Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 2009 997.1 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 01:32 AM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 2009 997.1 911 Turbo

Year: 2009
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 45000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I am looking for a 2009 997.1 911 Turbo. This will be my first Porsche, and it's one of my favorite bodies (and ofc the Mezger motor!).

I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA!

Must meet the following criteria:
-Manual
-Coupe
-Sport Chrono Package (including sport steering wheel)
-Under 45,000 miles
-Any color but silver
-Interior color doesn't matter

I have been searching for a LONG time for a well-optioned version, but it seems like everyone bought them in the tiptronic variant; how sad

I know about 30% (~200 units) of sales for that model year were made in manual, and even less if you consider some were convertible.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:16 AM
Avfc80
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a rare beast!
Old 05-10-2018, 10:31 AM
Avfc80
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Avfc80
Nice, with aerokit and adaptive sport seats, too. Rare car.

And just smh at the DME weenies in the comment section.
Old 05-10-2018, 01:21 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

That's a rare beast!
I know! I've been looking for a long time. I let one slip away. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yes, I follow BAT, and I've been following that auction (I have alerts setup for this car haha). That one has a minor rear bumper incident, and I really don't like the color. Anything but silver, remember? haha

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Nice, with aerokit and adaptive sport seats, too. Rare car.

And just smh at the DME weenies in the comment section.
Yea, I'm not too worried about DME over-rev readouts. I feel like everyone on BAT focus on that too much, especially for the 997.1/2 GT3's.

I think the aero kits look better on the 997.2 turbos, imho.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:55 PM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't see anything wrong with the DME readout on the BAT car...unless I'm missing something? Just a hand full. Turbos will have a few more than NA cars typically and usually a few in Range 3.

YOU may not care about the DME scan but the next guy will. And it is a good indicator of how the car was driven. I'm actually okay with seeing a DME like the one on this car vs some of the 997.1 GT3s that show up with a seller touting "zero overrevs" with 40k miles...which is complete and udder bull$hit! So seeing a zero is an indicator somebody cleared the DME.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:18 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSpilner
I am looking for a 2009 997.1 911 Turbo. This will be my first Porsche, and it's one of my favorite bodies (and ofc the Mezger motor!).

I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA!

Must meet the following criteria:
-Manual
-Coupe
-Sport Chrono Package (including sport steering wheel)
-Under 45,000 miles
-Any color but silver
-Interior color doesn't matter

I have been searching for a LONG time for a well-optioned version, but it seems like everyone bought them in the tiptronic variant; how sad

I know about 30% (~200 units) of sales for that model year were made in manual, and even less if you consider some were convertible.
Did you use the search app @ pors9 to find what was actually built .. if not you should https://**********/vehiclesearch/
Old 05-10-2018, 10:54 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pors9
Did you use the search app @ pors9 to find what was actually built .. if not you should https://**********/vehiclesearch/
I actually signed up for it right after I created this thread. Got approved this morning for the membership. I will start the search tonight.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:57 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wheeler
I didn't see anything wrong with the DME readout on the BAT car...unless I'm missing something? Just a hand full. Turbos will have a few more than NA cars typically and usually a few in Range 3.

YOU may not care about the DME scan but the next guy will. And it is a good indicator of how the car was driven. I'm actually okay with seeing a DME like the one on this car vs some of the 997.1 GT3s that show up with a seller touting "zero overrevs" with 40k miles...which is complete and udder bull$hit! So seeing a zero is an indicator somebody cleared the DME.
I plan on this being a "forever car". Not to mention, 10 years from now when these things appreciate (they should) and even few are left, the DME readouts won't mean much. That's my logic.

I was merely getting at the fact that a lot of people focus too much on the DME readout. Buy it, drive it, enjoy it.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:37 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes for a turbo that DME is excellent. I so hate the DME BS. Drive the damn thing.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:59 AM
wheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brian...Did you see the Ruby Red one at Intersport Performance? They've had that a while, like when I was looking a year ago. Freaking great specs!! But not sure I can get around the ruby red, probably my personal least favorite color. Could certainly wrap it, but the console of course is colored on this one too.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:48 AM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Brian...Did you see the Ruby Red one at Intersport Performance? They've had that a while, like when I was looking a year ago. Freaking great specs!! But not sure I can get around the ruby red, probably my personal least favorite color. Could certainly wrap it, but the console of course is colored on this one too.
I did, however, that has the non-sport steering wheel. Yuck. The ruby red I can get past, though.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

At least 2 years, actually. They had it when I was shopping, and IIRC before that it had sat unsold in Florida for a while at another dealership before being bought by them at auction.

I might have pursued it (love the color + aero) but I probably wouldn't like the bucket seats and the PCCB rotors have been swapped to irons.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:18 PM
BrianSpilner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skwerl
At least 2 years, actually. They had it when I was shopping, and IIRC before that it had sat unsold in Florida for a while at another dealership before being bought by them at auction.

I might have pursued it (love the color + aero) but I probably wouldn't like the bucket seats and the PCCB rotors have been swapped to irons.
I have come to the realization that most Porsche owners are "boring" (no disrespect) due to the fact that they only buy black, silver, and white cars. The other colors sit on dealership lots for ages!
Old 05-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Nate2046
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSpilner
I did, however, that has the non-sport steering wheel. Yuck. The ruby red I can get past, though.
What you’re looking for is very rare. If the only thing holding you back on this particular example is the steering wheel option, you’re thinking about this all wrong.

Quick Reply: WTB: 2009 997.1 911 Turbo