Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1989 944 S2

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:58 PM
mharmon944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: 1989 944 S2

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 944
Cont. Porsche Models: 944S2
Mileage (numbers only please): 268000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Guards Red
Price (no $ sign please): $14500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For sale is my ’89 S2 that I have owned for 17+ years. The car is an original 2 owner car that I purchased with 29,000 on the odometer. It’s got 268,xxx miles on it now, but don’t let that scare you. It’s been meticulously maintained by Callas Rennsport in Torrance, California for the past 16 years and they maintain the car like it’s their own. I’ve got a thick file folders of receipts as well as 10 page spreadsheet which documents literally every bit of work done on the car since it was new (to the tune of well over $120,000). It’s very reliable and is really a turn the key and go anywhere type of car - I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere. It’s been garaged all its life and that attention and care has served it very well over the years. It still pulls great all of the way up to redline and drives beautifully.
The car has been recently serviced and the starter, battery, clutch, flywheel, motor mounts, power steering rack, water pump, belts and all service items were all replaced. Constantine’s Super Bearings were also installed in the Torque Tube at that time, so the torque tube should last for many years without any problems.
Here are the details on the car:
• 4 cylinder 3.0 Liter motor
• 5 speed gearbox
• Guards Red exterior with black interior
• Never smoked (or even eaten) in
• Exterior - car was professionally repainted in 2005 (at a cost of $10,000). After the repaint a 3M clear bra was installed. As a result, there are no stone chips on the car. Paint is still in excellent condition. Also at this time 968 exterior mirror and door handles were installed. 4 years ago a new hatch with the factory 968 spoiler was installed as the original hatch had separated from the frame. The car sits on Kinesis 17” wheels with Michelin Pilot PS2’s. These wheels are in perfect condition and I think that they look great on the car.
• Interior – Dash is in excellent condition with only one small (~1/4”) crack near the left side defroster vent. Hardly noticeable and has not gotten bigger in 10+ years. Other than that the dash is perfect. I’ve installed a 993 RS steering wheel as well as an excellent Kenwood Stereo (BT-900) with Bluetooth. The car has the factory 10 speaker system with upgraded infinity speakers. I have also installed Porsche GT3 seats (both driver and passenger) at a cost of $3,000. These seats are in as-new condition and they are really comfortable, especially on long drives.
• Mechanically the car is perfect and needs absolutely nothing. Anything that showed the slightest bit of wear or indicated that it was going bad was immediately replaced – almost everything that is in the car with the exception of the long block has been replaced during my 17 years of ownership. If the factory or the guys at Callas Rennsport recommended that an item be replaced due to age, then it was. Even the chain tensioner (in the head) has been replaced 4 times, rod bearings twice, the heat exchanger buried in the dash once (boy was that job a pain!), the belts and rollers religiously changed every 30,000 miles, etc. etc. etc.

• In addition to the modifications that I have mentioned above, here’s what else I have done to the car:
• Vitesse Mass Air Flow along with the Piggyback kit has been installed (the original, working Air Flow Meter is included). The MAF works great and the software is rather easy to use (detailed instructions are included along with the software)
• Lindsey Racing 3 piece cross-member
• 993 RS steering wheel with Momo adapter to raise the wheel ½”
• 928 GTS front brake calipers and drilled 911 3.6L turbo rotors, along with the proper (5/33) brake bias valve
• 968 rear drilled rotors installed
• 968 Castor blocks
• M030 front and rear sway bar
• Koni adjustable front struts with adjustable ride height & 200lb springs
• Koni adjustable rear shocks
• Iceshark lighting kit with 100W front headlights
• Iceshark battery cable kit
• Kinesis 8 x 17” K57 3-piece forged front wheels on 225/45 Michelin PS2’s
• Kinesis 9 x 17” K57 3-piece forged rear wheels on 255/40 Michelin PS2’s
• All metal heater valve installed
• New carpet from Rob Budd (better than factory) installed June, 2011
• All windows (except the front windshield) custom tinted in January, 2011

Included with the car is the original window sticker, the COA from Porsche and boxes of spare parts that I have accumulated over the years.

Asking $14,500, which as I add everything up, is almost less than the mods currently included in the car. It’s not cheap, but even given the car’s age, this car will provide literally years of trouble free driving. Everything has been done to it that needs to be done, all that it needs now is the open road and a full tank of gas. There are definitely some nice 944’s out there, but this one surely ranks near the top of the list.

PPI’s are more than welcome as are test drives. This car really has to be seen and driven to be fully appreciated. I’m happy to answer any questions – my cell phone is 310.938.1835 and my email is mharmon944@gmail.com.

Thanks for looking.

Mike
Attached Images     

Last edited by mharmon944; 01-06-2012 at 04:06 PM. Reason: price drop
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
mharmon944
Rennlist Member

price drop to $14,500.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:07 PM
mharmon944
Rennlist Member

Price drop to $12,500. Any interest?
Old 04-21-2012, 12:27 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice looking!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:35 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Where did you get your rear wing?
Old 04-21-2012, 04:45 PM
mharmon944
Rennlist Member

It's a Porsche Factory '91 S2 wing
Old 04-22-2012, 02:46 AM
plumbum
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If only I had the money...this is exactly what I am looking for!

GLWTS she is a beautiful car!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 AM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mharmon944
It's a Porsche Factory '91 S2 wing
Thanks. Great looking car!

Quick Reply: FS: 1989 944 S2