Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1991 Porsche 964 C2

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Archer305
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 1991 Porsche 964 C2

Year: 1991
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 68375
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: White
VIN: WP0AB2967MS410211
Price (no $ sign please): $42000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

For sale: 1991 Porsche 964 C2, white with blue interior. Modifications include Konis/Bilsteins (Previous owner mentioned something about different rear suspension for the year) with Racing Dynamics green springs, wheels, and airbox--everything else is as it came from the factory. I have all of the stock parts should the prospective buyer want them.

Current mileage is 68,375. I'm sure I'll put another hundred miles or so on it this week as a last hoorah with it unless someone buys it right away.

I bought the car with 63K or 64K miles after the previous owner spent a good amount of money on it. He did a PPI on the car at 61,233 miles and addressed everything that was noted about a thousand miles later at 62,645. I'm not a mechanic and well-versed enough to interpret everything on the work order, so I'll just list it as I see it:

R&I Engine
Reseal Case
Rebuild Cyl Heads
Install Clutch
Replace Rec Brg
SHF(?) & Guide
Install F&R shocks

This spring when I got it out of storage, I replaced the battery and the AC belt. It was PA inspected in June and had a wheel alignment completed. The oil was changed October 1 of this year. It's ready to go and be driven to your heart's content.

I hate to focus on the bad stuff, but here it is. A couple of years ago Carfax went back and listed an accident from 1994 (front impact, no airbags deployed, vehicle driveable--it could have been a real accident or they could have hit a mailbox, who knows). I have a non-accident Carfax from 12/18/2008, so I disputed it with Carfax but was unsuccessful.

***So out of curiosity, I decided to pay for an AutoCheck history report, to see if I could shed some more light on the Carfax report. Well what do you know, no accident history on there.

I can only assume that there is some paintwork on the car from whatever the Carfax incident was. My great contribution to the car is from last winter in storage. I was pushing it around in the garage to re-position it and let it roll forward about a foot or so and it bumped into the wall spiderwebbing the paint on the top of the bumper. You probably wouldn't see it unless you're up close and looking for it, but it's there. Also, there's a pretty nasty rock chip on the driver's mirror that could have been touched up better.

Interior: typical wear on the driver's bolster. The leather on the top of the steering wheel and shift **** is worn.

AC could probably be recharged as it's not blowing super cold. And at its oil change last month, the garage pointed out that it's starting to weep some oil around the thermostat. They didn't seem too concerned, but it is something that could be addressed in the future.

Like I said, I hate to focus on negative things, but it's important to represent the car accurately. From 10 feet, the car looks fantastic, but it does have the kind of cosmetic flaws you'd expect from a nearly 25 year old car with 68,000 miles.

That's about it. Mechanically, it is rock solid! You'd be hard pressed to find a better one. Hop in, drive it anywhere without concern. I had hoped to keep it long term, but life has a way of stepping in and changing things. I'm sure I'll regret selling it, but such is life.

PPIs are welcomed as are any questions. I'll do my best to be prompt in replying and providing additional information, but bear with me as I have a busy work schedule.

I had a loan on it and paid it off early last week, so I should have the title maybe later this coming week or the following week. I was going to wait until I got the title to list it for sale but didn't want to put it off and have November come and go before I did anything.

***Title arrived in the mail today, so everything is in order to move this along to its next owner.

I polled the house for a sale price. My 10-month old just looked at me and continued to chew on his spoon without a response, while my wife said $70,000. The voice of reason has settled on $42,000. Come and get it!

Indoor pictures were taken about 2 years ago

Outdoor pictures from last weekend after a quick wash. Brown spot on the paint to the left of the engine is a piece of a leaf, not rust.

Last edited by Archer305; 11-07-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: VIN update and Carfax info
Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really sharp! Keep her. I have an 11 month old and a 993 sitting in my parent's garage. They can meet up and discuss how cool the cars are. (Yours resembles a 964 Cup)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:34 AM
speedbagger
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

beauty. glws.
Old 11-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Saint-Vieux
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gorgeous p64, and sharp 3.6 like speedline wheels!.. GLWS...
Old 11-03-2014, 02:55 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

all i can is is WOW! (and GLWS)
Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Kirkwoodloyal
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The original storm trooper...lol. Very nice car
Old 11-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Archer305
Intermediate

All PMs returned. Thank you for the interest so far.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:04 PM
Archer305
Intermediate

Sorry everyone, I was alerted that I didn't enter the VIN correctly. Here is the correct VIN:

WP0AB2967MS410211
Old 11-06-2014, 10:29 PM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet car. From a GP White car guy...
Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Archer305
Intermediate

Still here, and I'm a little surprised...
Got an offer or two but not quite enough to let it go. Don't miss out on the opportunity to pick up a really really good 964!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:42 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 470 Likes on 191 Posts

Beautiful car. If I hadn't bought a carrera 3.2 for myself earlier this year, I would be giving you a call and sending you money.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:19 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Lovely! Good luck with the sale. Hopefully to a Rennlister!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 AM
SleepRM3
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the e36 M3 Lightweight in the background. What an awesome car collection! The Speedlines definitely make your 964 pop!
Old 11-12-2014, 08:43 AM
Q&A
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I would buy it if i did not had to ship it and pay import duties. GLWS
Old 11-12-2014, 05:50 PM
sithot
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 126 Posts

PM sent re: Carfax

Quick Reply: FS: 1991 Porsche 964 C2