Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2019 Porsche GT3RS Spec-able position

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 11:22 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 2019
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $65000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
We are volunteers who monitor this site in our spare time. Contrary to popular belief, this is not a job and far from full time for any of us.

Report unsavory activity and we respond as quickly as we can.
Thank you for that explanation. I didn’t realize that and I thank you for your volunteered time. It’s frustrating to be trying to do legitimate business on here and get the abuse.

For the poster that asked, yes, these ads work. We have sold several cars and several allocations through these ads. That’s why we still pay for the sponsorship and post.

For that set of you who don’t like ADM’s or flipping, this is our business. It’s how we feed our families. We’ve invested millions of dollars in inventory and part of our business is speculating on positions. Not just Porsche positions, but Ferrari’s, Aston Martins, Lamborghinis, Mercedes, Mclaren’s and more. We lay our money out, sometimes a year ahead of time and take the risk on cars we think will sell over sticker. Sometimes we’re right, and sometimes we’re wrong. But we take the risk and as such have the right to make a profit if we can. We would never pass judgment on how you earn a living, and ask for the same respect.

i am all for people expressing their opinions, but the Vehicle Marketplace is not the place to do it, there are plenty of other areas in these forums where you can start your own thread and rant as much as you want.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:15 AM
Jim55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG USA
For that set of you who don’t like ADM’s or flipping, this is our business.
Hello Porsche, are you listening? I thought you were was supposed to be cracking down on the flippers and encouraging dealers to sell to actual customers. Not sure it's even flipping since they are selling the allocation before they even buy it. Doesn't seem like a great business model for Porsche plus they won't get much service work since not many people will drive them in fear of losing value. It's sad the coolest, fastest, best looking cars Porsche makes will get driven the least.

GLWS...of the allocation
Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Vtgt3
Track Day

The reason you are getting so much backlash, is because the market is purely being driven by speculators/broker/flippers. Its not a problem of a shortage of GT cars for an actual end user. Its a problem of all the cars being gobbled up by brokers/etc, just to sit in inventory, and cause a shortage......... just so that you can make 10s of thousands of dollars, for simply taking a phone call from an interested buyer.

That's what is pissing everyone off. 100s of allocations being stripped away from potential customers at the dealer level.

I bought my 996, 997.1, and 997.2 GT3s straight from the dealer. Paid sticker, and didn't get any runaround. These days, I can't get an allocation, even for a regular GT3, because the two dealers I work with sold all of their allocations to Brokers.

Im sure you will argue that there is not enough cars, and that's the only reason the market is what it is...... But it doesn't take much common sense to evaluate the overall distribution of current cars, and the skydive that the 991.1 market is in now....... especially on the RS.

Its going to aggravate people that the brokers are making huge margins, and manipulating the market. We all have to feed our family's, and price gouging with a high margin, and low effort, is going to generate backlash. I'm sure it is very annoying for you........ but I feel you gotta just take the good with the bad, with that sort of business practice.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:07 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I listed this for $85K over on another forum. Will keep you posted. I can make another $20K juice for myself on this one easy.

I'm throwing in free clear sidemarkers too.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:29 AM
burningpetrol
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vtgt3
The reason you are getting so much backlash, is because the market is purely being driven by speculators/broker/flippers. Its not a problem of a shortage of GT cars for an actual end user. Its a problem of all the cars being gobbled up by brokers/etc, just to sit in inventory, and cause a shortage......... just so that you can make 10s of thousands of dollars, for simply taking a phone call from an interested buyer.

That's what is pissing everyone off. 100s of allocations being stripped away from potential customers at the dealer level.

I bought my 996, 997.1, and 997.2 GT3s straight from the dealer. Paid sticker, and didn't get any runaround. These days, I can't get an allocation, even for a regular GT3, because the two dealers I work with sold all of their allocations to Brokers.

Im sure you will argue that there is not enough cars, and that's the only reason the market is what it is...... But it doesn't take much common sense to evaluate the overall distribution of current cars, and the skydive that the 991.1 market is in now....... especially on the RS.

Its going to aggravate people that the brokers are making huge margins, and manipulating the market. We all have to feed our family's, and price gouging with a high margin, and low effort, is going to generate backlash. I'm sure it is very annoying for you........ but I feel you gotta just take the good with the bad, with that sort of business practice.
Well said. I, myself am involved in a side project with my brother that also largely involves speculation, albeit, not in the exotic car market. You certainly have to take the good with the bad and anticipate the backlash from customers due to supply shortages. That said, this situation is quite a bit different because nearly all of the supply has been strangled by brokers. I was #3 on the list for the 992 GT3 (~2020) at my local dealer and they still could not 100% guarantee me a spot 3.5 years in advance, for a car that does not even exist yet at that. Complete 180 from 7-10 years ago. Ended up canceling to get a 997 GT3 in the meantime because I just did not want to deal with the bs. Perhaps Porsche needs to work with guys like AMG to give them set allocations for customers that are actually going drive and enjoy their vehicles, rather than reducing them to garage relics. Also completely revamping the VIP program wouldn't be a terrible idea considering the great success that has brought...
Old 04-11-2018, 10:34 AM
Vtgt3
Track Day

No kidding. I put my deposit down for the 991.2, just as the 991.1 was released...... 3+ years in advance, and was first in line at one dealer, and very high on the list at the other. And now they have both told me that it is unlikely I will get a car?!?!

Got a buddy that is a tech at one of the dealers, and has seen 12 991.2 GT3s come and go. Guess what, they all landed on an enclosed transport, headed to a reseller......
Old 04-11-2018, 10:46 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I listed this for $85K over on another forum. Will keep you posted. I can make another $20K juice for myself on this one easy.

Great idea and you should actually do this and list in the FS ad section, why not it is just like the OP listing his future.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:25 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,072 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Vtgt3
I think everyone understands the situation, and an expression comes to mind: "Hate the game, not the player". In my humble opinion this is PCNA's issue to solve, not Rennlist.

You asked people to report fraud when they see it, consider this me reporting it.
There is a report post button in every post, use that.

Bottom line, buying a sponsorship or membership comes with access to post in these forums. Such access should come with some amount of cover not to be harassed. We are seeing this more and more with individuals trying to capitalize on some rising values getting beat up for "asking too much". Or God forbid someone bought a car under market & is flipping it.....
Even people who just feel their product is nicer than most and would like to try and get a few more dollars out of it. So what? Let it be...if someone else feels it's worth it, they'll buy it.

We don't want these threads turning into a complete sh*t show. It's really simple:

1. If you have nothing positive to add or a legitimate question about the product, don't post.
2. If you suspect something fishy, report the post (by using the report post button) so the Mods and IB can look into it.

Years ago Ferrari got burned with the F40 when speculators bought up inventory and suddenly they were selling for 7 figures. With the F50 they were leased only, approved buyers. Ferrari recognized the issue & fixed it.
Complain to Porsche, not Rennlist. I have no idea the legality of such things, that would be for IB to step in and make a decision. Otherwise, please just keep things civil.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

I apologize to AMG for replying to this thread, not related directly to the sell. Good luck on your business -- my simple point was and is this type of listing might be better suited in a separate venue, not vehicle marketplace.

In any case, best of luck.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Will you throw in XPEL Clear Bra?

Unless you got the connection/relationship with your dealer, you're going to have to pay to play in the GT world - especially for RS allocations these days. This will probably be a deal when these start arriving ($65k over)
Old 04-11-2018, 01:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

GLWS AGM.

What a bunch of BS .....again.

A Rennlister can list and sell a car over MSRP and it's A-OK.

A business person lists a car for sale over MSRP and everyone gets their thong in a twist.

Start living your life based on VALUE and NOT on price. The price of something is completely meaningless. What is the v a l u e to you? That's all that matters.

I hope the buyer of this allocation has a fun experience and enjoys the new car.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:07 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

In life there are always going to be winners and losers, haves and haves nots. The losers and the have nots are not going to be kind to the winners and the haves. Round and round we go with life. I was a loser and a have not when it came to securing a .2 GT3 allocation at sticker. But in other areas of life I am a winner and a have, for which I'm grateful.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:10 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LexVan
GLWS AGM.

What a bunch of BS .....again.

A Rennlister can list and sell a car over MSRP and it's A-OK.

A business person lists a car for sale over MSRP and everyone gets their thong in a twist.

Start living your life based on VALUE and NOT on price. The price of something is completely meaningless. What is the v a l u e to you? That's all that matters.

I hope the buyer of this allocation has a fun experience and enjoys the new car.
Totally agree. Do people flame a 918 owner for selling his car for $1.5 million when the sticker was only $900k? No, because that's what the market says the car is worth. The market sets the price of cars, not the manufacturer. And it works both ways. Lots of cars are worth more than MSRP due to demand, but there are lots that are worth less. You can buy a new Ferrari Lusso or a new Bentley Bentayga way back of sticker, because that's what the market is says its worth. If manufacturers want to adjust their prices or production numbers up or down so that supply perfectly meets demand, then the MSRP they set will be the number.
Old 04-11-2018, 02:16 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by AMG USA
Totally agree. Do people flame a 918 owner for selling his car for $1.5 million when the sticker was only $900k? No, because that's what the market says the car is worth. The market sets the price of cars, not the manufacturer. And it works both ways. Lots of cars are worth more than MSRP due to demand, but there are lots that are worth less. You can buy a new Ferrari Lusso or a new Bentley Bentayga way back of sticker, because that's what the market is says its worth. If manufacturers want to adjust their prices or production numbers up or down so that supply perfectly meets demand, then the MSRP they set will be the number.
I don't think your doing yourself any favors responding to these posts. Your just fanning the flames. Post when you have something available. Post when it is sold. Your not going to all of a sudden get people to agree with you, so why try?
Old 04-11-2018, 02:18 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jmann2380
I don't think your doing yourself any favors responding to these posts. Your just fanning the flames. Post when you have something available. Post when it is sold. Your not going to all of a sudden get people to agree with you, so why try?

Good Advice, which I will heed. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2019 Porsche GT3RS Spec-able position