Notices

"renovation" ideas for enclosed trailers

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2021, 02:26 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 992 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by Vahramhs
Anyone has a link or advice for diy adding etrack or airline track to aluminum interior sided trailers? I have heard people have issues adding them after the fact and the screws don’t hold, etc, etc.

Floors are easy b/c you can plate them on the other side. Install is tedious I have done it. Soooo many bolts and cutting plates to miss the crossmembers in the floor. Walls are harder b/c you probably don't want to drill through and plate the otherside. Load capacity is limited as a result on the walls.
Old 04-04-2021, 03:58 PM
Vahramhs
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nickshu
Floors are easy b/c you can plate them on the other side. Install is tedious I have done it. Soooo many bolts and cutting plates to miss the crossmembers in the floor. Walls are harder b/c you probably don't want to drill through and plate the otherside. Load capacity is limited as a result on the walls.
makes sense, I’m not looking to tie down anything crazy. Just things like a floor jack fuel cans and other accessories. I haven’t found a good diy for aluminum interior walls. Makes me defer to ordering something with them preinstalled but that typically brings other options along with it I don’t need or want.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:28 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

any ideas on where u can order aluminum sheet? is there a name for it? i've searched online for local supply and havent found.
The following users liked this post:
fnel1771 (06-10-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 02:46 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
any ideas on where u can order aluminum sheet? is there a name for it? i've searched online for local supply and havent found.
I bought some here. Used it to construct my winch riser, and also to attach the winch to the floor.

https://www.speedymetals.com/
Old 04-16-2021, 10:02 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 95 Posts

Waiting for my Montrose aluminum trailer to be fabricated. I ordered with tire rack in front, second spare and a very loooong belly pan storage bin. Happy with config.

I added SOME e-track ( which I have never used before) and I am realizing from what I am reading here that I did not order nearly enough E-track.
( as in can't have too much)

I am now thinking of getting track the full length of the right side ( no side door) and a split on the left. ( flip up door on left side)

But what is a good height? For base and then to top?

I figure i might lash down chairs, maybe a card table and other misc. crap. Clearly one can't have too much. I was going to have two 2-jug fuel carriers, but I have seen some people lash them with. E-track ( seems sketchy but whatever)

What is a good height for bottom row?
Is about two feet the right gap between bottom and upper row?

I am already adding E-Trak horizontal on the floor behind the tire rack ( which is 6 inches off the floor - if you know what a Montrose looks like that makes sense).

Figured i might lash my jack and a cooler or two against that ( two strips on wall above tire rack)

Any suggestions??

Last edited by dan212; 04-16-2021 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 PM
mos996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I did L track but had it 16” and 49” from floor
Old 06-06-2021, 05:34 PM
R717
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by argonaut95
I have a similar trailer. My 'comfort' features include:
  • Rooftop AC unit...
GREAT list. The A/C unit should drop right into the hole where your existing roof vent is. When I put mine on, I sprung for the few extra hundred $ for the heat pump equipped Coleman unit. It heats the whole trailer as long as ambient stays above 40 degrees. Below that you need another plan.

Only thing not mentioned is a tongue box for a little extra dry storage space, usually where my charcoal and bbq equipment goes.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:36 PM
skeeler
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Love the folding bunks I put in my Haulmark 28'!!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by skeeler:
Brainofjjj (09-07-2021), DHI (06-27-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 03:57 AM
CX_GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 46 Posts
Talking

Well,

Here it is… Brand new truck towing brand new trailer…

First of all, after attempting to tow the enclosed with the Raptor for the past half year, I really learned how “useless” the Raptor is for productivity; all the sways, bounces, and sags that I thought was normal with towing is all gone now ;D . Say hi to my new daily/towing vehicle, 2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost, what an awesome machine (thought about even getting a F250, but living in NYC region with limited space is just not possible to daily a superduty so that’s a pass). Next up, the trailer. When I created this post asking for “renovation” ideas for my previous trailer (for sale at this moment), I learned a lot from all my peer rennlister’s comment inputs and pushed myself to start fresh with a higher end trailer. Say hi to the 2021 InTech 24’ w/ iCon pkg. It’s a more rigid trailer than the ATC in every single way (I understand that ATC also makes the 405 series quest but I went with InTech for local dealership supports). It comes with an Airline Track system (similar to e-track) which I wanted to install in my ATC, and ready-to-go AC power installed in the trailer. Really planning to go cross country with this setup and I am still open for any recommendations that you guys may have for me!

DHI (06-27-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 10:48 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 46 Posts

very nice. Make sure you change the transmission fluid in the truck regularly. That trans is the weak point in this entire setup. Enjoy

Originally Posted by CX_GT3
Well,

Here it is… Brand new truck towing brand new trailer…

First of all, after attempting to tow the enclosed with the Raptor for the past half year, I really learned how “useless” the Raptor is for productivity; all the sways, bounces, and sags that I thought was normal with towing is all gone now ;D . Say hi to my new daily/towing vehicle, 2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost, what an awesome machine (thought about even getting a F250, but living in NYC region with limited space is just not possible to daily a superduty so that’s a pass). Next up, the trailer. When I created this post asking for “renovation” ideas for my previous trailer (for sale at this moment), I learned a lot from all my peer rennlister’s comment inputs and pushed myself to start fresh with a higher end trailer. Say hi to the 2021 InTech 24’ w/ iCon pkg. It’s a more rigid trailer than the ATC in every single way (I understand that ATC also makes the 405 series quest but I went with InTech for local dealership supports). It comes with an Airline Track system (similar to e-track) which I wanted to install in my ATC, and ready-to-go AC power installed in the trailer. Really planning to go cross country with this setup and I am still open for any recommendations that you guys may have for me!

DHI (06-27-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 12:14 PM
CX_GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 46 Posts

Thank you, how often should the trans fluid be changed?
Old 06-13-2021, 12:16 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

purdy
Old 06-15-2021, 12:56 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice new setup you've got.... and good choice with going with Intech. After a few different brands of enclosed trailers I've found Intech is the best so far.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hoyt:
CX_GT3 (06-17-2021), DHI (06-27-2021)
Old 06-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 516 Likes on 279 Posts

For future reference, measure each axle weight while everything is new and empty of miscellaneous. And looking at the picture the truck looks nice and level connected to the empty trailer, so measure that ride height for future reference while the suspension is new. Hopefully when loaded you don't get into one of those "nose bleed" stances.

On the new trailers, check wheel torques frequently AND keep an eye on functioning rear brake lights/turn signals/etc. (I am not sure if you have ever been to a trailer manufacturing facility or not...)

And unlike popular belief, WDH cannot defy laws of physics and make magic happen, so be careful on your first loaded trip.

Last edited by Igooz; 06-15-2021 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 09:27 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Very nice setup. I'm planning on ordering a new F150 this week. If you ordered yours from the factory, what was the lead time??

Quick Reply: "renovation" ideas for enclosed trailers