Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche Boxster w/ AndroidAuto, CarPlay, Backup Camera,

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 02:08 PM
dontquixote
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Porsche Boxster w/ AndroidAuto, CarPlay, Backup Camera,

Year: 2005
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Cont. Porsche Models: Boxster
Mileage (numbers only please): 86500
Color: Atlas Gray
VIN: WP0CA298X5U711901
Price (no $ sign please): $14000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Up for sale is my garage kept 2005 Porsche Boxster with 86,x00 Miles. The color is a Atlas Gray Metallic. The car looks like a different color in different lighting. The color of the car during dusk and sundown is so beautiful.

Comes with 2 sets of Keys.
Pleases give me a call or text at 571-445-8937 and come in for a test drive.

==MODS==
I made very tasteful mods to this car. I added a backup camera with the top of the line Kenwood ddx9904 ($800) that has bluetooth, CarPlay and AndroidAuto support with Fast charging.

The Car stereo blends super well with the interior, looks very classic and like stock, something I put very much time into.

In addition, I swapped out all the interior lights and trunk lights with LEDs and changed the exterior orange side marker to the clear side marker. These changes were dramatic in making the car look and fell mordern. No more orange lights on the interior and the exterior which will make it seem dated. Even without those this car looks modern due to its Porsche design and the fact that porsche used this design on their cars till 2013.

Finally, I also change the Boxster logo on the back on the car to the Modern PORSCHE logo that you can find on the recent Porsche models.

These updates make this car look very modern as well as having the functionality that beats most of the modern cars.

==MECHANICAL==
The car is in excellent condition with a clean title. Absolutely no problems with the car mechanically. The only slight issue if anything is that when the music is really loud you can hear a slight buzz on the right speaker. However, it is not noticeable in regular hearing condition. I have quite sensitive ears.

Also, the front trunk doesn't open when you don't the car for a long time. If you drive the car for a bit the front trunk will open up without problems. I am not quite sure what the issue is. I haven't checked it out yet, but I cant imagine it to be a hard fix.

That is all the issues of the car that I am aware of!

This car comes with a list of receipts of all the services done on the car throughout its life starting from the purchase from the dealer.

It had regular Mobil1 oil changes, and one done ~2000 miles ago, as well as new tires less than ~1000 miles, new front breaks.

This car had all of its major known failures fixed according to the 987 buyers guide such as the water pump and the Air Oil Separator that you can find on the forums.

Also the convertible top had been fixed last so you won't have any issues there.

I average about 24 miles per gallon on this car.

== Interior ==
Looks great. especially with the new LED lights and the stereo. Some slight used marks on the car due to its age. But overall very clean.

== Conclusion ==
I promise you, you won't be getting a better deal on a Porsche than this.

Yes there are cheaper Boxsters out there. However, you won't be getting the lifetime service history on the car and the maintenance on the car could outweigh the benefits of the lower price. This car you are getting a mechanically solid car. All the major problems you can expect in a Porsche 987 has been fixed so you won't spend thousands to fix it up. Just drive!

Not only that you will have bluetooth! Something that you won't find in a Porsche 987. Let alone the backup camera.. that even has Android Auto and CarPlay for apple iphones.

I also have the Maryland Vehicle Inspection so you have at least some Guarantee that the car is good and you won't have to pay extra when you register the car.

Pleases give me a call or text at 571-445-8937 and come in for a test drive.

Last edited by dontquixote; 03-14-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Change of price
Old 02-07-2018, 09:39 AM
dontquixote
8th Gear

I live in the VA, DC, MD (DMV region near DC!
Old 02-28-2018, 05:28 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 668 Likes on 462 Posts

I love that first photo! GLWS.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:51 PM
dontquixote
8th Gear

Bumping it up~ lowered the price to $14000

Quick Reply: Porsche Boxster w/ AndroidAuto, CarPlay, Backup Camera,