Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:23 PM
ftunagur
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 62648
Color: Gray
VIN: WP0AA29996S715936
Price (no $ sign please): $33000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

2006 Porsche 911 Carrera
Six speed manual
Sunroof
Sport Chrono
Bose Audio
Black leather electric and heated seats
Car is located in Pleasanton, CA (45 minutes east of San Francisco)

I am the fourth owner of the car. I purchased it a little over 4 years ago from a gentleman in Connecticut who bought the car as a certified pre-owned in Houston, TX. I do not know much about the two previous owners. The third owner took great care of the car and transferred me all the paperwork. I will attach a lengthy summary of those maintenance items below, but the two major ones are as follows:
1. At 57076 miles, in November 2013, the transmission is replaced. The third owner told me that he complained to the dealer (Porsche of West Houston) that the shift from fourth to fifth was grinding. The dealer decided to replace the whole transmission unit. Hence the transmission on the car has only about 6000 miles on it.
2. At the same service (57076 miles, Nov 2013), water pump is replaced. I have the documentation and dealer invoices for those two items and all other maintenance records.

Since the car was in great shape, I only did regular maintenance on the car for the first two years. Then, in 2016, when we moved to the Bay Area, at around 60000 miles, I took my car to Kahlers Werkstatt in Dublin, CA (based on Rennlisters' recommendation) for its 60K major service. In addition to 60K service items, ignition coils were replaced, brake fluid was flushed, spark plugs were replaced, air and pollen filters were replaced, and finally the hood shocks were replaced. Since then I changed its oil and filter yearly as I am not putting too many miles on it. There are no over-revs on the car, but I frequently give it a good workout, and drive it across its rev range.

I truly enjoyed this car. Both driving it and finding it were big highlights. I was specifically looking for this particular spec: non-S as the motor revs a little more freely compared to the 3.8 motor, 18 inch wheels instead of 19s, no PASM, which to me felt a little bit more consistent and natural compared to early implementation of PASM system, and first gen 997, which to me sounded better than the second gen cars in their stock form. At the time that I was looking for one, I had to wait and be patient for the right car as there were not many in the market. I do not know much about the current market though. When I purchased the car, the third owner graciously took it for a PPI at SST Auto in Danbury, CT (again based on the recommendation of Rennlisters). In addition to the PPI, the ran an engine oil analysis and informed that there were no issues to worry about the engine's health. In terms of ownership, it has also been a blast. This is my only car that had not given me a single issue. Like its third owner, I always kept the car garaged. I never stored it and drove it throughout the year. Although my wife does not enjoy it very much, my son and my daughter love riding in the back and hearing the engine right behind them. I have never tracked the car, nor did the third owner as far as I know.

Climate control buttons are not in good shape. The next owner might want to recondition them.
I have Michelin Pilot Super Sports currently on the car.
I will also pass along the following items with the sale of the car:
Brand new replacement ignition switch trim (pic below)
Brand new replacement front bumper lower trim (driver's side) (I got those two before I purchased my car, but then never got to put them on)

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Maintenance 1.pdf (21.4 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by ftunagur; 07-29-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:30 AM
andy93si
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi there, have a couple questions for you regarding the 997 but I guess I can't yet send a PM as I don't have enough posts. Would you be able to send me a phone number I could reach you at to andymcgee@gmail.com

Thank you
Old 07-29-2018, 05:09 PM
ftunagur
Intermediate

I was apparently not very clear in my description; the car is in Pleasanton, CA (in the bay area, about 45 minutes east of San Francisco).
Old 08-26-2018, 07:02 PM
lawcdau
3rd Gear

very nice looking car. any accidents?
Old 08-26-2018, 07:28 PM
ftunagur
Intermediate

Thank you.

No, it does not have any accidents.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Wi29
AutoX

Default GTV6?

Bump for a well spec’d car. Oh and sharp Alfa
Old 08-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Dima86
1st Gear

If the car is still for sale could you reach out to me via email. Dpivnik@gmail.com
Old 08-27-2018, 10:11 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this car still for sale? thanks...
Old 08-27-2018, 11:38 AM
ftunagur
Intermediate

Yes, my car is still for sale.

Dima86, I have sent you an email.

Thanks Wi29 for the bump. My GTV6 is a cool car, nice sound and the interior has a unique smell, but the Alfa always requires constant attention unlike my 911, which has been bulletproof.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:49 PM
elise
2nd Gear

Beautiful example! Will be watching!

Quick Reply: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera