Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS - 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S - Project (runs/drives)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 03:45 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
Default SOLD FS - 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo S
Mileage (numbers only please): 140000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Alpine White
Price (no $ sign please): $6500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SOLD

PICTURES LOCATED IN DROPBOX BELOW
It is a sad day for me as I have to put up this listing. I’ve owned this 951 for almost 4 years and it has been nothing but a joy to own and drive. Due to changes in my life, moving and living in a new home in a different part of the state, I’m in need of something more modern to daily-drive.
I’ve owned the car since early 2015 and bought it when it had 129k miles. In the past 3-4 years I’ve driven it to work (15-mile round trip) about 4 days a week and have only racked up about 11k miles in that time. Very few highway miles (less than 1k) in my ownership. Regular oil changes since I’ve owned the car, and as regular maintenance as needed in the span of 11k mi/4 years (with the one exception being the timing belt calibration). Never tracked/driven hard in my ownership. Located in Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth) so it hasn’t seen any harsh winters or road salt with me.
The car comes with a binder full of previous work and receipts for everything!

The car:
• 1989 Turbo (which is technically a ‘turbo S’ = LSD, chassis reinforcement, stronger transmission gears, oil and transmission coolers, M030 suspension, upgraded brakes)
• Alpine White (L90E)
• 140k miles
Per the previous seller’s list:
• Rebuilt K26/8 @15psi (Tim’s Turbos)
• Upgraded (cut and welded for more intake) factory intercooler
• Widefire Head Gasket – engine pulled and updated with new head, bearings, gaskets, water pump, timing belt, AOS reseal
• Rogue A-Tune
• 951S PMR Race Cam (256D, .470 lift i/e, stock lobe center)
• Full FabSpeed 3” exhaust (comes straight-piped but includes FabSpeed high-flow cat)
• ProSport Electronic Boost, fuel pressure, and Wideband O2
• 2.5bar FPR + updated fuel lines
• Vacuum kit from Lindsey Racing
• Stock wastegate (but newly installed [Sep 2018] recirculating valve)
• New DME relay/C&R sensors + harness from Lindsey Racing
• AC has been updated to take R134a (needs refill) was originally on R12 when I bought it
• New AC compressor
• Sport Seats
• Sport Cup forged aluminum wheels (repainted/powder coated in Porsche Hyper Silver)
• Euro-spec rear bumper
• New Windshield (2014 rock chip)
• Refurbished cluster (but does need the odo gear replaced. New gear included in purchase)
• New Master/Slave cyl’s, pilot and throwout bearings
• Clutch (930s) disc feels jittery, has been diagnosed with low remaining life
• New windshield washer fluid reservoir
• New coolant overflow tank

Cons:
• As listed above, the timing job needs to be done on the car as it is reaching that 15k mile/5 year area where it is needed maintenance.
• Clutch has been diagnosed as low-life. Car can sometimes feel shaky/jittery and clutch seems to slip at high RPM. Had another mechanic test drive and said it felt fine, but I wanted to disclose that it possibly needs a clutch job regardless.
• Turbo was also diagnosed as possibly going out. Still spools hard as you can hear it while driving, but power delivery isn’t always smooth and it’s very possible the turbo needs to be replaced.
• Very small rust bubble on back of car near taillight
• Rust bubbling happening on driver’s side rocker (pics included)
• Pock mark on passenger’s side rocker, painted (not rusting, pics included)
• Clear coat starting to peel up on passenger headlight, also driver’s side of hood
• Hood might need replacing, hail damage has left some small dents but one very large (baseball sized) in corner
• Whole car has very small (nickel/dime sized) hail dents
• Dashboard was covered by previous owner, looks decent enough but might drive some people crazy. Not original dash materials
• Odometer gear needs to be replaced as it stopped registering mileage about 6 months/2k miles ago. I will be giving the buyer the replacement gear as well! Could be done for $200 at a shop or 3-ish hours on your own.
• Check engine/alert light, seatbelt, and airbag lights are stuck on. Clark’s Garage lists a fix for this (http://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/elect-12.htm). Regular thing on these cars, but I don’t have the tools available to reset the light. Didn’t bother me too much at the time to fix.
• Battery seems to have a draw somewhere, loses charge over 5-6 days but maintains it with alternator/regular driving
• Carpets all look fantastic except for the rear-hatch carpet. Very weathered and needs replacement/cover (pic included)
• Sport seats were recovered by previous owner, they look good but not great. Might be something to update
• Very minor curb rash on a rear right wheel only (pic included)
• Steering wheel has sun damage/hardening
• Rock chips (naturally), but I have repainted over most of them
• Tires are starting to get somewhat low
• Bottom passenger side of front fascia has a large scrape, needs to be painted over/repainted
• Batwing cover under the car fell off during my ownership. I still have the full batwing, just needs to be remounted

----------------------------------------------

I have daily-driven the car for the past 4 years with very few mechanical issues until they started to pop up in the last 6 months. Unfortunately, I’m not in a time/place in life at the moment where I can afford to address most of these issues. I wish I could keep the car, but I know there will be someone on here who can do much better for it than I can.

Although the car is definitely daily-able still, I listed it as a project due to the amount of things it needs to be a reliable daily. In the past 2 months I’ve driven it very few miles, but a couple of trips (30 miles) to the airport and it has done fine. I don’t think I would trust the car with regular 50-mile trips, but for things in town it definitely is still drivable.

I didn’t really make a list of Pro’s for the car, as I figured the description of it and contents of the car would give you an accurate depiction of what it has. But I do feel the need to reiterate- it comes with the full 3” exhaust from FabSpeed which was a very expensive exhaust and sounds incredible. No drone whatsoever on the highway. It really is incredible (although it was running rich at the time of the video): (
). Also comes with factory sport seats and factory forged aluminum wheels, both very sought-after options.

I wanted to be as transparent with this ad as possible, as I know how frustrating it can be to buy a car where the owner isn’t clear or is deceptive with the things they acknowledge as issues. Therefore, if you have any questions/concerns, or need more pictures, please don’t hesitate to send me a PM or a text message and I would be glad to talk with you! I got as many pictures as I figured necessary, but I do understand if there are other angles/shots you’d like to see. Just let me know.

Pictures can be found in the dropbox link below!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kqyimt07g...qaQ3lOPBa?dl=0

Car is listed for $6500, but I am open to hear offers. Shoot me a PM or a text and I’m sure we can work something out! You can reach me through Rennlist or at (972)-489-4810 through text any time of the day.
Not interested in any trades, unfortunately. Just picked up a GTI to replace the 944. I’m going to miss this car a lot.
Attached Images  

Last edited by robcorn; 01-20-2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Revised.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:30 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

bump.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:09 AM
DeWolf
Three Wheelin'

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice machine brother. You are going to regret selling that baby. Ask me how I know.

Cheers
Scott
Old 12-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interior pics with pics of seats?
Old 12-04-2018, 06:46 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Interior pics and pics of seats in Dropbox in my ad, thanks.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:48 AM
geno
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sent you a text. Lmk
Old 12-07-2018, 03:40 PM
robcorn
Rennlist Member

Sale pending.

Quick Reply: FS - 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S - Project (runs/drives)