Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

New Photos! -- 1998 Acura (Honda) NSX 3.2L 6-Speed "NA2" - Formula Red w/Blk Leather

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 12:04 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up 1998 Acura NSX 3.2L 6-Speed "NA2"

Year: 1998
Make: Acura
Model: NSX
Mileage (numbers only please): 65000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Formula Red
Price (no $ sign please): $72900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

*** Old, combined thread was getting too 997 GTS-centric. This thread is dedicated to the NSX. Thanks! ***

EDIT:

I'm a highly motivated seller. I know the value of this car, and I won't give it away, but I am open to realistic offers. Let's talk. Especially at the lowered asking price, you won't ever lose a dollar on this car. The values of these modern icons are only going up! *****

Selling my very rare NSX!

Please PM me here for details.

Thanks, again, RL!!

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-25-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:21 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

A well deserved plug for Eric at Bumperplugs!

Eric, I hope you don't mind me using these photos. I know how it took you many, many times the normal amount of time, to prepare and paint my NSX center console and AC vent surround pieces.

Thank you again, sir! You are a master at your craft. They look truly amazing; better than OEM, and improve the luxury feeling of the interior ten fold:

Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Brand new Alpine unit. Only months old.

Brand new SOS (Science of Speed) NSX-R billet shift **** (aluminum, not ti). Shown with old original leather ****. Car currently has a brand new (very rare) OEM leather shift **** installed (not seen here):

Brand new NOS (new old stock) 6-Speed shift patter, surround, and boot. Very hard to find new now!

Freshly painted by Bumperplugs!

Installed. Perfect fit and finish. Far better than new OEM. Porsche-worthy level of quality! (Also, powder coated high-quality Panavise phone/device mount/base. Easily installed/removed. Takes any size ProClip Phone Cradle. Very stable and solid feeling setup.)

Brand new OEM Zanardi Floor Mats:

The tail lights were completely overhauled/restored. All new (thicker) tail light seals, with all new bulbs (LED where applicable), and new tail light bezels (very hard to find new!):

Brand new upgraded thicker tail light seals (black). You can see the old, flat and worn out seals below:

Total light-off restoration of the tails. Water tight, no fogging (a common problem). Perfect now:

Front (sacrificial front rubber lip spoiler is well used, but easily replaced. Most see it as a disposable piece and a badge of honor. ;-)

Custom Lloyd Ultimats with OEM Acura Emblems sewn on. A brighter and bolder summer look! Both these red mats with black binding, and the OEM Zanardi mats are included:

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-04-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:28 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

That is gorgeous! GLWS!
Old 07-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraX
That is gorgeous! GLWS!
Thanks, sir! I love it. I will miss it dearly.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:16 PM
kyle951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They really were ahead of their time when they were released in 1991. I was working at a Porsche Dealership and knew this car was a game changer in the sports car arena. The styling and everyday drivability were something that the European cars just didn't have. The Porsche cars were pretty close but not quite as good as the NSX. Acura really sent a wakeup call to all of the other Sports car makers that it was time to step up their game.

Great looking car, and GLWS

Last edited by kyle951; 07-31-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:35 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyle951
They really were ahead of their time when they were released in 1991. I was working at a Porsche Dealership and new this car was a game changer in the sports car arena. The styling and everyday drivability were something that the European cars just didn't have. The Porsche cars were pretty close but not quite as good as the NSX. Acura really sent a wakeup call to all of the other Sports car makers that it was time to step up their game.

Great looking car, and GLWS

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. These also give a pretty cool perspective on it all:

http://beautifullyengineered.tumblr....-murray-on-the

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...gordon-murray/

Old 08-01-2017, 01:20 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-01-2017 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:10 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Let's find this one a new home!

Thanks, RL.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

All reasonable offers considered. As are trade offers for 997.2 GT3/RS.

THANKS, RL!

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-04-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 08-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Lots of new (direct sunlight) photos!

I would really love it, if my beloved NSX found a home with a fellow Rennlister.

Please PM me here!

Gotta love the lightweight machine-finished (not chrome, not fully polished) forged OEM wheels. Simple, elegant, strong and light! Earlier cars had painted heels; NA2 cars have the beautiful machine-finishing. Sorry they're a bit dirty here, haha:

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-05-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:54 PM
acf
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

For those interested, I wanted to take the time to give a little shout out to the seller, Ten Years. If anyone is interested in purchasing his NSX and needs a reference point, please feel free to contact me.

I was the lucky fellow who was able to buy Ten Year's 997 GTS last week and I'm enjoying the car immensely. For a car with 53k miles, it's in unbelievable condition, a testament to his care. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's not a new car!

I'd consider myself a fairly "particular" individual but I'm going to have to say Ten Years has me beat by a mile... or Ten. The detail and care he's put into these cars is stellar, and it's a reflection of his personality.

Not to be cheesy, but in this deal I've not only acquired a beautifully cared for car, but a new friend.

Again, if anyone is interested in the NSX but on the fence, I'd most certainly vouch for the integrity of the seller. Do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you Ten Years!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by acf
For those interested, I wanted to take the time to give a little shout out to the seller, Ten Years. If anyone is interested in purchasing his NSX and needs a reference point, please feel free to contact me.

I was the lucky fellow who was able to buy Ten Year's 997 GTS last week and I'm enjoying the car immensely. For a car with 53k miles, it's in unbelievable condition, a testament to his care. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's not a new car!

I'd consider myself a fairly "particular" individual but I'm going to have to say Ten Years has me beat by a mile... or Ten. The detail and care he's put into these cars is stellar, and it's a reflection of his personality.

Not to be cheesy, but in this deal I've not only acquired a beautifully cared for car, but a new friend.

Again, if anyone is interested in the NSX but on the fence, I'd most certainly vouch for the integrity of the seller. Do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you Ten Years!

Wow, thanks, sir, for the endorsement. I'm just happy you're happy, and that the car is staying within the RL family.

The NSX quite a bit older, so it can't show quite as new as your GTS, but it's really very nice for its age. Mechanically sound, and cosmetically solid and honest. I've worked hard to set it up right.

It was truly a pleasure working with you. Enjoy your new car in the very best of health!

EDIT: Just installed a brand new OEM Acura battery
today!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

^^^

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-25-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM
Ten Years
Rennlist Member

Smile

^^^

Last edited by Ten Years; 08-13-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quick Reply: New Photos! -- 1998 Acura (Honda) NSX 3.2L 6-Speed "NA2" - Formula Red w/Blk Leather