Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2012 Boxster Spyder 987.2 6MT LWBS

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 03:43 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2012 Boxster Spyder 987.2 6MT LWBS

Year: 2012
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Mileage (numbers only please): 14500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Platinum Silver Metallic
VIN: WP0CB2A84CS745107
Price (no $ sign please): $61000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I've recently been tossing around the idea of getting into a 991.1S, which would unfortunately require me to sell my 987.2 Spyder.

Vehicle Summary
2012 Porsche Boxster Spyder
14,xxx miles (I will continue to drive the car on weekends)
Platinum Silver Metallic
Black Leather / Alcantara Interior
Sport Design Steering Wheel
Sport Shifter (factory short shifter)
Carbon LWBS
Manual Transmission
AC delete
Sound Package Plus

Also features:
Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires
Front End XPEL Clear Bra

Price: $61,000

VIN is WP0CB2A84CS745107, and build sheet is as follows:

I am the second owner, and the car has never been in an accident. I bought the car in June of 2016 with approximately 6,000 miles on the clock. I have all service records for the car which, while a short list, is significant in that the previous owner had the full 40,000 mile service (cabin filter, air filter, spark plugs, oil and filter change, and four wheel alignment) performed in October of 2015 as a preventative measure based on time of ownership. Since acquiring the car, I have changed the oil twice in addition to replacing the air filter. Both keys and all ownership manuals are included and in excellent condition. While not current, I have also attached the CarFax that I purchased while inspecting the car as a courtesy point of reference.

The interior is a 10/10, with no defects or signs of wear at all. The exterior has one extremely embarrassing (but luckily small) defect on the rear spoiler where I tripped and nicked it while moving things around the garage... needless to say, this made for a bad day. I did a very quick fill with a factory touchup kit, as the thought of a localized respray and blending work, even just in that very small area, was more upsetting to me than a small touchup spot of imperfection. The imperfection has never been noticed by anyone by myself, and I have included photos of the before and after. The wheels are flawless- no curbing or rock chips. Car also has a front end XPEL PPF, so the front end is free of rock chips. The manual top is in perfect condition with no signs of wear or fading.

The tires have ~3000 highway miles on them from a road trip I did last month from Chicago to New York and back, and are in what I would consider brand new condition. They were installed on April 14th 2017, and are the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. They are absolutely phenomenal tires, and if you haven't had an opportunity to drive them yet, I would highly recommend you do.

Brakes are original and in very good shape. There is no track time on the car. To this end, please find below the over-rev report taken today 9/3/17 from my Durametric tool:

I have also had center stripe decals from CarreraDecals installed in the spirit of the Rennsport Reunion Edition 991, which can be removed prior to sale at buyer’s discretion. I personally found them to be a fun addition to an already extremely unique car. A factory Porsche car cover will be included with the sale.

Anyway, on to the vehicle photos. My apologies for the sporadic nature and variation in both quality and timing for the photos- this just happened to be what I had on the computer at the time of writing this ad. If there is anything specific that I’ve missed, please let me know and I have no problem grabbing additional photos.

Exterior:

Garage nick exterior imperfection:

Interior:

Please feel free to contact me by email, call, or text with any questions at all.

Thanks for looking!

Max
(631) three seven five - 0103
Illini675 at gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Spyder Carfax.pdf (432.9 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Illini675; 09-25-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:11 PM
kskpsu
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Beautiful car. Love my 987 Spyder. GLWS.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

She is a beauty ... good luck with the sale ... who painted the seat belt guides ?
Old 09-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

Very nice combo! I bet it goes quick!
Old 09-04-2017, 03:22 PM
ninelvnfevr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car, GLWS.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:33 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 884 Likes on 535 Posts

That won't last long... every time I see a 987 Spyder, I wish our 981's had the same top!!
Old 09-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Thank you all for the compliments! I wish that I could just add to the garage like some of you do instead of trading one great car for another... Something to strive for in the future
Old 09-08-2017, 02:23 PM
dporto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,154 Likes on 791 Posts

Wow! Looks like someone is in for a sweet deal - wish it was me! GLWS
Old 09-08-2017, 06:56 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Illini675
I've recently been tossing around the idea of getting into a 991.1S, which would unfortunately require me to sell my 987.2 Spyder.
Don't do it.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:22 PM
rubycaymanr
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Spyder

Originally Posted by hf1
Don't do it.
I would keep the spyder, drive the new car and then decide...
Old 09-09-2017, 11:37 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Agreed you should drive the 991.1S for a long test drive before selling the Spyder.

I have a 2011 Spyder and also recently bought a 991.1S Cabriolet. I love both but they are a very different experience. I do not consider them remotely interchangeable even though both are convertibles.

The 991 is far more practical plus the top is more convenient, and yes it is still fun and sporty to drive.

But the Spyder is just a whole level above it for fun and involvement. Unless you want something closer to a daily driver I would keep the Spyder which is clearly the better nice day car.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Thanks for all of the compliments everyone! Bumping it back up for the weekend.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:13 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Had a 991.1 GTS, have an 11 Spyder (and have owned two other 987 Spyders). The 991.1 is SO SO SO DIFFERENT. I completely understand the lack of daily driveability in the Spyder, but the 991.1 wasn't for me. In fact I've come to the conclusion that none of the new cars are for me. I'm trading my GT4 for a 997tts to daily drive. I'm also in chicago.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Originally Posted by SJJ28
Had a 991.1 GTS, have an 11 Spyder (and have owned two other 987 Spyders). The 991.1 is SO SO SO DIFFERENT. I completely understand the lack of daily driveability in the Spyder, but the 991.1 wasn't for me. In fact I've come to the conclusion that none of the new cars are for me. I'm trading my GT4 for a 997tts to daily drive. I'm also in chicago.
I appreciate the feedback, means a lot coming from someone who has spent significant time with both cars! With no flexibility to own more than one at a time, I think that it unfortunately comes down to the excitement of variety after I've spent enough time with any car. I've test driven several 991's now (albeit not for nearly enough time to get past the excitement of any new prospect), and enjoyed them for the very different experience it was. I have no doubt that I'll own another Spyder in the future, and fully expect that it will cost me more to do so at that time!

Hope to meet you at one of the Chicago PCA events one of these days
Old 09-18-2017, 06:45 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Illini675
I appreciate the feedback, means a lot coming from someone who has spent significant time with both cars! With no flexibility to own more than one at a time, I think that it unfortunately comes down to the excitement of variety after I've spent enough time with any car. I've test driven several 991's now (albeit not for nearly enough time to get past the excitement of any new prospect), and enjoyed them for the very different experience it was. I have no doubt that I'll own another Spyder in the future, and fully expect that it will cost me more to do so at that time!

Hope to meet you at one of the Chicago PCA events one of these days
I don't do a ton of the pca events, some of the cars and coffee things.

I do frequent the fuel fed events in winnetka and Barrington. Such a killer mix of vintage European stuff!

As far as the Spyder v 991 goes. I get it! That's why I have a whole bunch of cars!
And yes, your next Spyder will cost you more! Surprised this is still here!

Quick Reply: 2012 Boxster Spyder 987.2 6MT LWBS