Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2018 GT3 Position

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 03:41 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 2018
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: open
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

I love this stuff. I too contacted the poster because I am shopping for a 991.2. If he can get it, more power to him...there's a sucker born every day. I actually talked to Andreas Preuninger and the director of US 911, Cayman and Boxster sales about flipping and dealer mark-ups in Monterey this year. All I will say is times are changing...so capitalize while you can I guess.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by pjjames512
I love this stuff. I too contacted the poster because I am shopping for a 991.2. If he can get it, more power to him...there's a sucker born every day. I actually talked to Andreas Preuninger and the director of US 911, Cayman and Boxster sales about flipping and dealer mark-ups in Monterey this year. All I will say is times are changing...so capitalize while you can I guess.
Yeah well so far they've been full of ****. If they don't like the flipping and all this gyppo **** all they have to do is build more ****ing cars.
Old 09-19-2017, 10:14 AM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Yeah well so far they've been full of ****. If they don't like the flipping and all this gyppo **** all they have to do is build more ****ing cars.
Or penalize the unscrupulous dealers who trick the system and sell allocations with huge ADMs
Old 09-19-2017, 06:16 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Exactly. Anyone from Porsche saying they are now, or in the future will be, cracking down on this or that they're working on solving the AMD problem is full of fecal matter. PAG and PCNA aren't doing jack about it, including not committing to building enough cars.

This isn't a dealer or an AMG caused problem. It's a PAG problem.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:58 PM
SINY993er
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they can be found at MSRP or slightly over, if you look hard enough. Feelss like they're going to build a few more of .2s...just my $0.02
Old 09-19-2017, 09:17 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 430 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
.....PAG and PCNA aren't doing jack about it, including not committing to building enough cars.

Yes and no. If they did (publicly) commit, then they would get flack from the dealers who are currently trading on perceived rarity.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by SINY993er
I think they can be found at MSRP or slightly over, if you look hard enough. Feelss like they're going to build a few more of .2s...just my $0.02
If I can find one at sticker I’ll wire deposit tomorrow
Old 09-19-2017, 09:36 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
If I can find one at sticker IÂ’ll wire deposit tomorrow
Makes 2 of us
Old 09-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschmich
Thought that we were not allowed to bash anyone on pricing? Can never figure out what is allowed and what is not.. Great, if you think the price is too high put it down. Tired of reading the comments when one of the
good old boys here is selling a car for over what they paid he gets all the great car comments.
Stay consistent on the rules.
The good old Rennlist double standard
Old 09-19-2017, 11:34 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
The good old Rennlist double standard
My problem with this deal is it's a second hand allocation being offered for sale. That means a Porsche dealer is allowing an intermediate party to sell their allocation for a $30K markup.

This allocation should be going directly from the dealer to someone who wants to own the car.

Now we have brokers selling allocations?
Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,090 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Yes and no. If they did (publicly) commit, then they would get flack from the dealers who are currently trading on perceived rarity.
And what would the dealers do to PCNA or PAG? Nothing. The whole perceived rarity is a just smoke and mirrors with the main problem being transparency from PAG to PCNA to many of the dealers.

I mean, how did some of these dealers come up with an ADM saying that is market price when no cars have sold. They were just making **** up seeing who would pay their number....market price my azz.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:20 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have leads please let me know! I want to order a GT3 for me...
Old 09-20-2017, 03:21 AM
LAH
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Exactly. Anyone from Porsche saying they are now, or in the future will be, cracking down on this or that they're working on solving the AMD problem is full of fecal matter. PAG and PCNA aren't doing jack about it, including not committing to building enough cars.

You’re right that the issue is with PAG...but not because they aren’t building enough cars. 50% of that is obviously on purpose and 50% is because they can’t build enough of the engines. GT3’s they can and do build all day long. This is straight from the horses mouth. AP and the exec I spoke with stated that Porsche and the GT department is extremely frustrated at the idea of dealers and customers using their products as short term investments. They both even pressed me about whether I made money on the sale of my GT4. But if it’s the allocation or the car itself...it’s at an all time high with the GT3, Touring, GT2RS etc. I know of a 991 RS that sold through my local dealer with an initial market adjustment of $55k, traded 2 months later and resold for $30k over MSRP again and it’s now sitting back on their lot for $20k over. I’m sure this isn’t the only case of this. I don’t personally see an issue with it on the second or third sale, but the original transaction should be sold at MSRP, not a dollar more and PAG should regulate it heavily. What happens to the car as “used/titled” is out of corporates control...but they have the power to crack down on it when it’s an MSO car. What Porsche will eventually do is pull those allocations from one dealer and hand them to another that is honoring their system.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by pjjames512
Youre right that the issue is with PAG...but not because they arent building enough cars. 50% of that is obviously on purpose and 50% is because they cant build enough of the engines. GT3s they can and do build all day long. This is straight from the horses mouth. AP and the exec I spoke with stated that Porsche and the GT department is extremely frustrated at the idea of dealers and customers using their products as short term investments.
And my opinion is that what AP is telling you is pure bull****. I'm fine if this is the way PAG and PCNA wants to do business. Just wish they didn't talk out of both sides of their mouths and expect us to believe it.

If I wanted a GT3 at this point, I'd just pay the premium (not this one, a smaller one), but I wouldn't buy PAG's hands up, it's not our fault bull****.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:15 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

We all wish, but what's been communicated to dealers in the U.S. would indicate that production will be multiples short of demand.

Before I go to sleep each night, I pray to God for a 40% stock market correction, but so far the Lord Janet Yellen doesn't seem to be listening.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2018 GT3 Position