Notices
Vehicle Marketplace A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:



Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:


WTB 997.2 GTS Coupe, Manual

 
Old 07-27-2018, 12:52 AM
  #16  
SF911TT
User
 
SF911TT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 86
Default

Year: 2012
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 30000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $75000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

good luck with your search. i have almost that exact spec and it's well worth the hunt!
SF911TT is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 11:41 AM
  #17  
8Lug
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 126
Default

Well, I'm sad to report that it's official; The seller I was working with turned out to be a double dealing liar. After we had reached an agreement and I had a PPI scheduled he made up some story about having to leave the country for a business trip, while really doing a deal with another buyer just to get a few hundred extra bucks. The worst part is he knew that I was passing up on another GTS I had an opportunity to buy, which has since sold. Such a shame to see that from a fellow Rennlister. Anyway, my search for a GTS is officially back on.
Thank you to everyone for the continued leads. Please keep them coming.
8Lug is offline  
Old 07-28-2018, 12:00 PM
  #18  
ethan1
User
 
ethan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Posts: 65
Default

Originally Posted by 8Lug View Post
Well, I'm sad to report that it's official
The seller I was working with turned out to be a double dealing liar.
After we had reached an agreement and I had a PPI scheduled he made up some story about having to leave the country for a business trip, while really doing a deal with another buyer just to get a few hundred extra bucks.
The worst part is he knew that I was passing up on another GTS I had an opportunity to buy, which has since sold.
Such a shame to see that from a fellow Rennlister.
Anyway, my search for a GTS is officially back on.
Thank you to everyone for the continued leads. Please keep them coming.
​​​​​​

Believe it or not this is a very, very common issue when dealing with sellers of high end cars & exotics

Case in point:
https://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbf...41/index2.html

Good luck with your search and sorry to hear about (1) your situation, and (2) that is was a fellow RL.

You are a good man for not publicly calling him out.

ethan1 is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:01 PM
  #19  
8Lug
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 126
Default

Search continues
8Lug is offline  
Old 08-15-2018, 02:10 PM
  #20  
vshahani
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
vshahani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 28
Default

Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding another one!
vshahani is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 01:44 AM
  #21  
samwise
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 67
Default

Any luck?
samwise is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 09:39 AM
  #22  
8Lug
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by samwise View Post
Any luck?
Not yet. Came across what looked like a nice one but it had a very dirty carfax. Still actively searching. There was a like new Meteor Gray GTS convertible with only 8k miles that sold for $69k last week. I almost convinced myself that I would be happy with a cab but deep down inside I knew I'd just end spending the next few months trying to trade it for a coupe. As good of a deal as that was, it just wasn't the car for me.
8Lug is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 01:22 AM
  #23  
Targat2017
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jersey shore, USA
Posts: 74
Default

Available:

'12 GTS 6MT 40k mis
Sil/blk 4 owners
PSE, PASM, etc

PM me...
Targat2017 is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 02:08 AM
  #24  
Targat2017
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jersey shore, USA
Posts: 74
Default

hi,

GTS is in SE, NC (~550 miles from NJ); not my car, owner is not in a hurry, ask: $76k
got it a few months ago, but not what he expected(?); Meteor gray met/ blk; sorry, its 49k mis

sold by: throttlestop.com in Wisconsin
look for SOLD inventory for pics

732 477 one 223
or PM me

IMO- it could be a better/lower ask price
b/c miles are high, no chrono, 5 owners now
he has hist/docs though
(saw on for $50ks w/ 72k mis on web)

DavidA
Jersey shore
Targat2017 is offline  
Old 12-03-2018, 10:03 AM
  #25  
8Lug
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by Targat2017 View Post
hi,

GTS is in SE, NC (~550 miles from NJ); not my car, owner is not in a hurry, ask: $76k
got it a few months ago, but not what he expected(?); Meteor gray met/ blk; sorry, its 49k mis

sold by: throttlestop.com in Wisconsin
look for SOLD inventory for pics

732 477 one 223
or PM me

IMO- it could be a better/lower ask price
b/c miles are high, no chrono, 5 owners now
he has hist/docs though
(saw on for $50ks w/ 72k mis on web)

DavidA
Jersey shore
Thanks for the heads-up but that's a high ask indeed, considering that the Throttle Stop sold it for only $64k 3 months ago. I actually passed on that car when it was first for sale so I'm very familiar with it and its history. Thank you anyway.
I actually just snagged a like new, single owner 2012 M3 with only 7k miles on it so my GTS search is going into passive mode. If anything great pops up I'm still interested and ready to buy- but I'm done chasing.
8Lug is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 12:31 AM
  #26  
Targat2017
User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Jersey shore, USA
Posts: 74
Default

8lug-

M3 sounds nice! G. luck.

It did look a little odd- 3 months ownership.
So it seems he's into 'flipping' high end cars, no?

At $63k I would have been very interested.

I can not get ''what the sold price'' is from the websites like you did...
Is there a trick to it?

later,
DavidA
Targat2017 is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 02:04 AM
  #27  
raidersfan
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: On a plane between Dallas and LA
Posts: 867
Default

Originally Posted by 8Lug View Post
Thanks for the heads-up but that's a high ask indeed, considering that the Throttle Stop sold it for only $64k 3 months ago. I actually passed on that car when it was first for sale so I'm very familiar with it and its history. Thank you anyway.
I actually just snagged a like new, single owner 2012 M3 with only 7k miles on it so my GTS search is going into passive mode. If anything great pops up I'm still interested and ready to buy- but I'm done chasing.
GTS is overrated. I have driven one, and it is nice, but...GT4 blows it out of the water for not much more. More precise, more involvement, lighter, better suspension: more of everything people want out of the GTS. Best of all, you can actually get your pick of color and spec. You can also easily find a car with buckets. For GTS money if you need a 997 I would look at a 997 GT3. Now THAT is a special car.

If you really need a 997.2 with 4 seats, I say save the $ and get a C2S. Find one with S-PASM and sport seats; it is basically the same car.
raidersfan is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM
  #28  
8Lug
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Northeast
Posts: 126
Default

Originally Posted by Targat2017 View Post
8lug-

M3 sounds nice! G. luck.

It did look a little odd- 3 months ownership.
So it seems he's into 'flipping' high end cars, no?

At $63k I would have been very interested.

I can not get ''what the sold price'' is from the websites like you did...
Is there a trick to it?

later,
DavidA
People change change their minds, sometimes the car doesn't live up to their expectations, personal needs change, and many other reasons why someone may decide to sell a car they recently bought. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the seller is a flipper and if he is, that's his right.
I only "know" how much the car sold for because when I was talking to the Throttle Stop they were willing to sell it to me for $64k so I'm assuming current owner paid the same, or close to that amount.
8Lug is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 01:46 PM
  #29  
zygomatic
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 45
Default

Congrats on the M3 8lug

As someone else whose search for a GTS is currently ongoing, I'm hoping this thread stays active
zygomatic is offline  
Old 12-04-2018, 03:49 PM
  #30  
cbalster
New User
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3
Default WP0AB2A96BS721325 Guard Red GTS 6MT 45k

I have a guards red with alcantara and 45k miles. Has everything you're looking for. No curb rash on the CLs or body work, covered half bra. Front bumper and hood repainted for rock chips prior to my ownership, I think by Niello Porsche. Lifetime California car, I am the 4th owner. I'm located in San Francisco in case that's a dealbreaker. I was thinking of holding onto it at least another 6 months but since I saw this I figured I'd put it out there. Thanks, Chris
cbalster is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB 997.2 GTS Coupe, Manual


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.