Notices

Futura trailers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 12:17 PM
jkg2101
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futura trailers

Hello - i currently have the futura super sport. I would like to move to enclosed but I love the lowering feature (i got real tired of the trailex ramp loading/unloading). I also need something really lightweight
futura now makes an enclosed version of their trailer - but in the longer size. the sides look like a fabric membrane, which would be lightweight

anyone have any experience with this? is the roof and back door solid? are the sides durable?
the price jump is a huge jump from the open trailer. $30K. would appreciate any leads on a good discount too for the enclosed futura.

I will have to sell my open super sport futura as first step. Feel free to message me if anyone knows anyone who wants a like-new 2022 super sport. trailer is near new york city now

thanks for any advice - justin
Old 11-01-2022, 10:48 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by jkg2101
Hello - i currently have the futura super sport. I would like to move to enclosed but I love the lowering feature (i got real tired of the trailex ramp loading/unloading). I also need something really lightweight
futura now makes an enclosed version of their trailer - but in the longer size. the sides look like a fabric membrane, which would be lightweight

anyone have any experience with this? is the roof and back door solid? are the sides durable?
the price jump is a huge jump from the open trailer. $30K. would appreciate any leads on a good discount too for the enclosed futura.

I will have to sell my open super sport futura as first step. Feel free to message me if anyone knows anyone who wants a like-new 2022 super sport. trailer is near new york city now

thanks for any advice - justin
I didn't think they were importing any of the enclosed over here.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:23 AM
jkg2101
AutoX

From what I hear, they have an assembly factory here in US, and they are now building some here, so these enclosed units will be available in USA. expensive though
Old 11-02-2022, 10:06 AM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by jkg2101
From what I hear, they have an assembly factory here in US, and they are now building some here, so these enclosed units will be available in USA. expensive though
Interesting...might have to sell my Super Sport then....I don't think you can beat the enclosed Futura for weight.
Old 11-02-2022, 07:01 PM
jkg2101
AutoX

I'm thinking of making the upgrade. the rubber/fabric membrane sides seems questionable
but first i have to sell my open trailer
hoping to find someone looking for an almost new super sport trailer for a nice discount !
Old 11-06-2022, 06:53 AM
jkg2101
AutoX

does anyone know of another brand lightweight trailer that is easy to load/unload? trailex makes nice stuff, but i am tired of loading/unloading the long heavy ramps each time. Montrose makes a tilt trailer that seems great, but when I spoke to them, they reported the tilt mechanism adds 1000lb to the trailer, and that puts it beyond the capacity of my tow vehicle. I am open to any suggestions?
i even thought of building an enclosure for my futura super sport, but when I ordered soms aluminum stock to create it, i had miscalculated the flexibility of aluminum. I think it would be do-able, to build an enclosure for an open trailer, but need some engineering background to figure out what size materials to use, and in the end would probably cost more than I expected.
so, i am still in the search for an enclosed lightweight trailer that is easy to load. Futura is the one that seems to fit the bill best, but it is expensive.
At this point, trying to sell my super sport to finance the upgrade. any interested parties please message me-
The following users liked this post:
GuyLedouche (02-21-2023)
Old 11-06-2022, 07:52 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,374 Likes on 834 Posts

You need to be a paid member on here in order to do "for sale" posts/attempts.

Quick Reply: Futura trailers