Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1995 993 C2 6-speed Coupe- Immaculate w/ great mods!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:47 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 404 Likes on 122 Posts
Default 1995 993 C2 6-speed Coupe- Immaculate- SOLD

Year: 1995
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 68400
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1995 993 C2 Coupe- 68k miles- SOLD thanks Rennlist!

I am selling the 993 that I have loved and cherished for the past 2 years, it’s an incredible car that makes me smile every time I drive it! Being a fellow enthusiast I tried to answer all the questions a serious buyer would have, but feel free to ask additional questions. Thanks!

1995 993 C2 Coupe
Guards Red on Black Partial Leather
OEM LSD/ABD
68,xxx miles
Clean Carfax
4 owners all in WA state but one (owner 3)
Past 2 owners fellow R’Lister’s

Exterior Mods:

GERT lower protection bar
Clear corners
Bumperplugs
Aftermarket HID kit
Silver Porsche Crest

Interior Mods:

Alpine Head unit, upgraded Infinity speakers
Aluminum Pedal Kit
Lloyd Mats

Engine Mods:

Fabspeed SuperCup Exhuast (sounds great but loud, be prepared!)
993 CUP Carbon Airbox
Rennsport Software upgrade

Suspension Mods:

Moton Clubsport struts and shocks w/ main tenders (500/700lb springs 245lb tenders)
TRG Adjustable sway bars w/bushings and drop links
Porsche GT-2 EVO front uprights and wheel bearings
Porsche GT-2 EVO Tie Rods
Carrera RS front strut brace
ERP camberplates and mono ***** front and rear
Aligned and corner-balanced at Tru-line

The suspension setup alone was $9000 in parts, $2500 in labor and $700 in alignment or $12,200! The suspension setup was purchased from Steve Weiner at Rennsport Systems based entirely on his recommendations.

Mechanical:

The car runs and drives absolutely spectacular. It does everything it is supposed to and nothing its not. Everything works (AC blows cold, all the electrical accessories, cruise, no warning lights on, etc.). It has no leaks. It is current on all services. I have a complete service history on the car, if there is something in particular you would like to know just ask.

In preparation for sale I addressed all the current needs so it would be 100% ready to go, they were:

• Installed new front and rear hood shocks
• Installed a new drivers door rubber gasket (they always tear where people drag their feet across.
• Annual service w/ oil and filter

Wheels and Tires:

OEM 18" BBS 986/996 2 piece Sport Classic wheels- 18x7.5 and 18x10
Michelin Pilot PS2 225/40/18 and 265/35/18 ~70-%

Misc-

I have al the original books and manuals
2 keys
Very complete documentation of all mods and upgrades, service, etc in a 3 ring binder
Correct airpump, toolkit and jack.
Just received an annual service 4/2013 so current on everything.

Flaws:

Its not an all original, no paintwork kind of car. I believe it has had paintwork at some point in several places. I don't think it has ever been in any kind of accident. None of this is visually apparent but I have run a paint meter on the car, it never lies!

Its been to the track 8-10 times for DE events so it has an amount of rock chips, sandblast, etc. All touched up but there. I am a fanatic so it is very well polished, no swirls, I get lots of compliments!

There is a small rust bubble at the base of the drivers windshield (very common on 964 and 993) about the size of a dime. It has not changed a bit since I owned it but the windshield is somewhat sandblasted and the gasket could stand to be replaced. So the best course of action would be to pull the windshield, fix the rust spot and install a new windshield and gasket.

The super cup exhaust is DAMN loud, I think it sounds amazing but it does have a strong resonance at about 26-2900 rpm. It is fine if you are passing through that rpm but constant cruise at that speed is VERY irritating! I believe air-cooled cars should always cruise above 3k so it doesn't bug me.

The Suspension is amazing and the car sticks like nobodies business but there are two drawbacks: The car has mono ***** and solid bushings so it does have some creaks and groans at low speeds on crummy roads. It is also set up fairly stiff, so if you are looking for Cadillac ride quality this isn’t your car.

Overall:

Body and Paint 8.5/10
Interior 9.5/10
Suspension and Drivetrain- 10/10
Mechanical 9.5/10
Documentation 9.5/10

Price:

$40k which is my real world, what it will sell for price as opposed to a starting point.

In the interest of full disclosure I am a licensed WA state Motor Vehicle Dealer (www.cvluxurycars.com) . This car has been my personal car for the past two years and is well known both locally and on the forums. I purchased the car from a local friend who is a PCA and Rennlist member, I am happy to provide his reference or feel free to ask anyone who attended 993FEST last year about the car.. I am selling it simply because I purchased another 993 with lower miles.

Last edited by nathan1; 05-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:52 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 404 Likes on 122 Posts

Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gorgeous. Best of luck.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool setup, GLWS.

Quick Reply: 1995 993 C2 6-speed Coupe- Immaculate w/ great mods!