Notices
Vehicle Marketplace A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:



Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:


FS: Special 2007 GT3 w/3.8 Autometrics Cup Engine

 
Old 03-13-2019, 09:56 AM
  #16  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 62300
Color: Carrara White
VIN: WP0AC29937S792605
Price (no $ sign please): $82500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by Nine1won View Post
Nice ride! I've been behind this one on the road. It sounds bloody fantastic! Love the raw 997.1 GT3's. GLWS!
Thanks buddy! Dyno video added for some of that sweet music!
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 10:35 AM
  #17  
pissedpuppy
Super User
 
pissedpuppy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,070
Default

straight thievery at that price - still say, 997 GT3s best value proposition
pissedpuppy is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:34 AM
  #18  
widers911
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 651
Default

Nathan, I see that you're back on the east coast, GLWS!!

I have the same car as you now...but with a 3.9

Major want factor on the e88!
widers911 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:58 AM
  #19  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by widers911 View Post
Nathan, I see that you're back on the east coast, GLWS!!

I have the same car as you now...but with a 3.9

Major want factor on the e88!
What's up AJ? Good to hear from you. Glad you're in your own GT3-sounds awesome!
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:59 PM
  #20  
Bents
User
 
Bents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 261
Default

What is the expected rebuild schedule on this engine, and how many hours does it have on it? Thanks! Love the car.
Bents is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 02:28 PM
  #21  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by Bents View Post
What is the expected rebuild schedule on this engine, and how many hours does it have on it? Thanks! Love the car.
I get this question a lot, and the answer is that servicing is really no different from the normal 3.6 GT3 engine. Cup engines are rebuilt frequently because they are sprint motors, built to live at 8400+RPM and have much tighter tolerances, thus the parts "time out" and/or stretch (rods), and need refreshing to prevent a catastrophic failure from fatigue. I am no expert, but this is what I've been told about Cup engines from 3 separate builders.

This engine is different. It is pretty much still a street 3.6 motor, but bored out to 3.8, with some "special sauce" Porsche Motorsport parts added that kick it up a bit (997 Cup heads, for example).

I don't count hours, but its had about 13,000 miles added to it since the motor replacement in 2013. Maybe 1200-1500 of those are track miles, the rest are highway cruising, canyon runs, commuter miles, etc., where its just as happy. It is also fully smog compliant with stock intake, O2s, catalytic converter/headers, etc. I used to live in CA and it passed smog there about a year ago.

Hope this information helps...it really is a very cool, very unique GT3.
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 06:16 PM
  #22  
jcdeng
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 75
Default

was the car ever in an accident? (sagging driver side tail light)
jcdeng is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 07:46 PM
  #23  
audipwr1
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
audipwr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 3,903
Default

Awesome, fast, clean car - cruised the coast along side it many a time
audipwr1 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:29 PM
  #24  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by jcdeng View Post
was the car ever in an accident? (sagging driver side tail light)
No, the top inside alignment pin needs to be replaced. The car has a clean CarFax and I am the 2nd owner. Iíll post it up later tonight.
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
  #25  
Bents
User
 
Bents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 261
Default

Originally Posted by superfast02911 View Post
I get this question a lot, and the answer is that servicing is really no different from the normal 3.6 GT3 engine. Cup engines are rebuilt frequently because they are sprint motors, built to live at 8400+RPM and have much tighter tolerances, thus the parts "time out" and/or stretch (rods), and need refreshing to prevent a catastrophic failure from fatigue. I am no expert, but this is what I've been told about Cup engines from 3 separate builders.

This engine is different. It is pretty much still a street 3.6 motor, but bored out to 3.8, with some "special sauce" Porsche Motorsport parts added that kick it up a bit (997 Cup heads, for example).

I don't count hours, but its had about 13,000 miles added to it since the motor replacement in 2013. Maybe 1200-1500 of those are track miles, the rest are highway cruising, canyon runs, commuter miles, etc., where its just as happy. It is also fully smog compliant with stock intake, O2s, catalytic converter/headers, etc. I used to live in CA and it passed smog there about a year ago.

Hope this information helps...it really is a very cool, very unique GT3.
It does help, I think. Thanks for the reply. Itís a bit confusing since you called it a ďPorsche Motorsports GT3 CupĒ engine when itís not the engine that goes into a GT3 Cup car. Maybe Iím misunderstanding, but if thatís the case then thatís a good thing as it eliminates some of the rebuild fears.
Bents is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:18 AM
  #26  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by Bents View Post


It does help, I think. Thanks for the reply. Itís a bit confusing since you called it a ďPorsche Motorsports GT3 CupĒ engine when itís not the engine that goes into a GT3 Cup car. Maybe Iím misunderstanding, but if thatís the case then thatís a good thing as it eliminates some of the rebuild fears.
Fair point, and I've adjusted the language to hopefully provide more clarity.
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:28 AM
  #27  
BF951
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
BF951's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: PA
Posts: 610
Default

Love this car and the sound it makes. Spent considerable time and money on my 997.1S but it will never be this car. Timing is everything and this will make a perfect car for someone to enjoy.
What sort of times do you turn on both tracks at NJMP? I'm in NE PA and NJ is basically my home track.

Cheers!
BF951 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:18 AM
  #28  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by BF951 View Post
Love this car and the sound it makes. Spent considerable time and money on my 997.1S but it will never be this car. Timing is everything and this will make a perfect car for someone to enjoy.
What sort of times do you turn on both tracks at NJMP? I'm in NE PA and NJ is basically my home track.

Cheers!
Canít recall Lightning times, but IIRC I was doing 1:31-32s at Thunderbolt before I left in 2015. I never really pushed the car 10/10s, though-itís got much more in it than my talent can extract!
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:19 AM
  #29  
superfast02911
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
superfast02911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lehigh Valley PA
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by BF951 View Post
Love this car and the sound it makes. Spent considerable time and money on my 997.1S but it will never be this car. Timing is everything and this will make a perfect car for someone to enjoy.
What sort of times do you turn on both tracks at NJMP? I'm in NE PA and NJ is basically my home track.

Cheers!
Iíve also spent considerable time and money on a non-GT Carrera, and regret it as well. Main issue is lack of true dry sump oiling, but a lot of other things as well.
superfast02911 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:37 AM
  #30  
Bents
User
 
Bents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 261
Default

Thanks for the reply again. I am really interested in this car and trying to figure out a time I could up to your neck of woods. I'm in the DC area.
Bents is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.