leather surfaces. The only interior issue relates to the air vent adjustment slides and the glovebox. The heat of the Alabama summers apparently was too much for the air vent adjustment slides and the mechanism essentially fell apart. I “fixed” this by utilizing air vent air fresheners to manipulate airflow. Lastly, the glove box latch mechanism broke and I never got around to fixing it, I just ended storing anything I needed in the handy compartments under the driver and passenger seats. I will be happy to take any pics of any specific areas/panels upon request.

I don’t have to sell and I don’t mind if it doesn’t sell. I am open to trades down (I can take cash + vehicle) depending on the situation or an outright sale at $15,500. I know what KBB says and I know what NADA says. Given how few were sold originally in this configuration, how few are left on the road today and how few are on the market at any given time around the country, this is the price I consider reasonable.

This is a tremendous lower mileage vehicle that provides a wonderful driver experience with utility on top of all of that. The car handles extremely well and the soundtrack of the 4.2L Audi V8 revving up to 7k RPMs is truly visceral. Very rarely are B6/B7 S4 Avants with a 6-spd transmission available around ~93.5K miles and almost never with an engine around ~66.5k miles.

If you are interested, send me a PM and we can chat further.

Cheers!
Attached Images                       

Last edited by KDUB21; 08-01-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2016 | 12:53 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Also - I clearly acknowledge this is my first post, but I am real person and this is my real car, I am happy to answer any and all questions. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2016 | 03:57 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Any time timing chain/guide/tensioner work.

Phil
Old 03-11-2016 | 04:04 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
Any time timing chain/guide/tensioner work.

Phil
No. Since the replacement engine only had ~58k miles and came from a car with strong service history, we did not pull the cover off when it was dropped in.
Old 03-11-2016 | 06:41 PM
petron5000
Instructor

I always wanted one. Always got scared.

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-the-v8-audi-s4-is-an-awful-used-car-1676466510
Old 03-11-2016 | 10:05 PM
cmd4
Pro

I've owned 2 b6 s4's…one was a avant with third pedal As usual all the hype/negative about them is very random to one's that are treated right and maintained .Both of mine were bulletproof and no timing guides issues at all.Logged several miles on both and still miss the wagon the most…but rs4 is helping fill the gap GLWS…shouldn't need though,it's a 6mt v8 wagon!!
Old 03-11-2016 | 11:10 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

GLWS, but..... since my Focus RS still isn't scheduled to be built yet, I may come a calling in June.
Old 03-13-2016 | 02:18 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cmd4
I've owned 2 b6 s4's…one was a avant with third pedal As usual all the hype/negative about them is very random to one's that are treated right and maintained .Both of mine were bulletproof and no timing guides issues at all.Logged several miles on both and still miss the wagon the most…but rs4 is helping fill the gap GLWS…shouldn't need though,it's a 6mt v8 wagon!!
Thanks! Certainly opinions all over the board on this! Will continue to love driving it in the mean time.
Old 03-21-2016 | 10:40 AM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Monday morning bump...
Old 03-21-2016 | 11:28 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

I had 2 S4s of this model, a sedan and an Avant. Loved them both!! Mine were silver but with alcantara/leather interior. Never a problem (If yours had the right interior and a better story is I would be a buyer...;-()

If anyone is interested I have a full set of original S4 wheels taken off my Avant at 15,000 miles and sitting in my garage for the last 10 years
Old 03-21-2016 | 01:15 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I had 2 S4s of this model, a sedan and an Avant. Loved them both!! Mine were silver but with alcantara/leather interior. Never a problem
Thanks!

Truly is a wonderful vehicle to drive with gobs of torque on hand and plenty of utility in any weather condition.
Old 03-28-2016 | 10:15 AM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Monday morning bump...
Old 04-04-2016 | 10:28 AM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Monday morning bump and price drop...
Old 04-25-2016 | 10:08 AM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Monday morning bump and $1,500 price drop...
Old 04-28-2016 | 12:56 PM
KDUB21
Rennlist Member

Just found out I am moving BACK across the country again bump.

If anyone here on the eastern side of the States is interested in the car I will be heading back to the Rocky Mountains at the end of May.

Quick Reply: 2005 (B6) S4 Avant, 6MT