Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1991 Porsche 911 Carerra 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 AM
MA135
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Porsche 911 Carerra 2

Year: 1991
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C2
Mileage (numbers only please): 85955
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AB2961MS411449
Price (no $ sign please): $65000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

General Information
1991 C2 5 speed (Late year production run so it had the factory head gaskets)
85,955 miles
Color is Black with Beige interior
Car has sunroof and no other options from factory

I will disclose everything I know about the car. I believe the car sits in the "driver" category. However it is a very nice car for this category of vehicle. It is a no "stories" car and needs nothing other than to be enjoyed.

Car has clean carfax, no evidence of any damage. Car underwent a thorough PPI at my time of purchase 1 year and 3 months ago, he noted no signs of any damage to the car. Compression and leak down test were solid and the PPI is attached. Engine pulls very strong.

Car has partial service records. First owner went through several moves in which he unfortunately lost some of the records. So I have what he had, which to me amounts to about half to 3/4 of what he did during his time with the car. I have every receipt for everything I've done in my year of ownership.

Car is mostly stock other than what follows:
Fitted with 17 inch Cup Design 92’s (car was originally fitted with D90’s which are not with the car)
-Wheels are Mille Miglia Replica's and dimensions are as follows
-Front: 7.5J x 17 ET 52
-Rear: 9J x 17 ET 47
Porsche factory RS Cup car suspension from the European RS Cup cars (I have receipt of this purchase and installation by previous owner in 1997)
3rd, 4th and 5th gears have been shortened
Lightweight flywheel
Quaife Limited Slip Differential
Steve Wong Chip (programmed for primary muffler bypass and lightweight flywheel)
FVD primary muffler bypass (stock muffler comes with car)
Car had G-pipe or secondary muffler bypass fitted when I purchased car, this comes with the car as well in case you like this setup better
Stock airbox was removed by previous owner and K&N cone filter installed. I have having stock airbox fitted.

Car has factory manuals, tool kit and air compressor

Condition
I put this car firmly on top of the “driver” quality category. Previous owner did some DE events with this car as disclosed to me upon my purchase, at some point the car did have a roll bar installed and fire extinguisher. Both have been removed and the only evidence present is underneath the car where you can see 4 small holes that are patched for the roll bar. In no way do I believe a few DE events have impacted the condition of this vehicle, just want to disclose it has seen very limited track time during it's early life.
Paint
Overall the paint is probably an 8 out of 10. Again everyones opinion will vary. The hood has been resprayed by previous owner. It has held up ok but does show some rock chips concurrent with use. There is some touch up work just above the left rear wheel, its it very hard to see unless your looking for it and up close.(There is a close up picture of this area at the end of the pictures) Also just above the exhaust pipe, it looks like something rubbed, you cannot see it unless you’re on the ground. In the same area of the rear bumper, there is a small spider/hairline surface crazing, looks like maybe something leaned against the plastic and slightly put a hairline craze in it during the previous owners time.(Also pictures of this area at the end of the pictures) The only question that will come up is, during hood respray, hood sticker was reapplied as there is adhesive residue present, but unfortunately the sticker was discarded at some point and is missing. There is no front end damage to this car though, verified from previous seller and PPI when I bought the car.

Interior
Interior is in excellent condition. Original stereo was replaced by Alpine CD player by previous onwer (stock unit is not with car).

Maintenance
I just had the 15k service(valve adjustment) performed in March, also during that service:
- new hood struts installed
- driver interior door handle had play in it, so this was fixed
- New engine drive belts installed
- Found some missing and worn grommets in the shifter pivot point, new grommets installed

-Tires were new when I purchased vehicle 1 year and 3 months ago, they are Continental Extreme Contacts, nearly full tread left

-During this service I also had him check through the whole car. I am very meticulous and always strive to have everything addressed on my cars. He noted lower engine cover not installed, I’m sure you’ve heard the debate on that one, and that most people leave it off due to excessive heat in the engine bay. I elected to continue not running a lower engine cover.
-He also found rack and pinion boots to be cracked and worn (I am taking care of this next week with my mechanic)
-He also noted a small amount of gear oil weeping from the top of the front cover of transmission needing a new gasket (This will also be fixed next week)
-I was also planning on having a stock airbox fitted during this service. Currently a K&N cone filter on it.

What it needs:
Honestly, after those few items get cleaned up next week, the car is all sorted. There are two small items that will need to be addressed in the future that I see:
-Felt sunroof seal is starting to crack in one or two places, probably has a year or two left in it.
-Driver side door seal probably has a year or two left before it needs to be replaced, has a small crack where you foot might hit it while getting in.

Other than this I do not see anything that the car needs. It’s ready to be enjoyed.

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Family needs dictate selling of this vehicle, all reasonable offers will be considered. I am committed to a pleasant and transparent selling and buying experience. PPI's are welcome and I have disclosed everything I know about my vehicle. Thanks!
I will also list my car on PCA.org and Excellence for those not on here.

Slight crazing on bumper.

Touch up on bumper. This is very low and you cannot see it while standing at normal height.

Touch up just above wheel. You have be looking and fairly close up to see it. I elected to leave it as is.

adam.mogel@gmail.com

Last edited by MA135; 05-08-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:14 PM
MA135
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pending Sale. Thanks everyone for their interest!
Old 05-09-2018, 09:21 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts

Good Stuff! Great car, buyer will be happy!
Old 05-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that ladies and gentlemen, is how you sell a car. Bravo.

Quick Reply: 1991 Porsche 911 Carerra 2