Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 993 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 10:44 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 1996 993 C4S Sold

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 86150
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Midnight Blue
VIN: WPOAA2996TS321502
Price (no $ sign please): $67900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): South
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For sale 1996 993 C4S. I have decided to move into a newer 911. I have no doubt that I will miss this wonderful car. It has been a ton of fun for the 7 years that I have owned it. I am meticulous about my cars and have kept this vehicle in top shape. While it is not a garage queen, it is an extremely nice condition driver with minimal wear. I have only driven in dry conditions on the weekends to car shows and the occasional trip to Porsche Palooza in Arkansas. I have a lot of records but not everything from day one. I am the 5th owner and I purchased the car with 64,500 miles on it 7 years ago. My car has 86,170 miles and is midnight blue over cashmere leather. 8-way power front seats. Motor sound package with wide oval exhaust tips. Mufflers have been modified for a deeper tone (LPMM). Sounds great and not obnoxious. The 4S model gives you the 911 turbo suspension, brakes, all wheel drive, and turbo wide body. The spoiler on the car is aftermarket replica of the turbo tail that came from the factory. This car has no known accidents.

Records I have are as follows from prior owners
53k miles - 64k miles
Oil cooler resistor replaced
Spark plug wires replaced
Cooling fan hub and bearing replaced
Spark plugs, distributor caps, ignition rotors
Alternator
Brake accumulator, brake master cylinder
Oil changed at 53k, 55k, 59k

Service under my ownership beginning at 64,500 miles
Oxygen sensor and oil change 65,358
New suspension - Koni FSD Shocks and Porsche M033 Springs
Top end rebuild 65,545 - detailed record of all work includes motor mounts
Flywheel, RMS, Clutch disc, transmission fluid - 65,783
Front rotors, pads, sensors, front differential, oil change, stabilizer drop links 68,216
Brake fluid, clutch flush, oil change 73,371
New starter 73,547
Hollow spoke wheels refinished 74,648
Shift rod replaced, transmission flush 74,861
Oil change 78,487
Engine air filter 79,700
Brake fluid flush, transmission flush 80,925
Right side Upper & lower lifters and valve cover gaskets 81,000
Oil change 82,487
Headlight lens replaced, upgrade to HID headlights
LED parking lights
New Kenwood head unit with Bluetooth and iPhone streaming
Factory speakers replaced - JL Audio front & Polk Audio rear
New battery 12/31/15

Carfax shows a couple of maintenance entries at 23k and 31k.

The aftermarket steering wheel will be replaced with the original steering wheel and is not part of this sale. Paint is in great shape. Front bra has been applied to the front bumper, half of the hood, and side view mirrors. I normally perform a paint correction every 2 years followed by a ceramic coating. Deep wet luster to paint. Prior owner did address stone chips by repainting front bumper, hood, A pillars, fenders and blended into doors. The A pillars have a little orange peel texture. Pretty hard to see. No door dings. Small quarter size indention in front of gas cap door from my elbow when changing the cabin filter...PDR guy quoted $125 to pop out. Car looks 5 years old vs 21 years. Interior is great shape. Leather shows normal wear on drivers seat and side bolster. Passenger seat is in excellent shape. Carpets are good with no stains except for shoe rub marks around pedal cluster. A few stone chips in front bra as photographed. One small chip in front windshield as pictured. Windshield is 21years old and has some peppering from road debris. Front hood shocks are getting weak. A new pair will be included in the sale. Everything works on the car. The heater is acting up. Sometimes you get heat only with the temp **** is turned to max. Other times it works as it should. All rubber is in great shape. 4 new tires with 1000 miles on them. Left chain tensioner gasket and valve cover gasket are just beginning to show some oil collecting on the lower edge. It is not dripping on the floor. Common issue for air cooled 911's. The car comes with 2 keys, 1 key remote, and owners manual with records described above. I am located in the Dallas, TX area (Plano). I am looking at another newer 911 in the local market. As long as the other car is for sale I will sell my car. If the car I am interested in gets purchased I will most likely take my car off the market. Motivated to sell in the next few weeks. PPI welcome.

Last edited by csmab; 12-22-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: pic order
Old 12-14-2017, 11:57 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 361 Posts
Default More info

hello, I am interested in your car. I am a PCA member located in Miami Beach. Can you please let call or text me so we can have a chat? Cell: 786-266-7687. Thank you.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:29 AM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Text message sent. Thx
Old 12-15-2017, 02:33 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Sale pending.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:16 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Maticulous owner... this guy spent 40 hours detailing his car the first week of ownership. I always felt guilty for not caring as much for my car.

His only sin is not enjoying the car by driving it more often.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:32 PM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

The pictures do NOT do this car justice. (Trash cans in the background? Really?) I have seen it in person many times. The paint is amazing in the sunlight. First off it's a great color. Looks black in shadows and a rich blue in the sunlight. But this owner is extremely meticulous. On THIS particular car the paint really comes alive. No swirls. (I always try to find some to bug him.) Whatever glass cote wizardry he uses gives it stunning depth. This car has won the 993 division at Porsche Palooza many years in a row.

Very nicely set up too. Exhaust sounds great. I can't believe he's selling it. Not surprised it's pending sale after an hour.

Last edited by tx targa; 12-15-2017 at 08:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2017, 12:58 AM
union
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by csmab
Sale pending.
Wow, great car and a good deal. Has the market soften that much for the C4S? Id think the car is at least a $75K+ level?
Old 12-16-2017, 11:19 PM
Chazcamp
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sold or not?

919-564-5609 interested
Old 12-18-2017, 01:45 AM
afshinbahrami
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by csmab
Sale pending.
hello, please let me know the sale status? i am intrested in your car. If available, please call or text : 949-456-9285. thank you, Afshin Bahrami.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:17 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Describing the seller as meticulous is an understatement. This is a beautiful, well cared for car and the seller is an honest, straight shooter. Buyer will be very happy with this purchase. Seller, not so much...............
Old 12-18-2017, 05:49 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all of the interest. The deal should be completed Tuesday/Wed. I will alert the group if the deal falls through. The sale transaction will be handled through RAC Performance since they have a vehicle that I am interested in. This should give any buyer the comfort of a smooth transaction from a well known dealer in the Dallas area. Below are a few photos of the underside of the engine showing where some of the weeping is occurring.

Old 12-18-2017, 06:03 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Old 12-22-2017, 10:58 PM
csmab
Rennlist Member

Sold

Quick Reply: 1996 993 C4S