Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2015 Cayman GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 06:20 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts
Default 2015 Cayman GTS

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 2800
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Carmine Red
VIN: WP0AB2A88FK183787
Price (no $ sign please): $86000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I got a GT4 allocation, so this beautiful almost-new Carmine Red GTS needs to go. 2800 miles, 1700 of them are highway miles and the rest are local miles. Car still has a whiff of "new car" smell. I had a $3500 XPEL installation done on the car before I ever drove it - entire front end, rockers, and rear wheel wells. Sticker on the car was $92,650 plus the $3,500 for XPEL so you're getting a roughly $96K value for $86,000.

- PDK
- PTV
- X73 sport suspension
- standard buckets with heating
- light design package, convenience package
- PCM with nav, satellite
- ParkAssist with reverse camera (handy!)
- power folding side mirrors
- GTS exterior package in piano black
- Carmine Red with black satin wheels
- All the books, paperwork, documents, etc. from Porsche - even a laminated window sticker.

The car is absolutely beautiful. Car is on consignment at Spokane Porsche.
Attached Images    

Last edited by sdillon; 08-10-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: lowered price to $86K
Old 07-12-2015, 04:50 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Default Spokane

Update: car is now at Porsche of Spokane, in Liberty Lake, Washington if anybody is interested.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:07 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, and they were asking something like MSRP for a used car. That said, its not on their website any more so I assume it's sold.

Maybe the market for these cars is that crazy too. Soupy sold his GTS to a dealer who promptly put it up for sale OVER MSRP.

My search continues....
Old 07-13-2015, 11:16 AM
GrandLaker
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There quite a few executive demo GTS's now showing up on autotrader. Best part they have been also CPO'ing them plus offering around $5K discounts too.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:54 AM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Haven't looked at Autotrader in a while. Will look again.

There is a GTS in Bend in the same situation. Not CPO'd though. I think the one in Spokane was CPO'd.

I think $5000 off for 4000 miles isn't enough of a discount, especially without CPO. Online people are speaking of discounts on new of 3-7% so why buy used for a similar discount?
Old 07-20-2015, 10:03 AM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Default clarifications

I'm not sure if B. Kish is commenting on my car or not, but if so there is some misinformation I'd like to clear up:

1. The car remains on Porsche of Spokane's website and is not sold. Here is a link:
https://spokane.porschedealer.com/pr...85320/info.php

2. My car is not CPO. It costs well over $2000 to CPO a car and it didn't seem worthwhile to me. Of course, a buyer can always choose to have the car CPO first, but from my perspective I'd be paying thousands to extend the warranty for the next owner when only 3 months of the factor warranty are used.

3. I've got $96K into the car and am listing it here at $88K. Perhaps the way I'm calculating "discount" is flawed, but to my mind $88K/$96K = 0.92, or an 8% discount ($8K actual). The next owner will be obtaining a 3 month old car (driven about 6 weeks) and realizing an 8% savings. I put a new set of $1500 Pirellis on it just to bring it to as "as-new" condition as possible, but didn't include that in my figures because the point is comparison with a new car. I feel the price for driving a car less than 2 months is reasonable and fair.

4. I originally listed my car at 2200 miles. It now has 2800, I believe. Had to drive it across the state to the dealership.

5. The "why buy used" comment is interesting. My Porsche sales associate tells me that the Cayman GTS can no longer be ordered. If a person would like one, their only options are the used market or find a new car already at a dealer.

One additional comment - I saw my car at the dealership over the weekend, and I had a familiar "man, is a GT4 really going to be that much better than THIS?" feeling I've had several times. This GTS is the finest sportscar I have ever driven, bar none. Whomever ends up with it is going to love it. The only reason it's for sale is because I was able to secure a GT4 allocation after I took delivery of the GTS. I hope it finds a home soon!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info. I see the car is back on their website. It had disappeared for a few days. Not sure if it was a software glitch. Have you sold the car to them or brokering? The price is several more than your asking.

I likely got this one mixed up with another regarding the CPO warranty. As I said, it's not been on their website consistently.

I'm looking strictly at MSRP when calculating discount off MSRP that others have noted on forums. Not to be blunt, but if your car represented good value in the used car market, it would have been sold. Soupy had to trade his in because of no takers at his asking (which the dealer listed for more than MSRP and has had to discount because the car still sits). Goofnik unfortunately is still sitting on his months later. Yours didn't sell. I think the GTS is a special car but they don't represent exclusivity and the prices some folks and dealers are trying to get on the used market. Another just came up for sale, used, at $1600 below MSRP. It's unfortunate for you you spent that money on the XPEL which, like a CPO warranty, is something for the next owner will enjoy.

Your sales associate is wrong according to my local dealer. There are allocations coming through, but not many. Maybe the Spokane dealer, as a lower volume dealer, can't get allocations, I don't know.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:35 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Please don't read too much into this reply. I am not trying to be argumentative at all, just interested in the conversation since it concerns my car.

You may be right. I feel like it's a fair price, but it seems we might not agree on what "fair" means. Maybe the real price should be what the market will bear. On the other hand, I could decide to keep my GTS, take delivery of the GT4, and sell the GT4 for what the market will bear - which seems to be MSRP plus at least $10K, if not $20K. That would make me even MORE friends on Rennlist.

We both know how this is going to go down. I'm not going to flip the GT4. I'll hold out as long as I can on the GTS to get the best price I can. At some point I risk paying for two new, expensive cars - an unpleasant situation to be sure - and I will of necessity be more flexible. The price that I sell the car for at that time will be, by definition, the price that the market can bear. My use of the word "firm" was intended to reflect that - I'm really not interested in lowball offers and don't have to settle for one at this time.

Car economics are both interesting and highly discouraging.

I don't know if your sales associate is correct or if mine is. All I know is, he's a premier dealer, was able to get me a GT4 allocation (at MSRP even), and the reason I was at the dealership was to see a lava orange GT3 RS that everybody seemed to think he couldn't possibly get. The guy must be doing something right.
Old 07-20-2015, 05:12 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

In retrospect, my post seems the argumentative one. For that, I apologize.

Some of it's probably my frustration trying to find a GTS for what I feel is a fair price, new or used. Some of that's pricing, but some of that is how cars are optioned. How do you get a $100K car that doesn't have heated seats.....? Not your car, but more than a few I've found.

Anyway, good luck to you and enjoy the GT4 or the extra $20K in your pocket
Old 07-20-2015, 05:52 PM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

No worries at all, I appreciate the perspective. And if you are interested at all in my car, PM me with an offer or negotiation starting point and I _will_ consider it.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:48 PM
B.Kish
Rennlist Member

Your car is beautiful (enough to have me go to the dealers website on more than one occasion). In the end, the spec isn't what I'm looking for. I can compromise on price if the build is right or the build if the price is right.

That's why I finally talked to the dealer about allocations. In the end, my build (MSRP) would come would in for less than your asking price, IF I get one (I'm late to the party). It's not because you're asking too much but I'm looking for a much more basic build.

Who knows, our paths may cross yet.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:12 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

car is gorgeous, wrong transmission though
Old 07-21-2015, 11:18 AM
sdillon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
car is gorgeous, wrong transmission though
Heh, perhaps. I spec'ed the car for racing, and there is no denying the PDK is faster. At first I didn't like it, but the "spitting" sound it makes during full throttle upshifts is pretty addictive.

On the other hand, my previous car was a manual and the GT4 will be a manual, of course. It's the classic performance vs. engagement argument. I can argue both sides.

Quick Reply: 2015 Cayman GTS