Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

For Sale 1983 928 Euro "S"

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Joe F
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default For Sale 1983 928 Euro "S" 5sp w/LSD ***SOLD***

Year: 1983
Make: Porsche
Model: 928
Cont. Porsche Models: 928 (all)
Mileage (numbers only please): 95500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: pewter (zinnmetallic)
VIN: WP0ZZZ92ZDS840950
Price (no $ sign please): $9000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1983 Porsche 928 S Euro
I have included videos from inside the car at the bottom, just before the photos - please view them!

These "Euro-S" cars are pretty rare and in demand. It took me several years to find this one. I was looking for the last year of mechanical fuel-injection (CIS) with 5 speed manual transmission with a limited-slip differential with 2.73 gears.

The weakness with the manual transmissions in these early cars is the synchos. They were a weak design and most of the early 5 speed cars have shifting problems and badly worn synchros. As a result, the gears grind badly when shifting. This car had a newly rebuilt transmission when I got it and I have taken very good care of it, as a result, it has no shifting problems.

Mileage? -- not sure (Car was brought to the US as a used car and the speedometer was replaced with a new one, calibrated in miles per hour so it could be federalized. Car shows 95k on this speedometer.)

I do know when vehicle was brought to US. In the warranty book, (included) it received a tune-up and oil change at a local shop in July of '86 and the mileage was 34k which would lead me to believe the 95k number is correct. Aside from that one entry, I have maintenance records back to 1990, but nothing from '86 to '90. I have owned the car since 2001 and have all the records from that date to present.

This is the 4.7 liter Euro S motor. Stock it was 300 hp and this car has MSDS Headers and a custom made (read that as all mandrel bent tubing) 3' exhaust system that includes a free flow cat and muffler. Out of curiosity a few years ago I ran it on a dyno and it produced about 265 rear wheel horsepower. It goes good!

What the car needs:
There is an oil leak around one of the cam covers. It could be the gasket or a plug at the back of the cam cover. It also should have the intake manifold removed and refresh all the vacuum lines and connectors that lie under it. I have the tubing to do that job and would include it with the car. While doing that repair would also be a perfect time to solve that pesky oil leak.

The car can be made to pass Oregon emissions test. The car has a catalytic converter and has passed the Portland test in the past.

The paint on this car is pretty good, but there are places where the clear coat is breaking down and the interior had the usual shrinkage of the leather around the dash vents and a few other places. I would remind you that it's 30 years old and showing the age in a few places.

Recent work:
This car has been my project and has spent protracted periods on jack stands in my garage with innards strewn around on the floor. It has a new all aluminum radiator, a custom oil cooler, an electric fan, new a/c compressor, a new steering pump, new pan gasket, replaced stock alternator with high output unit. Replaced the stock battery cable with one that is 3x larger so entire electrical system is much more robust and efficient. Frankly more parts and systems then I can remember.

The car is equipped with three-piece forged and anodized aluminum wheels. 9x17" front and 10x17" rears by Complete Custom Wheels in Florida. Tires are 255x40 fronts and 275x40 rears. I believe the wheels would support 275's in front and maybe 305's in the rear without clearance problems although I get slight rubbing in the front at full opposite lock with the present setup. The shocks and spring perches were replaced shortly after I got the car to restore the correct ride height. I have replaced the front sway bar bushings and mounts so the car handles great.

What else is included?
I will throw in my set of custom engineered, prototype PORKEN lift bars which make getting the car on jack stands a real breeze, an extra set of cam gears and most of the things that I have removed from the car like spare tire, jack, compressor, fan, original alternator with air duct, luggage cover and new carpeting (NOT INSTALLED).

Why am I selling it?
I have too many cars. I am not getting any younger and I grudgingly concluded that I originally bought this car to play on the track at HPDE events and open track days and I just do not have the time to do that any more.

To me, this would be the ideal use for this car. My loss is your gain. I hope you take advantage of this opportunity.

Youtube Videos

Attached Images                

Last edited by Joe F; 06-01-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Joe F
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sold

Sold! ! !

Quick Reply: For Sale 1983 928 Euro "S"