Notices

Meet KER

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 11:26 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Meet KER

Please say hello to my new family member KER named after me and two other buddies who helped me out!

Here is when I picked her up first day. Covid killed the supply chain. Minimum wait here in Canada is half year so I was lucky to pick her up from a local racer. She was in great shape. She's 8.5 wide and 24 long.

To be continued...

Last edited by 1DarkChaos; 05-08-2021 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:57 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

First time towing anything and it started to snow bad on my way to pick her up. Scared the crap out of me on the highway passing trucks.

Since I was getting my garage done by a professional, I wanted the same theme so I did my research and ordered some PVC walls....

This is my first trailer and I know literally nothing about GVWR and Payload. After I reading lots of threads here, I realized after I put on the walls of about 400lbs with the car I literally have about few pounds to play with LOL!! Good for a case of beer.

So... a lightbulb went off and I realize I can just take off all the plywood that should be close to the weight of my walls....

So far so good...I ordered some color changing LED to light up the trailer.... but after installation I realize they aren't bright enough... They do look freaking awesome though...

To be continued...

Last edited by 1DarkChaos; 05-08-2021 at 08:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dan212 (05-10-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 12:16 AM
Geneman
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

jeezus. where is the disco ball going. mine as well add a pole for dancing??
The following users liked this post:
Lemming (05-09-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 12:52 AM
pjazz
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 133 Posts

Looks great.
Old 05-08-2021, 08:11 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

After finish the walls went ahead to do the floor with some epoxy. Looks great! More mods to come like LED floodlight, tire rack, wireless winch. Ideas? Still not sure how to mount the winch without welding the bottom. Might make a hole and pull from outside. Suggestions?

Old 05-08-2021, 08:12 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

Originally Posted by Geneman
jeezus. where is the disco ball going. mine as well add a pole for dancing??
LOL

Originally Posted by pjazz
Looks great.
Thanks!!
Old 05-09-2021, 03:06 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

The slat wall looks great, but bear in mind that the interior cladding plays a role in keeping your trailer rigid - it basically acts as a shear wall, as thin and minimalist as it is. I am not sure whether the slat wall will have the same value, although it probably will if you affix it to each vertical stud in the same way. I have that stuff on my home garage walls.

You'll see some trailers that don't have interior cladding (Featherlite comes to mind), but they have considerably thicker outer skins which removes the need for additional strength inside.

Just food for thought.

Mark
Old 05-09-2021, 09:31 PM
1DarkChaos
Advanced

Originally Posted by lowside67
The slat wall looks great, but bear in mind that the interior cladding plays a role in keeping your trailer rigid - it basically acts as a shear wall, as thin and minimalist as it is. I am not sure whether the slat wall will have the same value, although it probably will if you affix it to each vertical stud in the same way. I have that stuff on my home garage walls.

You'll see some trailers that don't have interior cladding (Featherlite comes to mind), but they have considerably thicker outer skins which removes the need for additional strength inside.

Just food for thought.

Mark
Thanks Mark!
It should be ok actually you can request for no cladding from factory but the slatwall is very very strong when held together. It's bolted on every single frame used about 600 self tapping screws. Super strong. I can hang myself at 180 pounds on there with two hooks with ease. But thank you man
Old 05-10-2021, 10:32 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 243 Likes on 172 Posts

Leave your mark, enjoy the journey, thanks for sharing

Quick Reply: Meet KER