Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1998 993 Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1998 993 Carrera S

Year: 1998
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 91924
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AA2991WS320164
Price (no $ sign please): $83993
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For sale is my 2-owner 1998 black/ classic gray 6-speed 993 Carrera S of which I assumed stewardship on February 3, 2015. At that time the car had on the odometer 76,178 miles. Current mileage is 91,924. I have driven the car mainly to and from work between the months of April and October from 2013 to now. It has not been driven in snow. I am reluctantly selling this car only because I was fortunate enough to get an allocation for a 991.2 GT3 and need to make room for it in the garage. I would prefer to sell it to a Rennlister who will care for it and enjoy it as much as I have.

After taking possession of the car, I went through it from stem to stern and replaced or updated anything and everything that was worn or tired including but not limited to the following:

-Clutch kit, clutch shaft cover, clutch lever shaft seal, clutch shaft cover, clutch fork, needle bearing, pilot bearing, guide tube, rear main seal

-Lower valve cover gasket

-K&N air filter, fuel filter, oil filters

-Cabin air filter

-Spark plugs and wires, distributor caps, and ignition rotors

-Brake pads and sensors, rotors x4

-Gear oil change, brake fluid change

-Battery

-Front control arm bushings (replaced with Walrods)

-Front and rear suspension (replaced with Bilstein HD shocks and M030 springs)

-Alignment (ride height set to RS +5 mm)

-Belts

-Fister Stage II (black, Gillet)

-Regular oil changes (Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40)

-AC recharge

Although the car had never been in an accident and looked okay to most people, it had a lot of wear and tear that could not be corrected to my satisfaction with sanding, buffing, and polishing. Being the perfectionist that I am, I had it professionally and meticulously resprayed and documented with pictures. At this time all rubber, felt, and plastic body seals and trim pieces were replaced with new ones. I shaved the front and rear bumpers and installed Turbo S ducts and clear side markers to give the car a very clean and sleek look. I also replaced the peppered and pitted windshield, headlight lenses and gaskets, rear reflector, taillights, and rock guards on the rear fender flares. Inside the car I replaced any cracked or marred trim pieces with new ones. The leather and vinyl were treated and reconditioned. Aside from the usual driver’s seat bolster wear, this 993S looks brand new.

Driving the car is nothing short of air-cooled Nirvana. Although I have never tracked or auto crossed this car, I have thoroughly enjoyed commuting to work in it for the past six summers. I have always parked well away from other cars to avoid acquiring any door dings. The mechanical noises and the majestic song from the flat six are truly something special. The Fister II exhausts sound incredible in conjunction with the Motorsound Package. The chassis is straight and true with no accidents or stories. The wheels are genuine 18” hollow spoke Twists shod with Continental Extreme Contact DW tires that have 8/32” (front) and 5/32” (rear) tread left on them. The engine and suspension synch up incredibly well for quick acceleration and excellent handling. It is strong and fast and stable and beautiful inside and out. As you can imagine, this car turns heads, a lot of heads. On more than one occasion I have been followed and subsequently asked if the car were for sale. Now it is.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding the car. A PPI is welcome. The car is in Louisville, KY.
Attached Images          
Old 09-22-2018, 09:45 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 390 Posts

Great description of a car clearly well enjoyed and well prepared for the next owner. Really nice to see how you have enjoyed it on the road and not just in the garage.

A friend just sold a similarly well cared for C4S with similar miles for slightly more, so it seems priced well, too.

For the right person who appreciates care and service over mileage, this should be a no-brainer.

GLWS!
Old 09-23-2018, 07:30 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

yes, agreed, and glows, please could you tell me what is meant by "shaved" bumpers? can't pick out just by looking, but she does seem to be a bit sleeker than the usual.....suspects? cheers, kk
Old 09-23-2018, 08:16 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 277 Posts

^ That means Front and rear bumperettes removed and the holes filled.
Gorgeous! Looks like a well loved example, and fairly priced. GLWS
Old 09-23-2018, 08:46 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Great description of a car clearly well enjoyed and well prepared for the next owner. Really nice to see how you have enjoyed it on the road and not just in the garage.

A friend just sold a similarly well cared for C4S with similar miles for slightly more, so it seems priced well, too.

For the right person who appreciates care and service over mileage, this should be a no-brainer.

GLWS!
Thank you for the kind words.
Originally Posted by kkswow12
yes, agreed, and glows, please could you tell me what is meant by "shaved" bumpers? can't pick out just by looking, but she does seem to be a bit sleeker than the usual.....suspects? cheers, kk
Originally Posted by P-daddy
^ That means Front and rear bumperettes removed and the holes filled.
Gorgeous! Looks like a well loved example, and fairly priced. GLWS
Yes, what P-Daddy said. Thanks, Nam.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:54 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

ahh, of course, being in germany i am not used to seeing those at all on local 993's as that is a for the US 'mod' a la ferdinand...
another oddly misguided american 5 mph crash bumper safety feature
Old 09-23-2018, 07:35 PM
MezgerFan
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Wow, really nice. 993 is next on my list, but not ready yet. Too bad for me! Someone is going to get a fantastic car.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 AM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MezgerFan
Wow, really nice. 993 is next on my list, but not ready yet. Too bad for me! Someone is going to get a fantastic car.
+1

This is a truly loved vehicle.

I am just as **** as the OP but I don't have the funds to respray my C4S...

It definitely could use an exterior overhaul but the funds just aren't there.

This example looks to be in great shape. Miles don't mean a thing in some cases, this being one of them.

GLWS!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MezgerFan
Originally Posted by Kevin5236
+1

This is a truly loved vehicle.

I am just as **** as the OP but I don't have the funds to respray my C4S...

It definitely could use an exterior overhaul but the funds just aren't there.

This example looks to be in great shape. Miles don't mean a thing in some cases, this being one of them.

GLWS!!!
Thank you for the positive comments. It really is a great car, and only this unexpected opportunity to own another very special car would allow me to even consider letting this car go, hopefully to another enthusiast.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by Cowhorn
Bump
Mr. Cowhorn, take it from the friend who is mentioned on the first post to this Ad. That would be me. Do not sell this car. You will mis her against any water cooled comparison even if it is the ever sought after 991.2 GT3 you are now expecting. In the same breath I commend you for the exemplary care given to this car. My 4S is/was 5k miles less but very similar in spec, mods and price. Had I not already currently owned a 993C2S I would be all over this.

GLWS..!!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:24 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

Beautiful car... GLWS. Someone will really enjoy this car.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAB12

Mr. Cowhorn, take it from the friend who is mentioned on the first post to this Ad. That would be me. Do not sell this car. You will mis her against any water cooled comparison even if it is the ever sought after 991.2 GT3 you are now expecting. In the same breath I commend you for the exemplary care given to this car. My 4S is/was 5k miles less but very similar in spec, mods and price. Had I not already currently owned a 993C2S I would be all over this.

GLWS..!!
I hear you. I think about this every day.
Originally Posted by skl
Beautiful car... GLWS. Someone will really enjoy this car.
Thank you!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:52 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

My Recent cars and coffee experience has been as such: My 993 C2S gets more attention than a friend's Brand new GT2 RS. They'll look at the GT2 car understanding the power and performance it brings to the road, but they will always marvel at the aircooled rairity of these curvy widebodied machines and comment on it for hours. Just my 2 cents. Once again GLWS...
Old 09-29-2018, 01:03 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

This car is no longer for sale.

Quick Reply: 1998 993 Carrera S