Need Help! Futura repair in Atl, Ga

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022 | 10:00 PM
six2six
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Need Help! Futura repair in Atl, Ga

Hey guys,

Long shot here, but I have been having major issues with my 2021 futura trailer. Heres the backstory:

Purchased the trailer new last March and maybe within a month i noticed the plastic box that houses the battery, remotes, winch was cracked at a seam. I contacted Futura and they promised me they would send me a new, upgraded box. So in the meantime i kept using the trailer. It was mostly working fine, minus the winch was not working, and the box would not fully close so i had to strap the box shut. But up/down, brakes, lights all worked fine.
So Futura finally sends me a new box and i install the new box, and move everything inside over. I believe I installed everything correctly, but now the trailer does not go up. only down. In addition, I dont think the battery is actually recharging.
So Futura support has me trouble shooting to find out what is wrong. They have sent me two new sensors, which don't seem to work as well. And trying to coordinate support with someone in New Zealand is not easy.

Does anybody have any repair experience on these trailers? I am willing to pay to have someone take a look.
I am located in Smyrna, Ga. Thanks
Old 04-03-2022 | 03:28 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

i am near you but given my track record of fixing thing electrical lately.....

Old 04-04-2022 | 12:50 AM
six2six
Advanced

lol thats how it goes sometimes. I think i have found someone though.
Old 04-04-2022 | 10:38 AM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

There's a tension sensor on the cables that raise the deck. It only affects the raising and not the lowering. If you didn't wire the sensor in correctly, or if the cable is no longer positioned correctly over the sensor, the system will think the deck is all the way up and won't let the winch raise the deck.

It's kinda tricky when re-wiring the winch controls, since the sensor wires are easy to overlook. On my Futura, there's a little white plug buried on the inside of the winch box that connects to the sensor -- check that plug and make sure it is connected and making full contact.

Also, the solar charger panel wires should be connected directly to the battery. If they are and the battery still isn't charging, then check continuity of the wires to/from the panel, maybe one came loose while you were moving things over.
Old 04-06-2022 | 12:01 AM
six2six
Advanced

Wow thanks Bill. Good information. I think i have identified what could be the problem. One little red wire that connects from the solenoid seems to a fuse relay seems to have come off. I will try connecting that and fingers crossed. Also when you say you have a white plug that connects to the sensor. Are you talking about one of the rubber plugs? what year is your futura? i dont remember a white plug in mine. Ill take a look over the weekend.
Thanks for the heads up on the battery charge.
Old 04-06-2022 | 12:03 PM
BillC3
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by six2six
Wow thanks Bill. Good information. I think i have identified what could be the problem. One little red wire that connects from the solenoid seems to a fuse relay seems to have come off. I will try connecting that and fingers crossed. Also when you say you have a white plug that connects to the sensor. Are you talking about one of the rubber plugs? what year is your futura? i dont remember a white plug in mine. Ill take a look over the weekend.
Thanks for the heads up on the battery charge.
The plug I'm referring to is a small white plastic connector, which is hidden behind the battery on my trailer. The connector is about 1 foot of wire away from the control module. Mine is a 2017 model that I bought used a few years ago, so the wiring is probably different, but the concepts should still be the same.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Futura repair in Atl, Ga