Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 GT4 - Sapphire Blue, LWB, 6330 miles, REDUCED

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 12:39 PM
ryem3
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 6340
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Traction Control
Color: Sapphire blue
VIN: WP0AC2A81GK192359
Price (no $ sign please): $94000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by AW
Sold for 93K (sticker was 98K and change). This was a pretty weak market for a GT car...
Should be happy you got out in December; it will be softer in Feb. I wonder if this is symbolic of the real market for manual cars. I think it's always going to be a challenging market for a great car, but one that has very limited purpose and appeal.
Originally Posted by raidersfan
Sapphire is the best color, too! Heck, I still would pay $5k to own a GT4 for a couple of years.
IF you could get a GT4 at sticker, which you certainly couldn't a few years ago. As the OP noted, he paid well over MSRP. Cost of ownership forward from $93k? Remains to be seen. Probably very high if Porsche actually drops the GT3 motor into these cars. GT4 values will plummet.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:15 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryem3
Should be happy you got out in December; it will be softer in Feb. I wonder if this is symbolic of the real market for manual cars. I think it's always going to be a challenging market for a great car, but one that has very limited purpose and appeal.

IF you could get a GT4 at sticker, which you certainly couldn't a few years ago. As the OP noted, he paid well over MSRP. Cost of ownership forward from $93k? Remains to be seen. Probably very high if Porsche actually drops the GT3 motor into these cars. GT4 values will plummet.
Not so sure about that. If a gt3 motor goes in to the next gt4, the price will rise accordingly making used first generation gt4s look good value.
Old 12-09-2017, 12:00 PM
tareemaa
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sapman

Not so sure about that. If a gt3 motor goes in to the next gt4, the price will rise accordingly making used first generation gt4s look good value.
I think what he meant was the current GT4 prices will tank if the 718 GT4 has the flat 4.0 and a manual, I 100% agree with that, in fact I wouldn't be surprised to see prices hit the 80k mark once the 718 GT4 is officially announced. As for the GT4 market cooling off, I think its because the 991.2 GT3 has a manual, I can imaging a lot of people went for the GT4 for the 6MT. I think manual trans are starting to make a comeback and the hype of dual clutches is cooling down a bit. I SAID A BIT (before everyone goes nuts and starts talking about how many still spec their cars with PDK, fast shift times, blah blah blah)
Old 12-09-2017, 04:53 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I respectfully disagree with ryem3 that GT4 prices will plummet if Porsche drops the GT3 engine into the 718 GT4. As sampan noted, the 718 GT4 with a GT3 engine, "necessarily" detuned to 420-430 hp or so, will have a correspondingly higher MSRP. 981 GT4 prices will continue to depreciate somewhat, but, since the GT4 is a fantastic street and track car, it will continue to command a large percentage of its MSRP, as successor cars move upmarket in price. Sure, there has been erosion in 981 GT4 prices, as miles have been put on, winter had arrived, and successor vehicles herald the "next big thing." But, this is still an aspirational vehicle and, I believe, prices will not depreciate commensurate with lesser vehicles. I "forecast" that there will be more demand in Spring 2018 for used 981 GT4s and a firming up of prices, especially if news leaks out of Porsche that the successor vehicle will sell in the $100-110k range, with options pushing a higher price into the $115-130k range.

I think the OP has a great car at a great price, and some savvy buyer will get a great car and a good value.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:54 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

^^^^ Er, the buyer got a great car and a great value.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

I would expect the GT4 to settle somewhere in the 997.2 range of MSRP. 75% or so of MSRP used seems like a good bet. I don't see them dropping below 75-80k, considering other manual GT cars are more expensive. The 997.2 GT3 trades around somewhere in that 75% range used. I agree with the above: if the buyer here got it for 95% of MSRP and the car levels out at 75% a few years from now, he did well. It isn't often that one is able to drive a car like this that depreciates less than $5,000/year. It won't depreciate like a typical Cayman and be worth 1/2 of MSRP when 5 years old.

That being said, anyone who purchased a GT4 thinking it was "limited production" in order to flip and profit isn't going to be happy. I, for one, would much rather own a 997.2 GT3 at the $100k price point. It may only be marginally faster at the track, but it is a more special car. I saw one at a PCA event last weekend: the presence of that car alone says something the GT4 doesn't. I am glad I am not one of those people making $60k/year that took out leases to buy a GT4 that I could barely afford to make payments on, in the hope it would be worth more in 3 years.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Five12Free
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Kg11
I would expect the GT4 to settle somewhere in the 997.2 range of MSRP. 75% or so of MSRP used seems like a good bet. I don't see them dropping below 75-80k, considering other manual GT cars are more expensive. The 997.2 GT3 trades around somewhere in that 75% range used. I agree with the above: if the buyer here got it for 95% of MSRP and the car levels out at 75% a few years from now, he did well. It isn't often that one is able to drive a car like this that depreciates less than $5,000/year. It won't depreciate like a typical Cayman and be worth 1/2 of MSRP when 5 years old.

That being said, anyone who purchased a GT4 thinking it was "limited production" in order to flip and profit isn't going to be happy. I, for one, would much rather own a 997.2 GT3 at the $100k price point. It may only be marginally faster at the track, but it is a more special car. I saw one at a PCA event last weekend: the presence of that car alone says something the GT4 doesn't. I am glad I am not one of those people making $60k/year that took out leases to buy a GT4 that I could barely afford to make payments on, in the hope it would be worth more in 3 years.
Competely agree with you. If you can drive a great car and pay only 5k a year... that’s a score. FWIW, I was cross shopping my GT4 purchase aging 991.1 GT3s... talk about values tanking.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:27 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am looking at a GT4 and the dealership is asking you $11,500 over original MSRP. The car has 4100 miles on it. What would be a reasonable offer? I see many dealerships coming down on their pricing of the GT4’s.....starting at 110K then slowly going below 100K. Will look eat car over tomorrow but any feedback is welcome. Presently, I own a 2018/718 Cayman S but would love a GT4.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:40 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
I am looking at a GT4 and the dealership is asking you $11,500 over original MSRP. The car has 4100 miles on it. What would be a reasonable offer? I see many dealerships coming down on their pricing of the GT4’s.....starting at 110K then slowly going below 100K. Will look eat car over tomorrow but any feedback is welcome. Presently, I own a 2018/718 Cayman S but would love a GT4.

As a GT4 owner, obviously I would like the GT4 market to be very high, but I am also a realist. I have also been an astute follower of that market since early fall of 2015 (when I bought my first two). The most surprising thing about the GT4 market is how unstable it appears and the degree to which it fluctuates. Lately it seems that low milage, average spec. (ave. MSRP was just under $100k for all GT4s delivered in NA) cars trade around MSRP, give or take a few grand. In general, GT4s with higher MSRPs are likely to trade below MSRP, unless it's a PTS car, in which case premiums of $10k - $15k are not uncommon. I have seen many well-spec'd GT4s sit unsold at what appear to be very attractive prices, i.e. around MSRP, so I surely wouldn't pay a lot more today. But, if you find the perfect spec car for you, it just might be worth more premium, because they are truly great cars.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:33 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
As a GT4 owner, obviously I would like the GT4 market to be very high, but I am also a realist. I have also been an astute follower of that market since early fall of 2015 (when I bought my first two). The most surprising thing about the GT4 market is how unstable it appears and the degree to which it fluctuates. Lately it seems that low milage, average spec. (ave. MSRP was just under $100k for all GT4s delivered in NA) cars trade around MSRP, give or take a few grand. In general, GT4s with higher MSRPs are likely to trade below MSRP, unless it's a PTS car, in which case premiums of $10k - $15k are not uncommon. I have seen many well-spec'd GT4s sit unsold at what appear to be very attractive prices, i.e. around MSRP, so I surely wouldn't pay a lot more today. But, if you find the perfect spec car for you, it just might be worth more premium, because they are truly great cars.
The car in question is Guards Red/Sport Chrono/18 way seats/20inch wheels painted in silver/leather interior with plantinum stitiching/light design package/smoking package/luggage net/PCM/Suirus radio.......does not have seat heating/or extended fuel tank. Do you think an offer of 100 to 102K would be reasonable (asking $106,600)? The car presently does not have N Spec tires but the Porsche dealership will place 4 new Michelin N Spec tires......that is, requested...Front Tire Size :
P245/35ZR20
Rear Tire Size :
P295/30ZR20

Old 01-24-2018, 02:42 AM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

I would buy one here. You have a decent selection if you are patient, and you certainly won't be paying over MSRP. Prices seem to be in the sub $5k under MSRP or lower. Plus, you help someone out by getting them out of their car for a lot less than a dealer offer (which will be $10k under). It won't be hard to find a build similar or better than the one you are referencing.

981 Spyder prices are trending downward as well. It certainly is a good time to be a buyer for one of these cars.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:59 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018

The car in question is Guards Red/Sport Chrono/18 way seats/20inch wheels painted in silver/leather interior with plantinum stitiching/light design package/smoking package/luggage net/PCM/Suirus radio.......does not have seat heating/or extended fuel tank. Do you think an offer of 100 to 102K would be reasonable (asking $106,600)? The car presently does not have N Spec tires but the Porsche dealership will place 4 new Michelin N Spec tires......that is, requested...Front Tire Size :
P245/35ZR20
Rear Tire Size :
P295/30ZR20

Personally, I wouldn't buy a GT4 without the Extended Range Fuel Tank, which was a no-cost option. I am guessing the person who built your reference GT4 just overlooked adding it. Post the MSRP or VIN and we can provide better insight. The car you reference is a fairly basic build, and should be bought now at not more than MSRP, IMO.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kg11
I would buy one here. You have a decent selection if you are patient, and you certainly won't be paying over MSRP. Prices seem to be in the sub $5k under MSRP or lower. Plus, you help someone out by getting them out of their car for a lot less than a dealer offer (which will be $10k under). It won't be hard to find a build similar or better than the one you are referencing.

981 Spyder prices are trending downward as well. It certainly is a good time to be a buyer for one of these cars.
I will keep looking then on Rennlist and see what comes up......Though, with Rennlist no CPO extended warranty. If someone has a well optioned GT4 with minimal to no track time and performed the service I will definitely pull the trigger. I haven’t spent much time on Rennlist in the recent past have spent most of my time on the 718 forums after purchasing my 2018/718 CS......great car. That will change as of today.......looking for a win win with a GT4 seller and buyer (me)......
Old 01-24-2018, 09:19 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Personally, I wouldn't buy a GT4 without the Extended Range Fuel Tank, which was a no-cost option. I am guessing the person who built your reference GT4 just overlooked adding it. Post the MSRP or VIN and we can provide better insight. The car you reference is a fairly basic build, and should be bought now at not more than MSRP, IMO.
The MSRP is $95,200 and the VIN is WP0AC2A85GK192011.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:31 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Looking for a non-tracked low mileage GT4 and I want the non-LWB seats prefer the 18 way but I would consider as long as it is non-LWB. If anyone has a car they are wanting to sell PM me. Not a big fan of the racing yellow but if it’s a good deal will consider.

Quick Reply: 2016 GT4 - Sapphire Blue, LWB, 6330 miles, REDUCED