Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Cayman GT4 with 460HP X51/GTS Stage II Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 11:44 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts
Default 2016 Cayman GT4 with 470HP X51/GTS Stage II Upgrade

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 11855
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: White
VIN: WP0AC2A88GK197820
Price (no $ sign please): $107500
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

It is with mixed emotions that I have decided to put the GT4 up for sale. In order for me to acquire the majority stake of the business i need to find some liquidity and therefore the car needs a new home. This is a true 460HP car with the dyno numbers to prove it. Don't be fooled by cars with bolt-ons claiming this sort of power.

2016 Cayman GT4 - White with Black Interior - 12K Miles

FACTORY OPTIONS:

- Wheels Painted in Black
- Wing Supports in Black
- Fire Extinguisher
- Center Console Trim Painted
- PCM
- Porsche Sport Bucket Seats
- Interior Package Painted
- Black Leather Dash with Grey Stitching
- Extended Range Fuel Tank (this is what it says on the Certificate of Authenticity and this is what i ordered but i think that somewhere i got the small tank because it does NOT take 16.5 gal when i run it down to the bottom.)

AFTERMARKET OPTIONS:

- BGB Motorsports Stage I & II Upgrades (Consists of Cargraphic Longtube Stainless Steel Race Manifolds, BMC Air Filters, Cobb 991 GTS/X51 Conversion File, 991 X51 Intake Manifold, 991 X51 Intake Cams & 991 X51 Cylinder Heads and Aasco Stage III Race Clutch Kit)
- DSC Sport PASM Controller
- 15mm Front Wheel Spacers
- MSI Racing Products Wheel Studs
- Window Tint FR/R

OE REPLACEMENT PARTS:
- OE Front Brake Pads (2500 miles ago)
- OE Front Brake Discs (2500 miles ago)
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s (1000 miles ago)

$107.5K / OBO
Attached Images         

Last edited by BGB Motorsports; 10-18-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:02 PM
RJGT3RS
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This car is great!! When i was dropping off the RS for the conversion I had a chance to drive this car a couple miles and was really impressed!!! Better power delivery, the sound was awesome and drove way better than my GT4 I had just gotten rid of, this car made me second guess dumping my GT4

If i wasn't knee deep into RS conversions and another mystery upcoming build this car would be coming home!!

GLWS John
Old 10-10-2017, 02:18 PM
griffin.ross
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This looks like a crazy good of a deal for the next owner. Wow. GLWS
Old 10-18-2017, 10:19 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Now offering labor concessions and parts discounts for any subsequent work. Would also consider including stock exhaust manifolds, plenum, throttle body and possibly even stock clutch with sale.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:48 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, astounding. I'm out of garage space but this is really tempting...

Any track mods? Note: I ask because they would be desirable.

Anything done to address the 3rd gear?

GLWS, John..
Old 10-19-2017, 09:35 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Wow, astounding. I'm out of garage space but this is really tempting...

Any track mods? Note: I ask because they would be desirable.

Anything done to address the 3rd gear?

GLWS, John..
I never really intended to run the car at the track so i never did any suspension upgrades other than 15mm front wheel spacers and lowering the front and raising the rear to try and improve the front grip. I just took it around a few times here and there giving people rides or just goofing off when we were testing and the track was empty. the camber was left stock. The power quest is complete though with the 4.0L and race mufflers being the only thing left on the table.

The 3rd gear issue has not been addressed but i am very soft with my shifting. I would need to see when my build was to try and determine if the 3rd gear retrofix is needed.

To be complete for the track i would suggest harnesses, a 4-point bar, stainless steel braided brake lines, motorsport brake pads and upgraded toe links and increased camber. That's all she would need. the DSC box does a nice job of stiffening the dampening. I am impressed with the OE coil overs for a street/track application. You could increase the spring rates but i think that's probably not wise if you run any place super bumpy like we do.

I have gotten a lot of people sniffing around and looking and the car and i guess that all i can say is that if you're a track guy and you go to the track and you're tired of larger HP/TQ GT3s ruining your lap times, this is the car for you. If you are not, it's probably not. I think that people are still out there looking for that pristine GT4 and while the paint on this car is perfect and while the interior is good because it was never a daily driver, i still think the right owner is out there somewhere and i truly believe that they're looking for a more track oriented GT4.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:46 AM
Ryan_G
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I would call this car a bargain due to all the work done to it thus far. However, my main concern would be whether Porsche would cover a third gear failure since the power modifications are extensive. I am sure that may be a concern from others as well if they plan to track it heavily since there are so many documented failures specifically from tracking the cars.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:56 AM
Ryan_G
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

On second thought, if you just budget for the guard transmission gear upgrades then this is bulletproof and the car is still a bargain. Beautiful car. You're fairly local and this is putting bad thoughts in my head. GLWS.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:47 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ryan_G
I would call this car a bargain due to all the work done to it thus far. However, my main concern would be whether Porsche would cover a third gear failure since the power modifications are extensive. I am sure that may be a concern from others as well if they plan to track it heavily since there are so many documented failures specifically from tracking the cars.
I think it's worth a call to your dealership. One of the many amazing things about Porsche Cars AG is that they're always motivated by keeping people happy. Yes, we have all heard horror stories and yes, i have myself even seen a dealership say "put it back to stock - it's not our problem." HOWEVER, i have seen dealerships warranty motor failures on cars with tunes and aftermarket exhausts because a known failure occurred. I don't think the transmission deal would be any different because they know there's a problem. Having said that i am sure there are a few dealerships that have said "he's got an LSD and that's why it failed" but the good dealerships know that to keep customers around, customers need to be happy.

Originally Posted by Ryan_G
On second thought, if you just budget for the guard transmission gear upgrades then this is bulletproof and the car is still a bargain. Beautiful car. You're fairly local and this is putting bad thoughts in my head. GLWS.
That's one way to prevent it. You need to indulge those bad thoughts and then start asking for additional goodies to be thrown in or labor concessions to make it the perfect track GT4 for you!
Old 10-20-2017, 08:00 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,682 Likes on 781 Posts

If I didn’t have a track car, this would be my track car.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:33 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

This is such a smoking deal... Surprised this hasnt gone yet.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:50 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for all the great feedback. I found a home for her!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

She will be heading north so keep your eyes peeled for her if you are in the northeast! thank you again.

Quick Reply: 2016 Cayman GT4 with 460HP X51/GTS Stage II Upgrade