Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

CPO 2015 911 GTS - SF Bay Area, Warranty to July 2021

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 04:26 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CPO 2015 911 GTS - SF Bay Area, Warranty to July 2021

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 4600
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: White
VIN: WP0AB2A9XFS125883
Price (no $ sign please): $108000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

My family and I are leaving California for Idaho and I'm considering whether my CPO 2015 911 GTS makes the trip or stays behind. It was purchased certified pre-owned almost exactly 1 year ago today for $115,895 from Niello Porsche (not including cost of LoJack and clear bra it has on it). The CPO gives it warranty coverage until July 18, 2021 and as of this minute the mileage is at 4,546 (I've put 3,586 miles on over the last year).

There are a number of HFS thread posts from that sale: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8636...l#post14019019

I've gotten a few dealer offers in the mid to upper 90k range, but before I go that route I want to gauge if there is any interest from Rennlist at a fair price for both parties without giving dealers a cut... I would leave it in CA for a reasonable price, I think I'll move it to Idaho before selling in the $95k range and $20k depreciation hit.

PM me if interested, it is leased so title would come from PFS and we would need to work out bill of sale to pay off the buyout and my remaining equity. Or, perhaps with a small brokerage fee we can complete the sale/transfer through a friendly dealer.

Update 3/18: It is currently at the dealer have 1-year oil change service performed (didn't hit the mileage requirement obviously this year). The rear passenger tire must have picked up a nail or damage yesterday as I drove it to a couple of dealerships getting dealer purchase quotes; it was flat today when I went to drive it to the dealer for the oil change. It was holding air fine so I was able to drive it over (no flatbed) and they'll be inspecting and advising. I will update with resolution, it happens on our wonderful CA roads. 🙄

Update 3/18 (2): Rear passenger tire is inner tread, dealer says it cannot be repaired. Driver rear is at 5/9 so they need to be replaced as a pair... rather than putting more rear P Zeros on it, a full set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires have been purchased and are being shipped to the dealer ($1,700 total including mount/balance). Fresh tires, but also increasing the asking price on the car to $108,000. Tires will be brand new at least, and an upgrade over the P Zeros.

CarFax Report (PDF via Dropbox)

Last edited by encyphor; 03-07-2018 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added link to CarFax report.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:42 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Just out of curiosity, If its leased how are dealers offering you a cash offering?
Old 03-06-2018, 04:56 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

I don't think I've ever turned in a lease of any car at the end... two prior leases I've shopped the vehicle back to the dealers in the area (in both cases my residual/buyout was much lower than market value). By selling the vehicle back to a dealer at above resididual, equity is realized rather than doing a lease turn-in. Whether you opt to buy it out early, or at lease end, as long as someone is paying the lease pay-off I don't think lessor cares if it is a dealer. I believe dealers like this as they get the opportunity to acquire the vehicle without it going through auction .
Old 03-06-2018, 05:17 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

I’ve Never leased a PORSCHE but in my past experiences leasing high and Mercedes S classes and BMW seven series I’ve always found the residual quite high to lower the lease payments. So if PORSCHE Artificially lowers the residual, or the lease payments extremely high?
Old 03-06-2018, 05:58 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by gellie
I’ve Never leased a PORSCHE but in my past experiences leasing high and Mercedes S classes and BMW seven series I’ve always found the residual quite high to lower the lease payments. So if PORSCHE Artificially lowers the residual, or the lease payments extremely high?
It really just depends on the manufacturer and make/model... Audi's have notoriously low residuals while BMWs are well known for inflated residuals (I have to assume BMWFS writes off a loss on their inflated residuals). Past leases I sold for $5k-10k equity recapture above residual were Toyota 4Runner and Chevrolet 3/4-ton Suburban leases with sub 50% residuals on 36-month least terms. It is true, the lower the residuals, the more you're paying in principal in monthly lease payment, and (depending on state) sales tax paid per month... so that results in higher payments.

Looping back to my vehicle for sale here, I used Porsche's lease program available for CPO vehicles and also put in a bit of cash to lower the payments (not always advisable, but I did because I wanted to bring the monthly payment down). Ultimately a loan just boils down to the difference between sales price and residual value, sales tax, and money factor (cost of borrowing) over the term.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

great looking car! GLWS.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:40 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Wouldn't the dealer also get a decent Tax break by going this route also?

Sorry, if this is taking it too far off topic, I can delete..

Beautiful car, so clean in the white. But, I guess it's not Carrara white, otherwise it'd be specified as such, correct?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:23 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

I have had a few folks ask if I have a CarFax report... I do and I can share it here on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yyvtuhvs9...03-07.pdf?dl=0
Old 03-07-2018, 07:32 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NoogaSparrow
Wouldn't the dealer also get a decent Tax break by going this route also?

Sorry, if this is taking it too far off topic, I can delete..

Beautiful car, so clean in the white. But, I guess it's not Carrara white, otherwise it'd be specified as such, correct?
Correct... standard white, not Carrera white.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 PM
mdosu
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow, being able to relocate to Idaho is a dream from a cost of living perspective. Just curious, what is the purpose of the move and what town?

I love that part if the country. I think I'll retire in Wyoming or Montana myself
Old 03-07-2018, 08:33 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mdosu
Wow, being able to relocate to Idaho is a dream from a cost of living perspective. Just curious, what is the purpose of the move and what town?

I love that part if the country. I think I'll retire in Wyoming or Montana myself
And a quality of life perspective too! I love the Boise and McCall areas. Driggs is great too! Skiing and riding a bike certainly beats sitting in Bay Area traffic
Old 03-07-2018, 09:17 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mdosu

Eagle, ID / Boise Metro area is where we're headed.

Eagle/Boise is very appealing for us for a number of reasons... certainly cost of living (paying cash for a house), state politics, better business tax environment, and great access to outdoor activities (skiing/snowboarding, fishing, camping, hunting, etc.).

Given the forum we're in and luxury toys we're privy to, the cost of living obviously isn't forcing me out. However, watching housing prices go into the stratosphere, I employ too many younger software developers/consultants that simply can't afford to buy a home (unless dual-income). A $600k-$700k entry point for 930sqft in the East Bay in a not-so-nice neighborhood is just crazy, and it only gets worse as you head toward the South Bay.

We can provide services to our west coast clients from any of the regional states; I want employees to enjoy a better quality of life than what our billable rates can support now in the SF Bay Area. I'm looking forward to recruiting new developers from Boise State and I hope they have a better lifestyle than achievable in the Bay Area.

Without getting too political, I'm just not onboard with legislative direction of CA (taxes, sanctuary protections, etc.) for the housing prices and taxes we're now paying… I'm throwing in the towel for greener pastures and couldn't be more excited for the move.
Old 03-08-2018, 01:47 PM
LK9999
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can the Cup Kit wing be removed?
Old 03-08-2018, 03:43 PM
encyphor
Intermediate

It can be... I had originally considered just going ducktail (but then the aerokit grew on me). From my past research, an easy swap would be to the ducktail (in primer) and have it painted white to match the car. Personally, I would probably hold onto the original aerokit so that if next buyer wants the car to exactly match build sheet, you have the part. I don't think going ducktail would require replacing the front aerokit diffuser from an aero perspective.

Here's a link to the "ducktail" as well as aerokit cup: https://www.suncoastparts.com/catego..._By=disp_order

I think i read some other threads on rennlist about just removing the wing... I believe you would have some mounting holes that would need to be plugged or made more visually appealing. I think that if I really wanted to remove the wing, I'd do it right and replace with the ducktail spoiler to make it clean.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:02 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LK9999
Can the Cup Kit wing be removed?
Yeah, we see the same exodus to Central Oregon. Seattleites and NoCal'ers bailing out for a reasonable cost of living and a more reasonable tax structure. I tried to by a car in CA once and drive it home: they told me I would have to pay CA sales tax, even though I am not registering the car there!

Quick Reply: CPO 2015 911 GTS - SF Bay Area, Warranty to July 2021