Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2023, 09:55 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Trailer Manufacturers

Coming back after years of a break

SHOCKED at what trailers cost.

What are people using these days? Used to be Intech/ATC in this crowd, but same spec to spec ATCs are now 2.5x more expensive than they were back in 16 when I last bought one and not feasible for my budget at least.

Are there new up and comers in the trailer world that are a bit more reasonable?

Need a 24-28ft AL/finished interior enclosed unit that will need to be AC'ed in the summer
Old 12-29-2023, 10:04 AM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 150 Posts

They have been going up in price , especially since the Pandemic and shortages , but it seems due to the rise in Interest Rates and few supply shortages, prices are starting to come down and some trailers are beginning to show " Sale Prices ."

Old 12-29-2023, 05:50 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 972 Likes on 651 Posts

I custom ordered a well trimmed-out 24' Haulmark Edge Aluminum and took delivery in late 2020 due to pandemic delays. A year later I was at the trailer dealer and they said the exact same trailer was now 2x the cost. From pricing I see this has not gone down.

Intech will be the most expensive, but the best built. ATC and Haulmark seem equal as far as quality and options, and the next step down from Intech. Featherlite can build you a nice custom enclosed but they are pricey too, seem to be on par with Intech. Many others from there less well known and quality/price goes down from there.

If you are on Facebook there are some VERY active race trailer groups, mostly run by dealers but individual sellers also post. Tons of nice newer used trailers listed every day. For some strange reason I follow these pages and like looking at what's out there, and I am always surprised how active the groups are and the number of listings. It's fun to see how different people spec'd their builds.

FWIW my main regret in my build after 3+ years of use is that I didn't get a 28' instead of a 24'.

Last edited by Nickshu; 12-29-2023 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:53 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I custom ordered a well trimmed-out 24' Haulmark Edge Aluminum and took delivery in late 2020 due to pandemic delays. A year later I was at the trailer dealer and they said the exact same trailer was now 2x the cost. From pricing I see this has not gone down.

Intech will be the most expensive, but the best built. ATC and Haulmark seem equal as far as quality and options, and the next step down from Intech. Featherlite can build you a nice custom enclosed but they are pricey too, seem to be on par with Intech. Many others from there less well known and quality/price goes down from there.

If you are on Facebook there are some VERY active race trailer groups, mostly run by dealers but individual sellers also post. Tons of nice newer used trailers listed every day. For some strange reason I follow these pages and like looking at what's out there, and I am always surprised how active the groups are and the number of listings. It's fun to see how different people spec'd their builds.

FWIW my main regret in my build after 3+ years of use is that I didn't get a 28' instead of a 24'.

ya I had a 24 before - will be supporting enduro racing out of it this time so am gonna go 28 if I can
Old 12-30-2023, 03:45 PM
markmark26
Rennlist Member

Received 570 Likes on 308 Posts

yeh, Ive been looking at 24ft Intechs to get for 2024 season, and it looks like it will be 35-40k purchase....
Old 12-30-2023, 05:19 PM
Raider89
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you investigated Bravo, they are all aluminum. I was close to buying one a back in 2019, but went with ATC. Also, Sundowner Trailers are all aluminum.

Last edited by Raider89; 12-30-2023 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 08:21 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 924 Likes on 563 Posts

Bravo trailers are really nice from the ones I've seen. We race with the owner in Trans Am. I would not hesitate to check them out. I went for a Nitro Trailer. Not the same level as some of the others, but a nice trailer, hauls the car well, and I got a good eal.
Old 12-31-2023, 09:05 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Bravo trailers are really nice from the ones I've seen. We race with the owner in Trans Am. I would not hesitate to check them out. I went for a Nitro Trailer. Not the same level as some of the others, but a nice trailer, hauls the car well, and I got a good eal.
Thanks - btw I joined Club as well. Appreciate the intro you did
Old 12-31-2023, 10:11 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Thanks - btw I joined Club as well. Appreciate the intro you did
Sweet! I think you'll have fun. I see at least a kart membership in my future. Did you see they just released a sim version for AC?
Old 12-31-2023, 10:56 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Sweet! I think you'll have fun. I see at least a kart membership in my future. Did you see they just released a sim version for AC?
kart is main reason for me - super easy

ya - I only have iracing so will have to get AC
Old 12-31-2023, 02:43 PM
revolutioN99
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I've owned a 24' ATC for 2 years now and love it. My only regret like others is not listening to everyone and go 28' because down the like you will want the 28 over the 24. Looking at all the options ATC has now, I would really want to upgrade but I paid covid prices for my current trailer.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:08 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Montrose -- I love mine, and a racing buddy purchased his a couple years ago. Custom made all aluminum.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:36 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts

Like mentioned above, there are several lesser-known companies that make good aluminum trailers. I went with Proline Products.
https://nhtrailers.com/car-haulers/9900-gvwr-series/
They sell direct (not through dealers) so are priced a bit less than others.
Very good materials and workmanship, and they were very accommodating (and reasonably-priced) with customizations.

Based in NH, though, so shipping to CA would be costly.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:45 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jerome951
Like mentioned above, there are several lesser-known companies that make good aluminum trailers. I went with Proline Products.
https://nhtrailers.com/car-haulers/9900-gvwr-series/
They sell direct (not through dealers) so are priced a bit less than others.
Very good materials and workmanship, and they were very accommodating (and reasonably-priced) with customizations.

Based in NH, though, so shipping to CA would be costly.
I’m in NH now actually so this is perfect - I’ll email them
Old 01-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I bought mine as a bit of a leftover from REP in Greenland. They are/were great.

The Durabull dont' have a beavertail. I'm not sure about the Proline. The guys in Loudon have a ton of trailers, but I didn't find them helpful. There are a few people on FB that advertise on marketplace with some nicely optioned trailers, but I think they have been shorter than you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Trailer Manufacturers